5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Solution
Published 4 months ago by MEL-B

2.0 out of 5 stars Faulty after 14 months.
Brought 14 months ago and the function buttons are not working correctly. Very disappointed for the price I paid.
Published 2 months ago by del

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Solution, 20 April 2014
This review is from: Bose SIE2i Sport Headphones - Blue (Electronics)
I have tried many headphones for running and gym use, using various neckband types (Sens and Phillips) for the last few years as I wanted to avoid the earbud types falling out and coming lose as sweat mounts up in my ears. Despite the price, the Bose brand has always been the brand to aspire to and good reviews of this product led me to take the chance and splash out. I have waited a couple of months to put these through their paces before posting this review, but now feel its time to give them the acclaim they deserve.

I am a very heavy ear sweater, and my ears pool with sweat early in to a run or CV workout, normally rendering ingress in to phone drivers which either leads to reduced sound or eventually swamping and failure of the earpiece. Even when this hasn't happened, eventually the sweat ingress has led to rusting and eventual failure of the earpiece. Not so, so far with these. Not once has there been a 'swamping' event that has led to this phenomena.

From a comfort point of view, I cannot feel these in my ear at all, and they just do not move or dislodge through my workout, running or any other activity. When I first received them I thought that the seemingly flimsy silicon prongs would not hold the buds in place, but they are so good you don't notice them at all - other than they just dont move even through the jolting of my heavy weight running. This means that you can get on with your work out and actually really enjoy the music being delivered to yuor ears.

Sound wise I think they are the best I have listened to - and I suppose at the price they should be. Good level of bass, and clear right across the range. Excellent volume and no distortion even when pushed up to the top. I use them for everyday listening in all situations. The comfort being just amazing - even for long periods.

So - overall - they are a luxury purchase at this price, but I think completely provide the optimum solution for someone who suffers from excessively sweaty ears during workouts and who is seeking a secure individual earbud solution over a neckband. The combination of sound quality and ulitmate comfort are truly deserving of a 5 star review. If you can afford to buy these then do so - you will not regret it.

4.0 out of 5 stars good quality construction and sound, 20 Oct 2012
70s "arrow" (uk) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have some wonderful noise reducing earphones that I have used for a few years now, but they do need new ear pieces and filters whch are expensive. So, i thought I would try these after auditioning some Bose headphones. I dont like using earphones whilst running, etc as I like to be aware of my surroundings, but I like the sound of Bose stuff. The sound is rather on the bass heavier side than my other eaarphones, but pleasantly so. The only area where there are maybe a little lacking in is in the treble volume, which is a little subdued. Apart from that, good sounding well built attractive earphones with a nice dare I say it analogue sound.

5.0 out of 5 stars great headphones, 10 Nov 2012
M. Chrobot "M. Chrobot" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The sound quality is excellent; it's more or less the same as on the Bose MIE2i which are the standard non sport version. I thought that the sound quality would be slightly worse on these, but that's not the case here.

They don't fall out of your ears due to stayhear tips just like the mie2i's. No matter how hard I tried, they just would not fall out; you really have to pull on the cable for these to come out.

The cable isn't the longest, due to the fact that you should use these for running/gym etc; so it won't reach your trousers pocket. There is a small extension which you can use, but I found the cable to be long enough on its own.

The pouch is well made, the iPhone fits well and it's not moving around inside. The pouch should work with any phone which has a similar design to the iPhone, any wider than that and it will not fit. (all controls on the headphones will also not work with non-iPhone phones). I have not tested it out with the iPhone 5, but I can tell you right now that it'll be sticking out a little bit, as there's just enough space for the iPhone 4/s.

Overall these are great and offer excellent sound quality. If you're running a lot, give them a try.

4.0 out of 5 stars Superb headphones, 30 Jun 2014
This review is from: Bose SIE2i Sport Headphones - Blue (Electronics)
Do not move at all when jogging (which is rare for me). Superb generally and great quality sound.

Only shame is that the microphone does not work with the blackberry....

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 21 April 2014
I've own many pairs of sports ear phones however, the SIE2I are leagues above the rest. Sound quality comfort are second to non. I highly recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Witchcraft!, 9 Aug 2014
They sound great, they are super comfortable, even all day, and Bose have somehow managed to create some sort of physics bending cable that never tangles up, at least for me, and it doesn't matter what happens. I can just quickly shove that into my pocket, or my bag and the cable will always easily unravel as soon as I want to use them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 11 July 2014
perfect fit. unbelievably stable.

2.0 out of 5 stars Faulty after 14 months., 2 July 2014

2.0 out of 5 stars decent enough, but not worth the price tag (4 to 5 times the price of alternative gym headphones), 30 Jun 2014
P. Lynch - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bose SIE2i Sport Headphones - Blue (Electronics)
I did not buy these on amazon (I got them at an airport shop). However, I thought that this review would be useful for somebody else. I bought them on the spur of the moment while waiting for my flight. Not my usual purchasing strategy but thought that I didn't need to review Bose headphones... I usually review, then re-review, then review before purchasing anything of any "significant" cost.

Headphones are decent, audio is fine, very comfortable to wear.

Doesn't appear to be "Made for ipod" any more than it's made for my android phone in that the "Pause/ Play" button works, but the volume one's don't.

As I say - they're fine, but there are many other headphones out there that work as well (if not better) for more than half the price. I've used another leading brand for years that actually cost around 25 and I don't really notice the difference between the Bose and those other ones... except in the cost.

4.0 out of 5 stars One happy boyfriend, 17 Jan 2014
Very very expensive but other half says they are really good sounding and really clear. He wears them for running

Bose  SIE2i Sport Headphones - Blue
129.95
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available