4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but Could be Better
This is a neat little device but it has its limitations. OK so I only received it today (I am in the UK) but already I can see that it is a great leap ahead of the stock remote that came with my 47" LG SMART TV (non-3D).

Set up was very easy indeed and the device is easy to use even if it the accelerometers in the device are very, very sensitive...
Published 10 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Some good, some bad but not worth the money
The main issue (as others have pointed out) is the lack of instructions on how to get the most out of the remote. They are basic to say the least. For something with the potential functions of this remote the single sheet is woefully inadequate.

Published 10 months ago by Trev-R

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but Could be Better, 8 Oct 2013
This review is from: LG AN-MR400 2013 Magic Remote (Accessory)

My main thought is that it really needs a direct button to take you to the TV listings function. Currently I have to navigate through SMART TV to the listings tab. I know it only takes a few seconds but it is surely the main function we;re all going to use.

As for price, it is hard to justify the RRP of 45 when LG's own Android app has potentially more functionality for free. However, I was happy to pay 30 for this. Just...

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 15 Mar 2014
This review is from: LG AN-MR400 2013 Magic Remote (Accessory)
What a difference!! So much easier to navigate with, than the remote supplied with the TV. LG really should be providing this with the TV and not having customers paying extra for this.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Fun Boy's Toy, 31 July 2013
Ant (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: LG AN-MR400 2013 Magic Remote (Accessory)
This didn't come with my new LG 3D TV, but I managed to get one as the retailer I bought it from said it was included and demo'd it to me before I bought the TV. So I have one but didn't pay for it - although there was a rigmarole in getting it. Anyway I have had a chance to use it and its great fun. Plug the supplied dongle into a usb slot on the TV and secure it with the supplied velcro to the back of the TV (it doesn't have to be in line of sight of the remote). TV recognises its there and you register the remote to the TV by pressing the OK wheel. A small cursor appears on the screen and you guide it around as required. There are buttons to access the smart menu, adjust volume etc etc.

Press the wheel/OK button and you can "draw" on the screen for your channel number, or you can swipe it across the screen to access previously viewed channels. Scroll through menus, TV guide or internet pages with the scroll wheel. And the greatest bit: hold down the microphone button and speak into the remote and it makes a very good job of recognising what you say! You can use it on internet searches or to find programmes etc. I just tried "Lake Como" and it came up with various options to choose from, including Youtube clips, iplayer progs, etc.

Brilliant for showing off to friends, great for web surfing on the TV. I'm still finding out what it can do, but very impressed so far. If it was priced at 30 quid I'd say you must get one. If you are paying over 40 then I'd think through how much use you make of the smart features on the TV, and maybe take a look at the various videos showing it in use on youtube. Note - you must have a 2013 LG TV and make sure you get this remote not the previous one for 2012 tellys - it doesn't have the voice activation or the 3D button.

Just off to play with it some more. It would be 5 stars if it was cheaper. Its 5 stars for me since I got it free, but this review is to advise you lot...

5.0 out of 5 stars my word a keyboard in your hand, 22 Mar 2014
This review is from: LG AN-MR400 2013 Magic Remote (Accessory)
at first it tricky to use then it becomes so easy the children now take control. works well with the TV . Another interesting new technology.

5.0 out of 5 stars Magic remote., 9 Mar 2014
This review is from: LG AN-MR400 2013 Magic Remote (Accessory)
There was a lack of instructions with this remote, but when it came down to it it was all straight forward. It can be annoying when it switches off, but a shake of the control soon puts it back on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 3 Nov 2013
This review is from: LG AN-MR400 2013 Magic Remote (Accessory)
Extremely easy to set up.Very light and comfortable to hold and does everything you need it to do. Point and shoot!

4.0 out of 5 stars Not quite magic, 25 Sep 2013
David W (SW London UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LG AN-MR400 2013 Magic Remote (Accessory)
This controller only works with selected TVs (2013 on). It is much easier to control certain functions than with the standard remote and I think essential for negotiating the internet using the cursor. Annoyingly the cursor disappears, if not moved for too shorter time. and the controller has to be waved around to get it back I have yet to discover the best way to achieve this and end up waving it frantically! All in all a useful addition but the standard controller still needs to be kept close by for certain functions such as settings.

3.0 out of 5 stars Some good, some bad but not worth the money, 2 Oct 2013
Trev-R (Boston UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: LG AN-MR400 2013 Magic Remote (Accessory)

Secondly, I have a slight Geordie accent, although not strong as I have lived away for over 30 years but some words it just will not recognize at all. The voice recognition command box can take a couple of seconds to pop up and then it can take a few more to work out what you want. Changing channel with voice commands only works with the built in tuner. Despite being paired successfully with my Sky Box I cannot change channel with voice commands. On the DTV built in tuner it works fine, You can for example just say 'Sky News' and it will jump to the sky news channel or you can say channel 1 and it goes to BBC One, alternatively you can say BBC One.

The gesture controls are limited and are (on my dual processor TV) quite slow and cumbersome. I don't often just want to scroll through channels and usually want to hop to a channel. OK so this works on DTV but not on whatever you have plugged into HDMI.

Overall I think this is a gimmick with limited day to day functionality. The technology needs further development and the voice recognition needs some work. Expanding the functions to allow control of a Sky/External Box would be great.

At the moment I could not recommend this for most people to use regularly.

3.0 out of 5 stars Overpriced toy., 8 April 2014
This review is from: LG AN-MR400 2013 Magic Remote (Accessory)
I bought this as a guilty treat to go with my new TV LG 42LN575V (which has surpassed all expectations so far!). It acts as a virtual mouse for the SMART aspect to the TV. Nearly 40 is way to much for a remote control, that on balance, does far more than this 'upgrade'.

If you can afford it, nice little toy for the SMART applications. It also appears to be a great cat toy! They kept chasing the cursor!.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 23 May 2014
This review is from: LG AN-MR400 2013 Magic Remote (Accessory)
The remote works perfectly with my LG Smart TV. The voice control makes controlling the TV a breeze.
The only slight annoyance is that the pointer on the screen gets out of phase with the remote when it reaches the edge of the screen and you have to wait for the pointer to switch off so that it comes back to the centre of the screen when activated again.
Price seems to be rather high but considering all the functions available, it is actually quite reasonably priced.

LG AN-MR400 2013 Magic Remote