5.0 out of 5 stars Top-Quality
I purchased this as I needed something that could allow me to carry my cameras & lenses whilst on my motorbike and this rucksack does the job!

I have all my filters, cloths & other bits and bobs such as my mobile phone in the front compartment.

Published 12 months ago by MyKeyReviews

1.0 out of 5 stars The item I bought was damaged...
I was disapointed. It was ripped in the upper back.

The only reason I didn't trade for a new one was because it will too complicated because I used a virtual visa, so the number is not the same anymore. It would take an eternity to get a new one.

So I kept this one and asked a friend to try to fix it.
Published 5 months ago by Tiago Carvalho

5.0 out of 5 stars Top-Quality, 2 Mar. 2014
MyKeyReviews (Hampshire, UK.) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)

In the middle compartment you can shift the Velcro straps around allowing you to keep your equipment nice and snug; I was able to fit two compact cameras, a bridge camera & two lenses and I still had tons of room to play with.

And finally in the back compartment there is plenty of space for my laptop which is pretty handy; you will also find a waterproof cover to help prevent all your vital gear from getting wet if it decides to rain.

Really good bag for a very reasonable price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice bag in need of a good review, 13 Jan. 2014
After being stuck with some dire Samsonite travesty ever since I irreparably damaged my Lowepro Computrekker AW, I have been in need of something with a bit more room, a sensible design and good ergonomics. After looking at the current Lowepro offerings, they have all gone for this side-opening malarkey, which I find annoying and tends to waste space in the bag, and getting an expensive Manfrotto sling bag thing which I hated and gave away, I decided to take a punt on the Amazon Basics DLSR + Laptop bag.

It duly arrived and upon opening had a feel of quality that belies its price tag. On opening the various compartments the zips feel sturdy and the backpack itself is comfortable. The main camera compartment is fully adjustable with velcro dividers allowing you to chop up the available space as you see fit. I managed to get my Canon EOS 550D with battery grip with attached Canon 70-200mm F4 L lens in, plus a Canon 400D, 50mm Macro prime, 17-70mm standard zoom and large flashgun in the bag with no problems, while also slotting in two camera chargers, a number of USB and power cables and a supply of AA batteries without having to squeeze anything down or cram anything in. This then left the front flap for bits like memory card cases and laptop accessories, and the laptop itself slots easily in the back. My Samsung Series 7 Ultrabook has no problems sliding the the available space, and even my horrid and frankly gigantic HP work laptop fits reasonably well inside.

At the end of this week I will be using it as my hand luggage going to Malaysia, so I will then find out how robust it is, but so far its about as close to a Lowepro Computrekker AW you can get, and I can wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone looking for a combined DSLR and Laptop backpack.

P.S. It says "Amazon Basics" on the front of the bag, which feels a bit like having the "Tesco Value" logo on it. If you are a slave to brands, you might want to consider a different bag :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value...., 17 April 2014
C. FULLER (Brixham, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: AmazonBasics DSLR and Laptop Backpack with Grey Interior (Electronics)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a double. Firstly, ideal for all the camera kit and there are plenty of compartments in which to store items. Secondly, the laptop area is separate from the camera area. The construction of the bag is sturdy and with good quality zipping making for good protection of the contents. Price wise the bag is great value. Very pleased with this bag and it will contain all the items.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the smaller version, 23 May 2014
I bought both this and the smaller version. The smaller version is really excellent, especially for its price - light, handsome, lots of pockets for small items, and happily swallowing much more equipment than you would expect. This larger version just doesn't work as well - although it is a lot bigger on the outside, it's actual effective internal capacity really doesn't seem any greater. The small version is cleverly designed, but this one isn't - it just occupies extra space. Its pockets aren't as good. It is ungainly where the small version is neat. Its only real advantage is the extra pocket for a laptop, but carrying a laptop as well as a camera and several lenses etc would make it very heavy. Choose the smaller version - indeed get two if you have to rather than this one!

5.0 out of 5 stars A zero compromise bag at a great price, 11 Aug. 2014
I bought this rucksack after quite a lot of research and looking at what the best bag for me was. While I was looking at a lot of other websites that recommended different brands and different styles of bag, this one never came up once until I actually came to Amazon with the intention of actually buying something.

Having set aside over £100 for a Lowepro, I can say that I do not feel like I have compromised at all in giving the Amazon Basics rucksack a chance, as it has done nothing but impress with everything from the price to the quality of the actual product. I'm no pro photographer, but this bag easily accommodates all of my gear with room to expand, and the space for a laptop and documents is a real bonus, especially when I'm travelling, as this is something I struck off the list when looking at other brands because it simply added too much to the price of the bags.

Overall, I'm incredibly impressed with this bag and have no concerns whatsoever travelling around with all my gear inside it - one of the other great things about it is that, without the manfrotto or Lowepro logos it doesn't draw too much attention as a bag with £1000+ of camera gear inside it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent bag to securely carry camera equipment, 14 May 2014
R. Johnson "r_johnson194" (London, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I moved to a backpack for my camera equipment after not getting on with a messenger style bag.

The first thing that I liked was the greater amount of space. I can easily fit my Canon 7D, 2 telephoto lenses, 2 wider angle lenses and flash as well as a compact and other bits like filters with more than enough room to spare.

The bag feels very secure and well padded. It's possible to remove the internal padding of the bag to suit your needs. I have removed one of the small pieces of padding so I can fit camera body in without having to take the lens off. There are elstic straps (again completely removable and adjustable) that give a little more security for heavier items such as this. Only 2 are provided though and I could have done with 3 (each telephoto lens needs one plus the body)

There's a decent amount of space in the other 2 compartments, although really the focus is on your camera equipment, so don't expect anything like the amount of space found in a normal backpack.

There is a rain cover included which is handy. Another small complaint would be that it's just stored loose in the bag. It would have been nice for it to have been sewn into the bag and to fold away when not in use, but this is only minor.

The bag is reasonably comfortable, however I did find that after a day of trekking around town with a lot of my equipment in it that id dug into my shoulders a bit. A couple of hours wearing this though isn't a problem.

Another plus point is that it's not clearly a camera bag. Some other camera bags I've owned are clearly bags for expensive cameras (with brand logos visible and the overall appearance). I've always felt like a bit of a target when carrying them. With this, there is very little to indicate what's being carried inside.

Overall a really solid, well build and versatile bag for an SLR and related equipment. I would definitely recommend this bag, particularly for the low price tag.

5.0 out of 5 stars Chunky, flexible, practical and great value, 12 May 2014
leftfooter "leftfooter" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am really impressed by this bag. Although under the "Amazon Basics" label, this is not a cheap-looking product at all. The plus points far outweigh any negatives, and for the price it is superb value.

Good points:
- main section of the bag, where the camera equipment goes, is thickly padded all round (a good 1cm thick foam at least)
- the interior dividers are very flexible. 2 long L-shaped dividers and 6 short straight ones, each with velcro at either end, allow you to arrange the space to fit in any combination of camera bodies, lenses, etc. These dividers are also well padded with foam
- all of the main storage space, including dividers, is covered is soft felt-y material that will not scratch and to which the velcro sticks well
- there are two webbing straps with velcro that allow you to hold larger items in place even better
- owing to all the thick foam, the main section has a structural rigidity that means that it will not be easily squashed, even if you accidentally put something on top of the rucksack
- behind the main section (i.e., between the main section and your back, when wearing the rucksack) is a good sized compartment for a laptop, up to 15".
- in front of the main compartment is another zipped compartment which contains lots of little pockets and zipped sections for your power cables, pens, documents, etc. And to finish off the storage options, two small pockets with flap covers at the sides.
- there is a chunky rubber carrying handle on the top for simple lifting or pulling out of an overhead locker
- there are two reasonably thick pads on the back, to cushion your back when carrying the rucksack, with a gap in between for some ventilation
- there are a full set of straps, both to go over the shoulder, but also to go round your waist. Both sets of straps clip together at the front and are adjustable for length. This is a pack made for staying on as you hike cross-country
- you will find an elasticated waterproof cover tucked in into the bag, which you can put over the whole rucksack to provide additional weather-resistance
- if you did not want to use it as a camera bag all the time, you can remove all the dividers and have a very reasonably-sized bag for an overnight stay (with your laptop). This will be very useful for me, for short business trips.

Possible criticisms:
- there is no way to lock the zips (e.g., holes through which a small padlock could be put), to protect expensive equipment from prying fingers
- the straps themselves, whilst somewhat padded, are a little thin. Also, I would not expect the material to be the most "breathable" at this price-point, so could be sweaty on a long hike in hot conditions
- the rigidity of the main section means that the bag remains large and 'boxy' even when empty
- the bag would not protect against a heavy weight (e.g., a large suitcase falling on it). If you want this sort of protection, you need a hard-shell briefcase type, not a rucksack like this, which is definitely "hand baggage only".

If any of these minor issues are important to you, then you need to look elsewhere. To me, they are noted purely for information, and do not merit knocking a star off my 5-star rating for a very good bag indeed.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good bargain price product, but not quite good enough for top-end kit, 4 April 2014
Bob Sherunkle (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
There are several positives. The secure waist and chest straps make light work of heavy equipment, and the breathable back cushioning should be comfortable in warm weather. There are several useful adaptable compartments, including flexible well placed SLR pockets, and there are Velcro panels to support a telephoto lens. The laptop compartment is well cushioned, and the rain cover is high quality. The pack has high-quality zips and zip protectors, preventing equipment scratching.

The shoulder straps could do with more cushioning, but one could say that about lots of backpacks of all types.

Overall, then, pretty good value, but there are two drawbacks if you want to carry lots of different items and/or you have high-end expensive equipment: the pack could really do with more base cushioning for drop protection, and there is a noticeable lack of security options (padlock, double lock zips etc). The serious enthusiast would probably want something more secure and a little more robust, which would cost you more accordingly more. I.e. it’s a good cheap product which may struggle to compete in the luxury market where it really belongs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant value for money, 29 Jan. 2014
No idea how they produce such a high quality product relative to the retail price... sure it's no top end Lowe n Pro rucksack... but then it's a fraction of the price and does 95% of what the premium brand does... you won't be disappointed - unless you are a brand snob..

5.0 out of 5 stars Number 1 choice for a DSLR & Camera Bag, 7 Feb. 2014
This is an amazing bag. very well made and surprised at how good the inside of the bag is. i am certain that my £2000 DSLR & £1500 Macbook will be safe inside this case.