5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Solution
Published 11 months ago by MEL-B

1.0 out of 5 stars WARNING TO EVERYONE!
WARNING TO EVERYONE!

I really like the headphone and I only used it few times, until recently when the control pad stopped working. I also notice that when I plugged it in my cell phone, I hear this pulsating noise and no sound coming out. I tried contacting the person to have it replace, so far no respond. It has been two weeks now.

I wonder if this...
Published 4 months ago by ripcurl

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Solution, 20 April 2014
This review is from: Bose ® SIE2i Sport Headphones - Blue (Electronics)
I have tried many headphones for running and gym use, using various neckband types (Sens and Phillips) for the last few years as I wanted to avoid the earbud types falling out and coming lose as sweat mounts up in my ears. Despite the price, the Bose brand has always been the brand to aspire to and good reviews of this product led me to take the chance and splash out. I have waited a couple of months to put these through their paces before posting this review, but now feel its time to give them the acclaim they deserve.

I am a very heavy ear sweater, and my ears pool with sweat early in to a run or CV workout, normally rendering ingress in to phone drivers which either leads to reduced sound or eventually swamping and failure of the earpiece. Even when this hasn't happened, eventually the sweat ingress has led to rusting and eventual failure of the earpiece. Not so, so far with these. Not once has there been a 'swamping' event that has led to this phenomena.

From a comfort point of view, I cannot feel these in my ear at all, and they just do not move or dislodge through my workout, running or any other activity. When I first received them I thought that the seemingly flimsy silicon prongs would not hold the buds in place, but they are so good you don't notice them at all - other than they just dont move even through the jolting of my heavy weight running. This means that you can get on with your work out and actually really enjoy the music being delivered to yuor ears.

Sound wise I think they are the best I have listened to - and I suppose at the price they should be. Good level of bass, and clear right across the range. Excellent volume and no distortion even when pushed up to the top. I use them for everyday listening in all situations. The comfort being just amazing - even for long periods.

So - overall - they are a luxury purchase at this price, but I think completely provide the optimum solution for someone who suffers from excessively sweaty ears during workouts and who is seeking a secure individual earbud solution over a neckband. The combination of sound quality and ulitmate comfort are truly deserving of a 5 star review. If you can afford to buy these then do so - you will not regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars great headphones, 10 Nov. 2012
M.C "M.C" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The sound quality is excellent; it's more or less the same as on the Bose MIE2i which are the standard non sport version. I thought that the sound quality would be slightly worse on these, but that's not the case here.

They don't fall out of your ears due to stayhear tips just like the mie2i's. No matter how hard I tried, they just would not fall out; you really have to pull on the cable for these to come out.

The cable isn't the longest, due to the fact that you should use these for running/gym etc; so it won't reach your trousers pocket. There is a small extension which you can use, but I found the cable to be long enough on its own.

The pouch is well made, the iPhone fits well and it's not moving around inside. The pouch should work with any phone which has a similar design to the iPhone, any wider than that and it will not fit. (all controls on the headphones will also not work with non-iPhone phones). I have not tested it out with the iPhone 5, but I can tell you right now that it'll be sticking out a little bit, as there's just enough space for the iPhone 4/s.

Overall these are great and offer excellent sound quality. If you're running a lot, give them a try.

4.0 out of 5 stars good quality construction and sound, 20 Oct. 2012
70s "arrow" (uk) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have some wonderful noise reducing earphones that I have used for a few years now, but they do need new ear pieces and filters whch are expensive. So, i thought I would try these after auditioning some Bose headphones. I dont like using earphones whilst running, etc as I like to be aware of my surroundings, but I like the sound of Bose stuff. The sound is rather on the bass heavier side than my other eaarphones, but pleasantly so. The only area where there are maybe a little lacking in is in the treble volume, which is a little subdued. Apart from that, good sounding well built attractive earphones with a nice dare I say it analogue sound.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hard wearing, non-slip, good sound quality., 20 Oct. 2012
JK "J. K." (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Great sound quality and ear buds that don't fall out no matter how hard I'm working. There are times when I pull on the cable and still don't lose the buds.

The cable is a bit of a problem. It's quite short. There is an short extension cable included but even at full stretch it's not long. If you want to put your iphone etc., in your shorts/trouser pocket you might struggle. If you wear the pouch fastened at the top of your arm then then reach from pouch to ears is good even without the extension.

The pouch is well made and certainly doesn't slip around. There's a small pocket for keys etc., and a plastic, see through pocket for your music device/phone. Not the biggest but big enough for an Ipod Nano. The headphones won't work with my Samsung phone but I have no problem with any other Apple devices.

These are overall the best headphones I've owned and I've been using them continually for more than eighteen months.

I'm happy to recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Superb headphones, 30 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Bose ® SIE2i Sport Headphones - Blue (Electronics)
Do not move at all when jogging (which is rare for me). Superb generally and great quality sound.

Only shame is that the microphone does not work with the blackberry....

5.0 out of 5 stars At last, sports earphones that stay put, 11 Aug. 2013
You'll gather that I've struggled for some time to find a set of these that stay in the ear during exercise. Remarkably these do the job fantastically well without feeling uncomfortable during or after - the different size tips are terrific when it comes to fit. I am a big fan of Bose sound quality and was pleased to find these earphones are up to their usual high standard.

Other reviewers' comments about these not being sweat-proof and failing under normal wear and tear make me a little anxious but so far (6 months moderate use) I have not experienced the same issues.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 21 April 2014
I've own many pairs of sports ear phones however, the SIE2I are leagues above the rest. Sound quality comfort are second to non. I highly recommend this product.

1.0 out of 5 stars WARNING TO EVERYONE!, 27 Nov. 2014
WARNING TO EVERYONE!

I wonder if this headphone was already faulty when sold to me.

2.0 out of 5 stars to be fair the sound quality is amazing but it's definately not sweat proof, 22 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Bose ® SIE2i Sport Headphones - Blue (Electronics)
to be fair the sound quality is amazing but it's definately not sweat proof. I used it for exercise and had to return three times (within a period of two months) for a replacement and finally returned for full refund cos exceeded the number of returns!!! The volume control button can't even stand a week of workout sweats, useless technology! (Need to make big improvement please)

5.0 out of 5 stars Witchcraft!, 9 Aug. 2014
They sound great, they are super comfortable, even all day, and Bose have somehow managed to create some sort of physics bending cable that never tangles up, at least for me, and it doesn't matter what happens. I can just quickly shove that into my pocket, or my bag and the cable will always easily unravel as soon as I want to use them.