5.0 out of 5 stars Nice colour, great cover
After having had a bad experience with a fake s view cover for my S4, I decided to ensure I got the real deal and purchased from Amazon and not a seller.
The difference in quality is amazing, much nicer cover, you can feel the quality.
I love the s view screen and it is great that Samsung have put a solid screen in as opposed to an empty space as found on...
Published 16 months ago by Mr Wiltshire

1.0 out of 5 stars Amazon themselves are flogging these counterfeit cases
Having received one of these fake cases, I contacted Amazon to request a full refund. They asked me to explain why I believed the case to be counterfeit. I believe my observation may be helpful to other buyers trying asses the legitimacy of their purchase, so I am providing a copy of my response to Amazon below.

-----

I believe this to a counterfeit...
Published 15 months ago by gopalmer

1.0 out of 5 stars Amazon themselves are flogging these counterfeit cases, 20 Aug 2013

-----

I believe this to a counterfeit product for the following reasons:

1. I have the black version of the case already and this orange case is of much lower quality.
2. The cardboard packaging is off-white in colour and is printed poorly - like from a low quality scan.
3. The tabs holding the cardboard packaging closed appear to be sellotape, not the round sticky tabs one would expect.
4. the plastic bag holding the cardboard paging is badly sellotaped closed.
5. The moulded plastic tray holding the product within the cardboard packaging is badly crumpled and too large for the packaging.
6. The case itself contains a badly cut piece of polystyrene. The real product contains a piece roughly the same dimensionless of the actual phone.
7. The front of the case has an inconsistent criss-cross pattern, not the horizontal brushed effect on the advertised product or the real case.
8. The case is of poor fit and does not close properly when attached to the phone.
9. The speaker hole doesn't line up with the phone speaker and is poorly cut-out.
10. The window has a sticky residue around it's edge.
11. The plastic back of the case looks to have been slightly melted on the inside.
12. The Samsung branding on the back of the case is not straight and appears to be slightly worn.

I am appalled that Amazon are selling these counterfeit cases. I had seen reviews for this product on the Amazon.co.uk website stating that these cases were fake, but had convinced myself that those reviewers must have purchased from marketplace sellers, and that, as I was purchasing from Amazon directly, I was assured of a legitimate product.

The issues with this product should not be new to Amazon. Why this product has not been pulled from sale is incomprehensible. I have been a loyal Amazon customer for quite some time, but this has really damaged my trust in Amazon. I believe Amazon need to make a public apology and offer refund to all those affected, as many may not even be aware they have received a counterfeit product.

2.0 out of 5 stars So, it does kind of work, but not the quality you'd expect, 27 Jun 2013
So, this is made by samsung, for their flagship phone, and retails at £45 ish. I thought this was going to be a really good little case. I was kind of wrong.

Pros:
The window is a bit of perspex, so you can happily put it in your pocket with your keys and they won't scratch the screen.
The phone knows when the cover is closed and changes the display so when the phone rings the caller shows up in the window.

Cons:
Replaces the back, so you can't have this and the wireless charging back at the same time.
If you have the case open for a while (e.g. folded back on itself while playing a game) it takes a while before it will sit closed properly.
It covers the movement sensor, meaning that my favourite feature (where you can wave your hand over it to light it up and show your missed calls etc) no longer works.
It replaces the back with one which is slightly sturdier, but doesn't look anywhere near as nice and polished as the original did.
It doesn't have the quality feel of the rest of the phone, the cover is a kind of synthetic fabric material. It isn't cut that neatly or finished that nicely.
Cover doesn't stay closed (no magnets like in the apple equivalents) so if you dump it in your bag and expect the screen to stay protected then sometimes the cover may flap open.

Edit: removed another star as the area under the window is starting to get scratched. I think little bits of dirt get trapped between the plastic window and your screen, and then the cover moves around in your pocket, scratching the screen.

1.0 out of 5 stars awful, 29 Sep 2013
I'm sure the authentic Samsung product is a great product, however that was not what I received. I was sent a badly made very cheap counterfeit.

Fortunately Amazon refunded me
Would have liked to give a zero start review.

1.0 out of 5 stars Fake, A rip off, 13 Aug 2013
This product is not the real cover. It will not make your S4 screen go to S View like the nice little picture suggests. A real rip off!!

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY THIS!, 6 July 2013
Have literally just received this. On opening the package, I was shocked. I've never seen such a cheap and nasty looking phone cover. Even the plastic view panel is scratched. It looks second hand! Awful.

Intend to return this for a refund straight away.

Do NOT be tempted to buy this!

1.0 out of 5 stars Fake, 16 Oct 2013
Awful - fake product - threw it straight in the bin.

Went for this AMAZING product instead: SPIGEN SGP Samsung Galaxy S4 Case Protective Slim Armor White with S View Window / S View Cover Flip Cover Protection for Galaxy S IV Galaxy SIV i9500

1.0 out of 5 stars Counterfeit item., 18 April 2014
I should have read the feedback or product review before buying the item. I thought the price was low, but when you have many items in stock and claiming the item is made by samsung then I assumed that it was the real deal...

Silly me!

The box looks like the real deal, but if you look on the side you see the spacing has gone all 'fortune-cookie' - the real gold is the instruction manual - proper gibberish. The cover has strange lumps in it and the window goes all askew. Also, the colour is not white but a dirty white. Lastly the Samsung logo is not raised...

So in the hope of being clear and preventing someone from making the same mistake I did, don't buy this product. Unless you want a poor imitation of the real deal.

It's a shame that Amazon allows these to be sold - it is quite clear that this has been a problem for a while. You would think they would quit selling this junk - isn't it illegal to deal in dodgy counterfeit stuff?

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality counterfeit cover, 31 July 2013
This is a poor quality counterfeit cover that does not fit property. I realise that the price is cheap but no where does it state that the item is a copy. The cover also split when I removed it from my phone

1.0 out of 5 stars its fake,,,, pay more and get origional one., 14 Jun 2013
i bought this case for 8 pound some thing and i went to samsung offical store, they comfirmed it fake and i am so silly , i should understand why its £8 here and in shop its 30£ over, waste of time and money, very cheap looking copy , i will recommed to all buyers, please pay little more and buy from amazon directly...

1.0 out of 5 stars Same Experience as Previous Reviews, 15 Oct 2013
Ed (London, England) - See all my reviews
As with most reviewers I noticed the extreme poor quality as soon as I opened the package but mine was not only counterfeit it was also second hand and had make-up marks all over it and was damaged. They even went as far as to put new protective plastic on the back of the cover but somehow forgot to clean it first as there was hair and bits of dirt stuck underneath.

I don't usually write reviews, good or bad but this cover and company selling it needs to be avoided. I did get a refund after opening a case with Amazon so sort of happy ending I guess.

I put some photo's up in the customer images section so hopefully they will appear soon so you can have a look at the not so " Premium" Samsung S View Cover I received.

Samsung S View Cover for Galaxy S4 - Lime