on 2 October 2013
I bought this book as my son and my God-Daughter are taking A Level history. I had a brief knowledge of the subject but only from my exams 35 years ago! This is a great book and it shows the problems with religion in those times. If you are looking to learn about this subject for an exam or if you just want to learn more about the Reformation then this is the book to buy. I have read many others but this is by far my favourite!
on 27 April 2015
Got the book very quickly! It's a great book!
on 4 August 2014
A necessary purchase for the degree course that I'm doing. I've not had an opportunity to start reading it yet because I am waiting for direction from the course so that I only read relevant passages.
on 26 November 2012
I really appreciate this author's books but have been wondering why all the copies I have, though printed in the UK, are written in American spelling. I'm only an evangelical but not a nationalist (in fact, my citizenship is in heaven and I still have Japanese nationality in this world). I believe I'm not the sort of fierce Christian who shows feelings of holy hatred towards his good American neighbours, always shouting 'Remember Hiroshima!' (Sorry for the Fukushima disaster, by the way. The Japanese nuclear power industry has been in the control of the American dream.) I might have a bit of prejudice against the so-called conservative Christians in America. Is it narrow-minded of me to wish British writers to publish their books in British spelling?