5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap price, expensive quality.
I have the mid 2010 macbook pro 13.3" and it fits perfectly in this sleeve.

The materials:

The sleeve walls have a nice thickness to them, probably just over 5mm. The inside has a softer, more fluffy layer than the outside.

Published 23 days ago by Callum Wilson

3.0 out of 5 stars Small!
Customer Video Review     Length:: 0:29 Mins
Published 1 month ago by Crookedmouth

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap price, expensive quality., 10 Aug 2014
I have the mid 2010 macbook pro 13.3" and it fits perfectly in this sleeve.

The materials:

The outside is a kind of squishy material a bit like neoprene (think of what divers and surfers wear) If you spill something on it your laptop probably isn't going to get wet unless you leave it to soak as the seams are not waterproof but then again it isn't advertised as waterproof.

As it is a sleeve it isn't made to protect your laptop from great falls, more everyday scratches and what not, but it will take some of the impact if it falls off a bed or a chair although I still wouldn't recommend it.

The zipper:

On the inside by the opening it has an edge that stops the zipper touching your laptop. The zip itself is good quality with a big handle which is easy to grab and pull. There is only one zipper not two. I know some people like two. The zip goes down the sides a bit which helps with keeping the zip zipped and allows the opening to open enough so you don't need to struggle with fitting your laptop in.

I bought this to protect my laptop from the other items in my backpack and so far it has done the job perfectly. It is thin enough so I can still fit in the pocket in my backpack and adds the protection I need when I accidently dump my bag on the floor.

I would definitely recommend this, the price may be cheap but the quality is not.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good protection for transporting tablets, 18 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I like this case because it is simple to use, feels sturdy and reliable and does what it is meant to. It isn't the most attractive, a soft black case with a single zip around the top, but protects a lot more thoroughly than most other styles of case can do.

The inside is soft with a smoother fabric on the exterior and it has a good level of padding without making it too bulky to carry around with you.

Personally, this case is ideal for me for when I need to take my device out with me for longer distances, on daytrips or when I go on holidays. It keeps it well protected within my rucksack or bag and stops other items in my bag rubbing against it and possibly causing scratches.

I do have a wraparound style case too, which I use day to day, but I use this new case for when I am storing my device somewhere as it offers better protection from accidental drops or even light spills. It does not fit in this within its wraparound case unfortunately and that is one of the only real downsides I see, as once you remove it from the padded case it no longer has any protection unless you put on a solid or wraparound case whilst using. This is obviously fine for laptops and so on, but isn't something I feel particularly comfortable with when carrying around my tablet.

I do love the protection this offers when you have to transport your device though, so will continue to use it, and do recommend buying at such a good price, for what feels a decent quality product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Storage for your Shiny Treasure, 13 Aug 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
You have a style dilemma with beautiful Kindles, Nexuses and the like. They are lovely a sleek and beautiful, but they break easily. If you put them in padded sleeves which will keep them safe, you turn them into bulky objects the size of regular books. So, here's an option: a soft padded sleeve to keep your treasure safe, but when you take it out to you, it's slim and pristine and shiny.

Now, personally, I'm too nervous of dropping mine once I take it out really to enjoy this option, but if you're less clumsy than me or have a higher anxiety threshold, this might be for you.

The foam is dense but light and the overall bulk of it not too great: it fits in a generous jacket pocket. The well-positioned zip won't scratch your machine. It's in an austere black with Amazon's little logo peeping out, which counts as a high status brand in some circles. If dropped, it bounces gently. I've tried this, because I'm clumsy.

It's cheap for the sort of thing it is, so if you feel more comfortable with a book-style binding, you've not parted with too much lucre. But if I want to show of my shiny tech (say, on long train journeys where my poor motor control probably won't subject my tablet to too much injury), then this makes a great travelling pouch.

So ask yourself this: "Am I likely to drop my tablet/kindle in the act of removing it from the sleeve?"

If the answer is, "Frankly, yes!" then you might look elsewhere.

If you think, "No way, I've got a sky-high Dexterity!" then this is for you.

3.0 out of 5 stars Small!, 16 July 2014
Crookedmouth ":-/" (As seen on iPlayer) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Length:: 0:29 Mins

After some years of buying small, light tablets and then sticking them in covers that make them bigger, heavier and unwieldier, I am beginning to think that maybe using them without covers would be a way to appreciate the qualities that distinguish them from laptops, desktops and mainframes. However, another distinguishing feature is their relative fragility. SOME protection is needed.

This is a sort of compromise - it allows me to use the tablet as the gods intended but provides the necessary protection from bumps and scratches. It's NOT waterproof or even water resistant though.

The case is soft and squidgy and seems well made and the zip is chunky and robust. It is also snug. I wondered at first whether my Tab S 8.4" would fit - my Nexus 7 did, but with little or no wiggle room. An 8" tablet does for, but only just.

I know Amazon don't like us reviewing packaging, but the Frustration Free Packaging IS a stated feature of the product. Well, I nearly cut my hand off trying to open the "Frustration Free Packaging". The rustic cardboard box was sealed with a plastic sticker that could only easily be removed with a knife or pair of scissors.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job!, 17 Jun 2014
Miss "crazyminx" (Coventry) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: AmazonBasics Laptop Sleeve for 11.6-Inch Laptop / Chromebook / MacBook Air (Personal Computers)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Like most of the Amazon Basics range, this laptop sleeve does its job well, without any bells and whistles. It's a soft case that has a layer of padding of medium thickness, and it seemed to offer my laptop a good level of protection. It has an easy-to-open zip and you can slip the laptop in and out quickly. The rounded corners are pleasant, and the overall design is simple and sleek. It's very light and doesn't add unnecessary bulk to your laptop or tablet, which is a plus point.

As usual however, I wish they wouldn't put such a large, obvious and cheap-looking 'Basics' label on the product.

If you want a good value, simple case for a laptop or tablet then it's hard to go wrong with this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says, 19 Mar 2014
Sheldon (Sheffield, UK) - See all my reviews
Cheapest one but is quite nice quality. There's nothing wrong with it at all, it was great for the price.

Only thing they could do to improve it is add another zip (there's currently only one)

4.0 out of 5 stars Low cost sleeve for your MacBook Pro, 3 Feb 2014
Does a good job of keeping my MacBook Pro 13" (late 2013) protected without it slipping around too much. Does scratch on the zip when taking in and out but this is not causing any damage. Relatively thick padding.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value and does what it needs to., 13 Aug 2014
Bee of Good Cheer (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have an Asus MeMo tablet and this fits it very well. I was using a wraparound case, but this is definitely less bulky. It does however mean that everyone can see the screaming pink colour of the tablet (I bought the last one in the shop, in my defence) which isn't great.

The zipper runs smoothly and doesn't catch, and the tab is really useful. As other people have commented, I'm not sure that having such prominent "Basics" labelling is necessary or a selling - surely just "Amazon" would do, especially as there isn't a "premium" range. The fabric itself is good quality.

There's enough room in the sleeve for cables, a stylus and such.

When not using it for my tablet, it successfully holds a myriad of chargers and cables, and in fact I might buy one just for that purpose as the sleeve is such a good price.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap but not the best solution..., 27 Aug 2014
I ordered this for my Macbook Pro (15"). Item quickly via prime which is fantastic!
The sleeve itself is pretty thin; you wouldn't want to use it for anything other than the prevention of scratches on the laptop. For drops/slips, I would not be confident that the sleeve would protect the mac at all.

The other thing that was immediately noticeable was the size. The sleeve is way too big for the 15" mac, to a point that the laptop is just sliding around inside with too much space around.

So overall, it does the job, but there could be improvements on the quality and snugness.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy and cheap, 12 Aug 2014
Paul Fillery (Worcester, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
For the price, this offers really great travel protection for larger tablets and Kindles - actually, I can fit both my iPad and kindle in here comfortably. No frills but sturdily-made, this is yet another decent addition to the AmazonBasics range - you can really pick up some bargains from there. This does the job simply and with no fuss, and protects your device(s) from scratches when placed in, say, luggage it a school bag. Note that there are no additional pockets for leads, etc - possibly a slight oversight, but there is enough room in the main sleeve for a USB lead.