on 27 February 2009
Living with a typographer has in many ways changed my life. But it was listening to Louise Hay's 'The Power is Within You' audio book that I came to know about this one.
In the east they say that your handwriting mirrors your state of mind - it couldn't be more true. I hadn't realized many things about my self before reading this one.
Highly Recommended
on 8 May 2010
Louise Hay lead me to this book and I bought it out of curiosity. I am so glad I did! It is a facinating subject, very well written, easy to read, and a challenge to try and change your handwriting.
I have found that things in my world have been shaken up by this challenge and am interested to see where it leads me.
If you read this and are determined to put this new alphabet into practice, I would highly recommend purchasing Vimala Rodgers new item 'Transform your life through handwriting' (Book & CD) as it is the perfect accompanyment. Enjoy the challenge!Transform Your Life Through Handwriting (Book & CD)
on 6 November 2013
I wanted a book to help me find a neat and presentable was of writing for work and forms. Although the suggestions in this book make sense and the exercises were helpful, the recommended style of writing is ugly and not easily readable. No point in changing one difficult to read style for another. However I have learned to write legibly where necessary.
on 4 August 2009
My handwriting was appalling, imagine a doctor's prescription note (we all know how illegible they can be !) - well mine was worse ! My handwriting was sometimes so bad, not even I could make out all the words I'd written myself !

I was going through a bad patch in life, and looking for solutions. This gave me ONE of them.

It won't make you win the lottery, or miraculously find the woman (or man) of your dreams, but what it will do is make you have an inner peace, calmness etc. In my case that is what it did as well as stopping me from sweating over the small stuff. It's VERY therapeutic.

I also got TONS of compliments for my new handwriting.

But, I did say there is a but in the title and these are they;

1) The handwriting style is not suitable (IMO) for writing addresses on envelopes !
2) This handwriting style is very impractical for filling in forms (then what do you do !)
3) In the book, there is NO MENTION of how to write numbers
4) In the book, there is only a TINY mention of how letters are joined up.

BUT, I DO highly recommend this book - it does take time to master, to learn the alphabet (both upper and lower) - around 2 weeks in my case (and I had a lot of time to practice). But the HARDEST part is getting up to a sensible speed so that you can fill things in or write things up at your normal speed. That I think will take a good 1-2 years (and I am nowhere near up to speed).

But, do go for it though because there really isn't anything out there that competes at all and also, Vimala Rodgers (the author/creator of the font/handwriting style) has made this her life's purpose - it is what she does and what she has been put on this planet to serve us with.
on 12 March 2015
Sort of agree with the principle but in these days of computers not sure how well it would work. From what I see spelling has gone out the window it's all about sounds so wander becomes wonder and lose becomes loose etc. even businesses confuse steak with stake. So you tie a knot in a letter to make you remember but if all the letters have knots and the knots have become nots what was the point of changing the "k" ?
on 29 December 2015
Highly recommend. It's a wonderful book. How can writing a letter in a particular way affect change deep in our selves? Maybe because writing letters in a certain way (as recommended here) brings images from our unconscious up, and images, as Jung and the whole list of others that came after him, tell us are more profound and reach much deeper than words and stories could. Bless you, Vimala. What a great thing you gave us.
on 6 May 2013
Very good book, this was suggested by Louise L Hay, who I hold very high with her books. So Thanks
on 10 August 2013
I have read the majority of this book and followed the exercises, now I need to practice. It is an interesting and intriguing book and I will know if it influences my life when I've altered my handwriting. I recommend it to anyone who is interested in personal development and self help books.
on 5 July 2009
Your Handwriting Can Change Your Life is absolutely brilliant. I recommend it to anyone who is wanting to enter the world of positiveness.

This book provides the reader with valuable information about themselves. Worth reading!
on 24 February 2015
This book was recommended to me by a friend, I read it and practiced every day for 3 months, until I ran out of interest as I did not see or feel I was getting anything out of it.