5.0 out of 5 stars Essential for the A5
I couldn't be more pleased with this cover. I am a little bit 'precious' with my mobiles and like them to remain in the same condition as the day I got them, hence buying a genuine product. This is the 3rd Samsung I have owned and the 3rd genuine cover. I've not been disappointed with any of them and this one certainly is of the same standard.

Fits perfectly...
Published 1 month ago by M. G. Chisholm

1.0 out of 5 stars Amazon themselves are flogging these counterfeit cases
Having received one of these fake cases, I contacted Amazon to request a full refund. They asked me to explain why I believed the case to be counterfeit. I believe my observation may be helpful to other buyers trying asses the legitimacy of their purchase, so I am providing a copy of my response to Amazon below.

-----

I believe this to a counterfeit...
Published 21 months ago by gopalmer

1.0 out of 5 stars Amazon themselves are flogging these counterfeit cases, 20 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Samsung S-View Window Flip Premium Case Cover for Samsung Galaxy S4 - Orange (Wireless Phone Accessory)

-----

I believe this to a counterfeit product for the following reasons:

1. I have the black version of the case already and this orange case is of much lower quality.
2. The cardboard packaging is off-white in colour and is printed poorly - like from a low quality scan.
3. The tabs holding the cardboard packaging closed appear to be sellotape, not the round sticky tabs one would expect.
4. the plastic bag holding the cardboard paging is badly sellotaped closed.
5. The moulded plastic tray holding the product within the cardboard packaging is badly crumpled and too large for the packaging.
6. The case itself contains a badly cut piece of polystyrene. The real product contains a piece roughly the same dimensionless of the actual phone.
7. The front of the case has an inconsistent criss-cross pattern, not the horizontal brushed effect on the advertised product or the real case.
8. The case is of poor fit and does not close properly when attached to the phone.
9. The speaker hole doesn't line up with the phone speaker and is poorly cut-out.
10. The window has a sticky residue around it's edge.
11. The plastic back of the case looks to have been slightly melted on the inside.
12. The Samsung branding on the back of the case is not straight and appears to be slightly worn.

I am appalled that Amazon are selling these counterfeit cases. I had seen reviews for this product on the Amazon.co.uk website stating that these cases were fake, but had convinced myself that those reviewers must have purchased from marketplace sellers, and that, as I was purchasing from Amazon directly, I was assured of a legitimate product.

The issues with this product should not be new to Amazon. Why this product has not been pulled from sale is incomprehensible. I have been a loyal Amazon customer for quite some time, but this has really damaged my trust in Amazon. I believe Amazon need to make a public apology and offer refund to all those affected, as many may not even be aware they have received a counterfeit product.

2.0 out of 5 stars So, it does kind of work, but not the quality you'd expect, 27 Jun. 2013
So, this is made by samsung, for their flagship phone, and retails at £45 ish. I thought this was going to be a really good little case. I was kind of wrong.

Pros:
The window is a bit of perspex, so you can happily put it in your pocket with your keys and they won't scratch the screen.
The phone knows when the cover is closed and changes the display so when the phone rings the caller shows up in the window.

Cons:
Replaces the back, so you can't have this and the wireless charging back at the same time.
If you have the case open for a while (e.g. folded back on itself while playing a game) it takes a while before it will sit closed properly.
It covers the movement sensor, meaning that my favourite feature (where you can wave your hand over it to light it up and show your missed calls etc) no longer works.
It replaces the back with one which is slightly sturdier, but doesn't look anywhere near as nice and polished as the original did.
It doesn't have the quality feel of the rest of the phone, the cover is a kind of synthetic fabric material. It isn't cut that neatly or finished that nicely.
Cover doesn't stay closed (no magnets like in the apple equivalents) so if you dump it in your bag and expect the screen to stay protected then sometimes the cover may flap open.

Edit: removed another star as the area under the window is starting to get scratched. I think little bits of dirt get trapped between the plastic window and your screen, and then the cover moves around in your pocket, scratching the screen.

1.0 out of 5 stars FAKE- How can Amazon sell this?, 25 Jan. 2014
Tarun R. Nagpal (London) - See all my reviews
I am generally very confident buying things on Amazon- for one thing, Amazon does no sell fake items.

However, this product is a FAKE. Cheap quality,it is not leather, the transparent part if not touch sensitive.

Comes in a chaply printed Samsung note 3 box. My phone (Note 3) didn't even fit properly.

DO NOT BUY THIS .

I am so disappointed with Amazon- agree its a third party seller- but how can amazon allow fake product sellers on its site? Does it not have a proper process to vet the sellers?

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality counterfeit cover, 31 July 2013
This is a poor quality counterfeit cover that does not fit property. I realise that the price is cheap but no where does it state that the item is a copy. The cover also split when I removed it from my phone

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor design for an Official Samsung Case, 23 April 2014
S Sims - See all my reviews
I purchased this case thinking that it would be similar to the official Samsung Galaxy S4 Case that I used on my S4. Sadly not. The case is thick and bulky unlike the S4 case. Also, as mentioned in another review, it does not stay closed since there is no magnetic pull keeping it physically closed (although there is a sensor on the case to detect when it is physically closed). In practice this means that the S5 phone flicks between thinking its open and closed frequently.

The SView screen is larger for the S5 case meaning that you can use it to take photos as well as answering the phone. It is limited however to taking a single photo and cannot be used to shoot Video.

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential for the A5, 4 April 2015
M. G. Chisholm "chiefengineer3" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

Fits perfectly as you would expect from the manufacturer of the phone itself, so all the buttons are accessible and there is no interference with the camera lens. The pictures are perfectly clear and as lovely as if there was no case fitted.

The phone becomes active once you open the cover and has a feature to select a picture which is seen through the window on closure - yes I'm easily pleased!

1.0 out of 5 stars FAKE - STAY AWAY, 29 Sept. 2013
This item is a fake and a poor one at that. After trying to contact the seller to try and get a refund about 4 times and not hearing anything I had to get Amazon involved. wish I had read more of the reviews and I wouldn't have wasted my time. THIS ITEM IS COUNTERFEIT!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Does not protect your phone., 30 Nov. 2014
Nice case, but it keeps opening as it doesn't have secure magnet clasp. As my phone already had one accident when it fell open from "secure waterproof" case, I'm getting cheap one that locks properly instead.
Having an S view window is great, but not worth risking your smartphone.

1.0 out of 5 stars BEWARE! Do not buy from other sellers!, 28 Sept. 2013
I bought one of these in pink from a seller who was being fulfilled by Amazon, thinking "well if it has to go through their warehouse they won't allow fakes". This is not the case.
Nothing was up to standard, the holes didn't line up, the Samsung name on the back wasn't straight and it just didn't feel right.
Amazon have refunded me and seem to have taken the pink one off from gogodealz2013 however they are still selling their other colours.

1.0 out of 5 stars The worst case you could possibly buy for your S5, 18 July 2014
I. Ioannis (Cyprus) - See all my reviews
This is the worst case you could possibly buy for your S5. Below is my list of Pros and Cons:
Pros:
- Nice feel
- S-view is nice
Cons:
- Expensive (I bought it for 38 GBP)
- Stays open most of the time since it does not have a magnet
- S-View causes the phone sometimes to become unresponsive
- The case takes over some of the pins for wireless charging so you cannot use 3rd party charging stickers. This means that if you want wireless charging you should buy the original s-view Samsung case with wireless charging.
- Most important of all: The case claims to be IP67 water and dust resistant but it offers no protection to your phone. In fact, exactly the opposite. If your phone falls down to the floor, the case breaks of the phone and your phone and battery fly across the room!!!