5.0 out of 5 stars Good Surprise !
Published 14 months ago by Sangeet Rcknrol

3.0 out of 5 stars Not on par with Cinderellas work
Read some awesome reviews on this CD, and I always held Tom Keifer in VERY high esteem, a fantastic vocalist and a great guitarist. However, I have played this a few times, and it doesn't hit you as hard as his work with Cinderella which is a pity as Tom has spent a LONG time writing and performing for this album.
That's NOT to say its a bad album, far from it, BUT...
Published 19 days ago by Alan Frehley

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Surprise !, 8 May 2013
This review is from: The Way Life Goes (Audio CD)
Cinderella was one of my favourite bands in the 80's and still is. The metal sounding band in Night Songs (1986) became a little softer in Long Cold Winter (1988) and bluesy rock 'n' roll band in Heartbreak Station (1990) and stayed that way until Still Climbing (1994) and gone. The first three albums are my favourites equally. I did not listen to the last album that much at the time. I waited Cinderella to give us another good album for long. I thought like most bands of the 80's, they also stopped making albums and disappeared although I got to hear them of touring here and there.

Now it caught me by surprise to learn from Amazon about this album. And here it is. No metal. It's all rock 'n' roll. It would be far more better if it came out under the name Cinderella. I would enjoy more that way, honestly. But it doesn't matter. Good music is good music. The opener 'Solid Ground' is kinda The More Things Change. After the intro riffs when Tom screams 'Yeah!', I was like that's Cinderella, man! Had goose bumps. After all he went through vocal cord problem, Tom's voice still sounds like he used to.

The standard CD has 10 paged booklet with all the lyrics and production info. Savannah Snow Keifer, Tom's wife, co-writes and co-produces the album. I could find Heartbreak Station in 'A Different Light' and 'Ask Me Yesterday'. 'Thick And Thin' is piano ballad reminds me of Don't Know What You Got. More of The More Things Changed are all throughout 'It's Not Enough', 'Cold Day In Hell', 'Mood Elevator', 'Babylon'. The Way Life Goes is more like Heartbreak Station in my opinion. I won't be wrong to say I'm listening to Cinderella actually. You like Cinderella, this got to be the album for you.

Enjoy music!
Rock 'N' Roll
\,,/,

5.0 out of 5 stars Back with a vengeance!, 1 May 2013
This review is from: The Way Life Goes (Audio CD)
To say I've been looking forward to this album is something of an understatement.It seems to have been forever in the making, but boy has it been worth the wait! From start to finish this album grabs the attention through great songs and fantastic playing. The range of styles on show here mean the album doesn't get boring through it's 14 tracks as it is so varied from Cinderella style rockers, to country style rock, big ballads, it's all here delivered with a real passion,it really feels like this is Tom coming out the other side after his vocal problems. I cannot recommend this album highly enough for fans of traditional rock and blues, I think country fans may get something out of it too. Hopefully the good reviews this album is getting, will encourage Tom to deliver a new Cinderella album in due course as well!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!!!, 11 Jun 2013
This review is from: The Way Life Goes (Audio CD)
Long awaited!!! This is a musical masterpiece! For people that understand what real music is about; not a bad song on this album! Would highly recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 29 Aug 2013
This review is from: The Way Life Goes (Audio CD)
One of the best albums I have heard this year ,been a big Cinderella fan for years.
But Tom Keifer voice is the best I have heard it ,it's a very good rock album a must for rock fans.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it, 4 July 2013
This review is from: The Way Life Goes (Audio CD)
you don't lose this jewel of the rock: inspired, warmth and sexy. Tom is a star, would want to see it live in Italy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yep Tom Keifer nails it!, 3 July 2013
This review is from: The Way Life Goes (Audio CD)
Massive fan of Cinderella...this is a very good album indeed! His voice has matured a lot over the years...gei it now!

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what you want it to be....., 2 May 2013
D J BERRYMAN (Birmingham, West Mids United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Way Life Goes (Audio CD)
If you liked Cinderella and Tom's voice then there is nothing not to like here. Brilliant vocals as per usual and a album full of great Rock, Blues and Ballads - pretty much exactly what he excels at. Its been a long cold winter Tom but it looks like you have finally come home with this one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Will not disappoint!, 1 July 2014
This review is from: The Way Life Goes (Audio CD)
If you loved Cinderella, you're gonna love this. It's not been out of my car since I bought it! There is a real mix of songs on here from rock to blues to ballads. Very talented musician/lyricist all round and Tom Keifer has still got it. He's like a fine wine.....improved with age!

4.0 out of 5 stars Classic rock, 16 May 2014
This review is from: Way Life Goes [VINYL] (Vinyl)
Not quite the rasping voice I remember from Cinderella but a nice rock album. The vinyl also comes with the cd packaged within so it's good value there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tom Keifer finally makes it to the Ball!, 30 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Way Life Goes (Audio CD)
Cinderella were one of my favourite bands back in the 80s. Loud guitar rock mixed with a bit of the blues, "Gypsy Road" was and still is one of my all time favourite songs.
With "The Way Life Goes," Tom returns from a long hiatus in the Rock'n'Roll wilderness. His voice has changed slightly over the years, partly due I believe to the surgery on his throat he had a while back??? But the album brings back some fond memories and as a fan of his previous band I can only hope that any success with this release will tempt the other members to reunite with Tom and release a new Cinderella album in the future.
This will be playing in my car for quite a while. Buy it, try it and you might just love as I do!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›