5.0 out of 5 stars Nice colour, great cover
After having had a bad experience with a fake s view cover for my S4, I decided to ensure I got the real deal and purchased from Amazon and not a seller.
The difference in quality is amazing, much nicer cover, you can feel the quality.
Published 24 months ago by Mr Wiltshire

1.0 out of 5 stars Amazon themselves are flogging these counterfeit cases
Having received one of these fake cases, I contacted Amazon to request a full refund. They asked me to explain why I believed the case to be counterfeit. I believe my observation may be helpful to other buyers trying asses the legitimacy of their purchase, so I am providing a copy of my response to Amazon below.

-----

I believe this to a counterfeit...
Published 22 months ago by PiranhaGeorge

1.0 out of 5 stars Amazon themselves are flogging these counterfeit cases, 20 Aug. 2013

-----

I believe this to a counterfeit product for the following reasons:

1. I have the black version of the case already and this orange case is of much lower quality.
2. The cardboard packaging is off-white in colour and is printed poorly - like from a low quality scan.
3. The tabs holding the cardboard packaging closed appear to be sellotape, not the round sticky tabs one would expect.
4. the plastic bag holding the cardboard paging is badly sellotaped closed.
5. The moulded plastic tray holding the product within the cardboard packaging is badly crumpled and too large for the packaging.
6. The case itself contains a badly cut piece of polystyrene. The real product contains a piece roughly the same dimensionless of the actual phone.
7. The front of the case has an inconsistent criss-cross pattern, not the horizontal brushed effect on the advertised product or the real case.
8. The case is of poor fit and does not close properly when attached to the phone.
9. The speaker hole doesn't line up with the phone speaker and is poorly cut-out.
10. The window has a sticky residue around it's edge.
11. The plastic back of the case looks to have been slightly melted on the inside.
12. The Samsung branding on the back of the case is not straight and appears to be slightly worn.

I am appalled that Amazon are selling these counterfeit cases. I had seen reviews for this product on the Amazon.co.uk website stating that these cases were fake, but had convinced myself that those reviewers must have purchased from marketplace sellers, and that, as I was purchasing from Amazon directly, I was assured of a legitimate product.

The issues with this product should not be new to Amazon. Why this product has not been pulled from sale is incomprehensible. I have been a loyal Amazon customer for quite some time, but this has really damaged my trust in Amazon. I believe Amazon need to make a public apology and offer refund to all those affected, as many may not even be aware they have received a counterfeit product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Counterfeit and Illegal Product!, 16 Dec. 2013
I bought this product beleiving it would be the official Samsung Galaxy S4 mini S View case. I paid £14 thinking that this would be the real thing (seeing as all of the reported fake ones were being sold for as low as £2.50!). The seller makes it clear that it is a genuine case and that it is made from high quality materials. I can 100% confirm that it is not a genuine case and that it is made very poorly. The product arrived in Samsung branded packaging but had errors all over it, including translation mistakes, poor printing and a poorly fixed plastic window. I have listed all of the faults with the product below:

OUTER PACKAGING
-Illegal use of the Samsung brand and logo
-No trademarks
-Translation errors

INNER PACKAGING
-Unsealed plastic bag
-Vacuum form that is too big for the case
-Product 'window' loose

PRODUCT
-Peel off labels had spelling mistakes
-Incorrect colour backplate (too dark, no silver crosshatching)
-Backplate 'texture' inconsistent across the case
-Samsung logo printed off centre
-Samsung logo printed in poor quality ink instead of metalic and embossed
-Speaker grille missing the dust filter
-Plastic inside the backplate is of inconsistent thickness
-Model numbers formed into plastic are in the wrong order
-Does not clip fully onto the back of the phone
-Backplate magnet strip positioned incrorectly
-Front cover does not fit flush with the phone
-'Galaxy S4 mini' branding is poorly printed
-Cutout window has a plastic insert that does not enable the user to swipe the screen
-Earpiece hole does not align with the one on the phone
-Plastic edges on the front cover are poorly cut and have burrs
-Front cover texture is inconsistent and uneven

And to top this off, the actual function of the S View mode on the phone is erratic and only works about 50% of the time.

I strongly suggest you do not buy this product as it is a clear fake and illegally uses the Samsung branding to fool customers.

I have filed a report that has been sent to the seller and to Amazon for their review. As it appears there are so many disapointed customers out there, Amazon should take action and prevent the further sale of these counterfeit items.

2.0 out of 5 stars So, it does kind of work, but not the quality you'd expect, 27 Jun. 2013
So, this is made by samsung, for their flagship phone, and retails at £45 ish. I thought this was going to be a really good little case. I was kind of wrong.

Pros:
The window is a bit of perspex, so you can happily put it in your pocket with your keys and they won't scratch the screen.
The phone knows when the cover is closed and changes the display so when the phone rings the caller shows up in the window.

Cons:
Replaces the back, so you can't have this and the wireless charging back at the same time.
If you have the case open for a while (e.g. folded back on itself while playing a game) it takes a while before it will sit closed properly.
It covers the movement sensor, meaning that my favourite feature (where you can wave your hand over it to light it up and show your missed calls etc) no longer works.
It replaces the back with one which is slightly sturdier, but doesn't look anywhere near as nice and polished as the original did.
It doesn't have the quality feel of the rest of the phone, the cover is a kind of synthetic fabric material. It isn't cut that neatly or finished that nicely.
Cover doesn't stay closed (no magnets like in the apple equivalents) so if you dump it in your bag and expect the screen to stay protected then sometimes the cover may flap open.

Edit: removed another star as the area under the window is starting to get scratched. I think little bits of dirt get trapped between the plastic window and your screen, and then the cover moves around in your pocket, scratching the screen.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality counterfeit cover, 31 July 2013
This is a poor quality counterfeit cover that does not fit property. I realise that the price is cheap but no where does it state that the item is a copy. The cover also split when I removed it from my phone

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor design for an Official Samsung Case, 23 April 2014
S Sims - See all my reviews
I purchased this case thinking that it would be similar to the official Samsung Galaxy S4 Case that I used on my S4. Sadly not. The case is thick and bulky unlike the S4 case. Also, as mentioned in another review, it does not stay closed since there is no magnetic pull keeping it physically closed (although there is a sensor on the case to detect when it is physically closed). In practice this means that the S5 phone flicks between thinking its open and closed frequently.

The SView screen is larger for the S5 case meaning that you can use it to take photos as well as answering the phone. It is limited however to taking a single photo and cannot be used to shoot Video.

1.0 out of 5 stars BEWARE! Do not buy from other sellers!, 28 Sept. 2013
I bought one of these in pink from a seller who was being fulfilled by Amazon, thinking "well if it has to go through their warehouse they won't allow fakes". This is not the case.
Nothing was up to standard, the holes didn't line up, the Samsung name on the back wasn't straight and it just didn't feel right.
Amazon have refunded me and seem to have taken the pink one off from gogodealz2013 however they are still selling their other colours.

1.0 out of 5 stars FAKE - STAY AWAY, 29 Sept. 2013
This item is a fake and a poor one at that. After trying to contact the seller to try and get a refund about 4 times and not hearing anything I had to get Amazon involved. wish I had read more of the reviews and I wouldn't have wasted my time. THIS ITEM IS COUNTERFEIT!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Does not protect your phone., 30 Nov. 2014
Nice case, but it keeps opening as it doesn't have secure magnet clasp. As my phone already had one accident when it fell open from "secure waterproof" case, I'm getting cheap one that locks properly instead.
Having an S view window is great, but not worth risking your smartphone.

1.0 out of 5 stars The worst case you could possibly buy for your S5, 18 July 2014
I. Ioannis (Cyprus) - See all my reviews
This is the worst case you could possibly buy for your S5. Below is my list of Pros and Cons:
Pros:
- Nice feel
- S-view is nice
Cons:
- Expensive (I bought it for 38 GBP)
- Stays open most of the time since it does not have a magnet
- S-View causes the phone sometimes to become unresponsive
- The case takes over some of the pins for wireless charging so you cannot use 3rd party charging stickers. This means that if you want wireless charging you should buy the original s-view Samsung case with wireless charging.
- Most important of all: The case claims to be IP67 water and dust resistant but it offers no protection to your phone. In fact, exactly the opposite. If your phone falls down to the floor, the case breaks of the phone and your phone and battery fly across the room!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice colour, great cover, 16 July 2013
Mr Wiltshire "jediwilt" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I love the s view screen and it is great that Samsung have put a solid screen in as opposed to an empty space as found on fakes.
The purple colour is a lighter shade than I thought, but it is a really pleasant grape colour.
The front cover is weighty enough that it stays closed and not slightly ajar lifting itself into the air. If this is happening to you chances are you have a fake one.
I am very glad I went for a guaranteed original cover, the difference is mega and it's worth it.