5.0 out of 5 stars Nice colour, great cover
After having had a bad experience with a fake s view cover for my S4, I decided to ensure I got the real deal and purchased from Amazon and not a seller.
The difference in quality is amazing, much nicer cover, you can feel the quality.
Published 21 months ago by Mr Wiltshire

1.0 out of 5 stars Amazon themselves are flogging these counterfeit cases
Having received one of these fake cases, I contacted Amazon to request a full refund. They asked me to explain why I believed the case to be counterfeit. I believe my observation may be helpful to other buyers trying asses the legitimacy of their purchase, so I am providing a copy of my response to Amazon below.

-----

I believe this to a counterfeit...
Published 20 months ago by gopalmer

1.0 out of 5 stars Amazon themselves are flogging these counterfeit cases, 20 Aug. 2013

-----

I believe this to a counterfeit product for the following reasons:

1. I have the black version of the case already and this orange case is of much lower quality.
2. The cardboard packaging is off-white in colour and is printed poorly - like from a low quality scan.
3. The tabs holding the cardboard packaging closed appear to be sellotape, not the round sticky tabs one would expect.
4. the plastic bag holding the cardboard paging is badly sellotaped closed.
5. The moulded plastic tray holding the product within the cardboard packaging is badly crumpled and too large for the packaging.
6. The case itself contains a badly cut piece of polystyrene. The real product contains a piece roughly the same dimensionless of the actual phone.
7. The front of the case has an inconsistent criss-cross pattern, not the horizontal brushed effect on the advertised product or the real case.
8. The case is of poor fit and does not close properly when attached to the phone.
9. The speaker hole doesn't line up with the phone speaker and is poorly cut-out.
10. The window has a sticky residue around it's edge.
11. The plastic back of the case looks to have been slightly melted on the inside.
12. The Samsung branding on the back of the case is not straight and appears to be slightly worn.

I am appalled that Amazon are selling these counterfeit cases. I had seen reviews for this product on the Amazon.co.uk website stating that these cases were fake, but had convinced myself that those reviewers must have purchased from marketplace sellers, and that, as I was purchasing from Amazon directly, I was assured of a legitimate product.

The issues with this product should not be new to Amazon. Why this product has not been pulled from sale is incomprehensible. I have been a loyal Amazon customer for quite some time, but this has really damaged my trust in Amazon. I believe Amazon need to make a public apology and offer refund to all those affected, as many may not even be aware they have received a counterfeit product.

2.0 out of 5 stars So, it does kind of work, but not the quality you'd expect, 27 Jun. 2013
So, this is made by samsung, for their flagship phone, and retails at £45 ish. I thought this was going to be a really good little case. I was kind of wrong.

Pros:
The window is a bit of perspex, so you can happily put it in your pocket with your keys and they won't scratch the screen.
The phone knows when the cover is closed and changes the display so when the phone rings the caller shows up in the window.

Cons:
Replaces the back, so you can't have this and the wireless charging back at the same time.
If you have the case open for a while (e.g. folded back on itself while playing a game) it takes a while before it will sit closed properly.
It covers the movement sensor, meaning that my favourite feature (where you can wave your hand over it to light it up and show your missed calls etc) no longer works.
It replaces the back with one which is slightly sturdier, but doesn't look anywhere near as nice and polished as the original did.
It doesn't have the quality feel of the rest of the phone, the cover is a kind of synthetic fabric material. It isn't cut that neatly or finished that nicely.
Cover doesn't stay closed (no magnets like in the apple equivalents) so if you dump it in your bag and expect the screen to stay protected then sometimes the cover may flap open.

Edit: removed another star as the area under the window is starting to get scratched. I think little bits of dirt get trapped between the plastic window and your screen, and then the cover moves around in your pocket, scratching the screen.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality counterfeit cover, 31 July 2013
This is a poor quality counterfeit cover that does not fit property. I realise that the price is cheap but no where does it state that the item is a copy. The cover also split when I removed it from my phone

1.0 out of 5 stars FAKE- How can Amazon sell this?, 25 Jan. 2014
Tarun R. Nagpal (London) - See all my reviews
I am generally very confident buying things on Amazon- for one thing, Amazon does no sell fake items.

However, this product is a FAKE. Cheap quality,it is not leather, the transparent part if not touch sensitive.

Comes in a chaply printed Samsung note 3 box. My phone (Note 3) didn't even fit properly.

DO NOT BUY THIS .

I am so disappointed with Amazon- agree its a third party seller- but how can amazon allow fake product sellers on its site? Does it not have a proper process to vet the sellers?

1.0 out of 5 stars FAKE - STAY AWAY, 29 Sept. 2013
This item is a fake and a poor one at that. After trying to contact the seller to try and get a refund about 4 times and not hearing anything I had to get Amazon involved. wish I had read more of the reviews and I wouldn't have wasted my time. THIS ITEM IS COUNTERFEIT!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars BEWARE! Do not buy from other sellers!, 28 Sept. 2013
I bought one of these in pink from a seller who was being fulfilled by Amazon, thinking "well if it has to go through their warehouse they won't allow fakes". This is not the case.
Nothing was up to standard, the holes didn't line up, the Samsung name on the back wasn't straight and it just didn't feel right.
Amazon have refunded me and seem to have taken the pink one off from gogodealz2013 however they are still selling their other colours.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice colour, great cover, 16 July 2013
Mr Wiltshire "jediwilt" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I love the s view screen and it is great that Samsung have put a solid screen in as opposed to an empty space as found on fakes.
The purple colour is a lighter shade than I thought, but it is a really pleasant grape colour.
The front cover is weighty enough that it stays closed and not slightly ajar lifting itself into the air. If this is happening to you chances are you have a fake one.
I am very glad I went for a guaranteed original cover, the difference is mega and it's worth it.

1.0 out of 5 stars COVER WON'T CLOSE and in the space of a week, the price dropped from the £15.99 I spent to £9.95, 24 Aug. 2013
I expected that the most basic thing this cover could do was actually cover my screen. No matter what I do, the cover flaps around like a wing and even worse was what I spent for it. This product feels like a con considering the price dropped after I bought this FAKE SAMSUNG cover.

1.0 out of 5 stars No good for my phone, 21 Jan. 2014
Had to give this one star to be able to comment. This does not fit the Galaxy S4 no matter how hard you try to make it. Complained and was sent a replacement which definitely does not fit as replacement is for an S3 (which I do not have) and not anS4 as ordered.

1.0 out of 5 stars So close, but no cigar, 26 Nov. 2013
z borbas (Chester, UK) - See all my reviews
Length:: 1:04 Mins

It works as intended, EXCEPT one major flaw: as you can see on the video when you fold the front cover all the way to the back the sensor recognizes as if it were closed, hence put the small s-view window on the screen.
You cannot use the phone at all, unless you keep the cover open as a book, so one handed operation is out of question. This particular item maybe faulty, or I cannot exclude that it is not genuine Samsung. It goes back to the seller.
UPDATE: the seller ( TAURUS )O ) was truly professional and gave me a full refund, without having sent back the faulty item. 5 star for the seller!