5.0 out of 5 stars A moving book that shares Hope, 17 April 2013
This review is from: How I Came to Hold You (Paperback)
The death of a baby can and does, leave you lost for words.  A stunning inability to vocalise the agony, whilst your heart desperately searches for something, anything, to give record the shock and deep pain.

This beautiful book has shown that with time, love and support, the words can be revealed, shared and bring an empathy, a recognition of the devastation but also, a hope for the future.  Hope that is absent, unreachable, invisible in the early, raw days, months and years that follow the earthquake.

A hope (in the gift of a new life to nurture) that tragically, doesn't become a reality for all who suffer this unique loss, but a hope all the same;  that we can and do survive, that  life can be beautiful, gentler and embraced once again.  A slow building realisation that though the years move forward, we never forget the gift our precious babies brought to us.  How their brief presence changes us as people, as parents and impacts on those who are willing to share this privileged journey at our side.  Thank you Ben and every parent who gave voice to the pain and the hope.

Our babies, Always loved, cherished and never forgotten.

5.0 out of 5 stars Emotional but inspiring, 21 April 2013
This review is from: How I Came to Hold You (Kindle Edition)
This has been written with compassion and empathy.
He has listened to what these parents have said and got it right.

5.0 out of 5 stars How I Came To Hold You, 17 April 2013
This review is from: How I Came to Hold You (Kindle Edition)
I read this book in a couple of hours. Although I have never lost a child, I felt so emotional at what these people had to go through. It made me cry but also made me smile. Big Hugs to you all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Remembering my Joseph, 29 April 2013
This review is from: How I Came to Hold You (Kindle Edition)
It's been an eye opener to read the experiences of other parents who have gone through the loss of their child whether this be neonatally, stillborn or through miscarriage. Not a day goes by when Joseph isn't mentioned at home by me, his daddy or his siblings. We've even been blessed with 2 little miracles since Aug 2009 - a gift from their big brother I'm sure.
I was terribly worried throughout both pregnancies that I would lose George or Seth and didn't have anyone to talk to about how I felt that understood. This book provides worried parents with future pregnancies feel some form of comfort and I wish it was out sooner. Perhaps then my negativity might not have been so terrible.
What a fantastic read and thank you to all 17 families for sharing your stories. Brought many tears to my eyes, in a bittersweet way at times.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, definitely recommended!, 22 April 2013
freakybabe2 (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: How I Came to Hold You (Kindle Edition)
This book helped me a lot to feel like I'm not on my own. What happened to me has happened to lots of people, it's just not talked about. Well done Sands

4.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful read. Humbling and uplifting., 30 May 2013
This review is from: How I Came to Hold You (Kindle Edition)
Sofia Mason is a close friend and fellow amputee. I first met her at Roehampton Hospital shortly after her Meningitis trauma. From that day I have seen her inner strengths get her where she is today. A true inspiration. A fabulous person who now has Dan and George to keep her cheerful. This book oozes love and respect for fellow sufferers of the terrible loss of their treasured babies. Wonderfully written.

5.0 out of 5 stars My baby boy was very recently born sleeping and reading ..., 27 Oct 2014
This review is from: How I Came to Hold You (Paperback)
My baby boy was very recently born sleeping and reading this book made me realise I'm not the only one who has had their baby taken to soon with no reason and find some comfort that with time I will find strength to cope with the shock and grief and be able to get my life back and get out of bed in the morning. It's devastating so many people go through this agony and reading other people's stories will help break the tabo of not talking about baby loss. I cried from start to finish as it's still so raw and real.

4.0 out of 5 stars How I Came to Hold You, 12 Mar 2014
This review is from: How I Came to Hold You (Kindle Edition)
Made me feel I am not alone and my feelings are normal after the devastating loss of our baby girl.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Powerful, 4 Jan 2014
This review is from: How I Came to Hold You (Kindle Edition)
A very powerful book, which is a tough read for anyone who has experienced the loss of a baby. Totals admiration for each contributor each story touched my heart.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rating, 3 Nov 2013
This review is from: How I Came to Hold You (Kindle Edition)
I chose this rating because I enjoyed reading this book . It is for a good cause that is close to my heart

How I Came to Hold You