5.0 out of 5 stars Great
Superb monitor from Samsung, not the biggest fan of Samsung but this monitor was bright and crystal clear.

No signs of flickering or bad pixels either. Good price too, only 130, which is cheap for what you get compared to the other overpriced monitors (with the same, if not worse specifications) being sold.
Published 8 months ago by Omar Sheikh

3.0 out of 5 stars screen works amazing, but the stand it's on is lame
screen works amazing, but the stand it's on is lame which give it an angle which the top part lean forward.. god knows why... no control on it at all..
Published 3 months ago by Elad Itzkin

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 22 Oct 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent monitor both for VGA and HDMI, 22 Nov 2013
R. F. Stevens "richard23491" (Ickenham UK) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Samsung S24C300HS 24 inch HDMI VGA LED Monitor (Accessory)
This is a genuine 1920 pixel by 1080 lines monitor, with a claimed 5ms grey to grey time. The colourimetry is excellent, and the HD BBC Test Card shows that the brightness to contrast range and sharpness are all correctly set by default. The surround bezel is gloss black, but the screen itself (a full 24" diagonal) is more of a fine matte and does not reflect highlights. The Az blurb seems to be correct in most respects.

It has both HDMI and VGA inputs. Both work well to the full 1920x1080p resolution at 50Hz or 60Hz refresh. Even a 10metre long HDMI lead at 1080p was excellent. The thin VGA lead that came with it seems to work fine, but I am using my own 2metre HDMI lead (none was supplied).

It is capable of being too bright in a normal domestic or office environment, and I've reduced the back-light setting to about 50% (on ECO) to match the well-lit room it is used in so as to minimise eye-strain. The usual set of touch buttons to navigate the menus lives on the lower edge next to the indicator light on the right.

It recognises the full range of VESA standard scan modes, and there is the ability to fine tune a slightly non-standard mode to scale it to fit the screen. The only negative thing I have found is that the stylishly sculpted design of the back means there are no VESA mounting holes.

It does NOT have any speakers. But then anything this thin would not be able to produce a decent sound, and there are lots of inexpensive excellent external speakers for PC. We still use some old sets of Logitech X-230 speakers.

The Magic Picture Angle (MPA) is interesting. When the MPA is aimed as detailed in the menu it is very directional, surprisingly so, especially when considering that the "Group View" is very non-directional and supports quite wide viewing angles both horizontally and vertically. I've decided that 'Off' (not 'Group View') is the setting I should leave it on as being most useful, because gamma cannot be changed when a Magic Angle mode is active.

Tilting the monitor is significantly easier than it was with last year's otherwise almost (only 23.6") identical model (S24B300HL on my W7 machine). The top part of the base-stand-bracket-assembly that is fixed to the monitor is a friction hinge with maybe as much as thirty degrees of movement.

The software that comes with it seems to work, but I'm not using it. My ancient XP and W7 machines were both able to negotiate with the monitor and automatically set everything right before ever looking at the Samsung CD. The XP it is being used with has an HDMI graphics card with the AMD Catalyst software which talked with the monitor quite happily. I found that the PDF manual is the most useful item with the extra info that was not shown in the multi-language scraps of paper that come with it.

I compared this new S24C300HS (via HDMI graphics card) with my one-year-old S24B300HL (via MB VGA graphics), both on the same computer at the same time, and by tweaking the backlight and sRGB profiles was able to get an almost exact match between them. For a while I ended up with a desktop 3840 pixels wide, allowing four A4 pages to be shown side by side in four separate Word windows, plus space left over for odds at the sides, and the mouse sweeping across the lot. Wonderful, but a shame I can't afford the desk space to do this all the time, and the older monitor had to go back to its own computer.

The mains unit is small and only seems to rise maybe ten or fifteen degrees above room temperature with the LED back-light brightness set for normal domestic/office lighting levels. It has a standard figure-8 two-pin mains socket, and both US and UK leads for it were supplied.

I've measured the power it takes from the mains;
. Standby is about 0.5 Watts.
. Normal use at about 50% brightness is 13 Watts, (surprisingly good).
So now it, the speakers, and a few other bits are switched off automatically by a Belkin power strip when the computer goes to sleep.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Monitor but Magic Tune programme on CD does not support Wndows & Home Premium, 11 Nov 2013
This review is from: Samsung S24C300HS 24 inch HDMI VGA LED Monitor (Accessory)
Bought monitor on strength of many of the reviews on Amazon and have not been disappointed as picture is much clearer and is a definite improvement on the 19" monitor which I have replaced. Easy to set up but best to install the PDF Manual ASAP and read how to set up controls. I found this a bit of a faff and tried to set up the Magic Tune programme which is also on the CD and claims to make adjustment of the Menu controls easier. As soon as I tried this a message came up stating that my OS(Windows 7 Home Premium)was not supported by the programme. Went on to their site and noted that the last version supported was Vista which is not much good.

4.0 out of 5 stars lovely monitor, great price, 18 Oct 2013
This review is from: Samsung S24C300HS 24 inch HDMI VGA LED Monitor (Accessory)
looks great, great purchase, I now have 2 for duel screen viewing. paid 130 for it, well worth it compared to what else is available at that price. highly recommend

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, 22 Nov 2013
This review is from: Samsung S24C300HS 24 inch HDMI VGA LED Monitor (Accessory)
Perfect for the price, does exactly what it says on the tin. Got my PS3 plugged into the HDMI and PC into the VGA. My only issue with it is that it is not adjustable, height, tilt etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good all rounder, 12 Nov 2013
This review is from: Samsung S24C300HS 24 inch HDMI VGA LED Monitor (Accessory)
Excellent quality from Samsung as we have come to expect. I use it with a Mac Mini and it works perfectly. Good colour saturation, subjectively it appears totally flicker-free. All round a good choice to make.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, 17 Oct 2013
Mark Anderson (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Samsung S24C300HS 24 inch HDMI VGA LED Monitor (Accessory)
Superb quality product and great clarity....has made the whole PC experience far better.......build quality is excellent and adjustment is flexible to cater for all needs...

5.0 out of 5 stars This monitor does tilt., 28 Nov 2013
Mr. Edward J. Spicer (Plymouth, UK.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Samsung S24C300HS 24 inch HDMI VGA LED Monitor (Accessory)
Excellent product. I received this monitor today and I had a reservation. After I had ordered it I read some more reviews [read plenty beforehand] and it was mentioned that the unit didn't tilt for viewing. I have to say, on this model [November 2013] it does tilt. There is a hole in the back / underside, where the stand attaches. Put that in and I noticed a smaller, different colour fitting that the stand goes into. Fitted that, and I noticed it moved. So, after set-up which it did itself, I gingerly moved the screen to a backward tilt. No worries. You can tilt it back to quite an angle or use it totally upright. I like the back tilt as I like to look down onto a screen. All I had to do after the self-set-up was 'auto' centre the screen and choose which angle to use. I went with 'side mode'. Excellent! Fully worth the five stars! I did get a bargain though, 110, I notice it is 130 now. Must have been a rush. I can't say I'm surprised, a lot of monitor with a clear screen at a price that is vary fair indeed.
I can recommend this to anyone on a budget. My last LG screen 19" lasted me 7 years.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 22 Jan 2014
This review is from: Samsung S24C300HS 24 inch HDMI VGA LED Monitor (Accessory)
Good worth the price but what hurts me is the fact that the touch keys don't work well I would rather to have a normal keys.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, 2 Jan 2014
This review is from: Samsung S24C300HS 24 inch HDMI VGA LED Monitor (Accessory)
This is brilliant for the price. I bought it for a present for someone but am considering getting one for myself.