1 Review

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive selection, 21 July 2013
rumble fish (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: UNDER THE INFLUENCE VOL 3 (Audio CD)
Where do these guys get this music from? I can’t believe there is so much great stuff from the 70/80s that has remained completely under the radar until this day. The Red Greg album that kicked off the Under the Influence series was a real eye opener for me and one of my most played cds of 2012. Once again I’ve never heard of James Glass but he is obviously a deep collector as he has pulled out some groovy funky disco tunes from some mighty obscure acts. My favourite is the Brass Construction like disco funk of Sweet Talks “Do The Beat”, but there are several others here like the moody Doug Hream Blunt “Gentle Persuasion” and the reggae cover of People’s Choice “Do It anyway you wanna” by Harold Butler - which I have had on repeat in my car. There are a couple of tunes on here which I fast forward over but in general the quality is very high, especially considering its a double cd. If you want to hear some new old music you’re unlikely to have come across on other similar albums then I’d seriously recommend this CD.

UNDER THE INFLUENCE VOL 3
UNDER THE INFLUENCE VOL 3 by Various Artists (Audio CD - 2014)