2.0 out of 5 stars failure to launch, 10 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Balance 023 (Audio CD)
Bought this on the strength of the few reviews on site soon after release, a mistake in my opinion. I own and am well pleased with balance series 005, 010, 013, 014, 019 and to a slightly lesser extent 016 & 018 but this release just leaves me wanting something more...

The first cd starts promisingly enough but seems to plateau at mid tempo house and never really does much else; second cd has a fairly nice ambient kick off but lacks a common thread. Don't get me wrong, technically it's all there but the feel just doesn't do it for me & I'm not sure if I can play through until I appreciate (like with Agoria)

3.0 out of 5 stars Like another reviewer - "Hmmmmm....", 13 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Balance 023 (Audio CD)
This really is a hard one to get into. I'm still trying now.

I've given it a generous 3 but only as I think 2 stars seems unfair. I must admit though I am trying to find redeeming features and I would say the 2nd disc is better, this is only because this one is a little bit more varied and has some nice obscurities on it.

Other than this, it's definitely the most disappointing of the Balance series that I have bought. A real shame as I have a great respect for Radio Slave and constantly find myself enjoying his tracks or remixes on other albums.

3.0 out of 5 stars Up and Down..., 10 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Balance 023 (Audio CD)
Never owned any or heard much of Radio Slaves music. Big fan of the Balance series and living overseas ive only just received this and have played it a few times now. Quite varied in both the CD's and the genres he uses. Although his more upbeat dancey techno stuff is good at the right time, its the more vocal chilled bassy stuff with some jazzy tints thrown in that I have enjoyed about this mix.
The more catchy and enjoyable is the slower loungey and I wish the album as a whole had more of it, as he seems better and more comfortable at playing that than the techy stuff, which can be a bit harsh on the ears and quite repetative I found. Ive heard all this stuff before I thought about midway through and it was a long time ago and it was ok then but not in 2013. Its not the best mix in the series by a long way, and is not going to go down very well with a lot of listeners, In saying that Balance is known for asking the respected more established artists to produce a double album that is creative different and new - Radio Slave has done exactly that.
I hear Danny Howells is next up for 024!

3.0 out of 5 stars Mmmm...., 25 July 2013
This review is from: Balance 023 (Audio CD)
I'm afraid the jury's still out, didn't do too much for me the first couple of plays, must listen more

Balance 023
Balance 023 by Radioslave (Audio CD - 2013)