on 15 April 2013
***The Office Idiot Reviews***

A Good Follow up.

I enjoyed this book just as much as I liked the first one. The characters are completely different and so are the stories, yet still the author manages to keep a story, or several running throughout the book. They all tie into one another and of course are all written in the form of reviews for products that are live on amazon.

***The Village Idiot Reviews***

One of the funniest books I've ever read.

I brought this book a while ago and didn't read it, I wasn't sure I'd 'get' it. Being written in reviews, I assumed it would just be a load of different ones left on products that have gone viral. It isn't. It's more than that. This story centres around a Village which is full of idiots. They all tell their version of events through reviews, some of which are posted on amazon, most aren't. It's really a very clever way of telling a story. There were times I almost snotted down myself with laughter. It's a really funny book, I've already brought the next one.

***The Idiot government Reviews***

I like it alot.
I brought this after reading the others in the Idiot Review series, It's a little different as in you can tell who the characters are supposed to be. It's just as funny though and a really clever way of writing. I'm looking forward to more from this author.
on 24 August 2014
The first of these three short stories is the best. Presenting an amusing gimmick by using amazon reviews to form the narrative.

This gimmick obviously limits what the author can do but is an interesting idea, and I think it is executed about as well as it is.possible to do.

The second two stories are pretty poor, the third especially so. Most of the humour in these seems to be derived from jibes at the mentally ill, which after a while gets a little insulting. These two also suffer from some pretty broad brush characterisation making it difficult to work out who is 'writing' a particular review until you have finished and read the tagline.

Several repetitions of phrases in the book made me think it was rushed a little at times.

In all it is an interesting idea that now tried should probably be put to bed
on 4 March 2014
I enjoyed the Government book the best, but The Village Idiot Reviews was a close second. Everyone’s story is told through the medium of Amazon reviews and I read that some are actually posted on the site. I’ve not found any yet though. I’d love to see the comment on those reviews. It’s a very English set of books so unsure how it would relate to people outside blighty but I’m here and I really enjoyed it. I’m looking forward to MORE Village Idiot reviews now, it’s next on my list.
on 4 March 2014
Reminds us how lucky we are It’s a light read. No booker prize here, but then who wants to read booker prize winning novels every day? sometimes we just need to laugh at Idiots and remind ourselves that no matter how bad our jobs are, we’re not like these people. Very funny too.
on 4 March 2014
Really enjoyed this one, bought off the basis of other reviews and glad I did. The jokes can be a bit raw sometimes but I don’t think anything is written in bad faith. No swearing but it does have an unhealthy dose of british toilet humour.
on 17 April 2013
***The Office Idiot Reviews***

you certainly know one,

Great follow on in this series we all have people like this in our office , pick out your favourite character , if you work with some odd balls you will find this funny, haha some great ideas for secret santa to pass on to your fellow workers, just an idea, read and enjoy :)

***The Village Idiot Reviews***

Humorous and well linked, and also great product review :)

A book full of humour and parodies based on the village idiots, we all know such people (me being one lol), there are also people like this that also live in towns and cities as we all know :). The way the author has written about the products had me laughing out loud and the way it links onto the next product and person is very funny. Found myself relating to people i actually know which brought the book to life, im sure reading this many will have a similar experiance after all dont we all know some odd people :). Read and enjoy.

***The Idiot government Reviews***

The government's gone mad

Well this is the one, if you have ideas about the government this is about as good as they get,being imparcial myself as i dont have an opinion on our government (see i can lie like them) it just shows what a useless bunch of twats they really are, although fictitious characters once again we can see these people in the government old school network and all, the author has captured this well 3rd in the series and this is the best yet had me laughing and visualising them using the reviewed items. If you want some light relief from the governments strangle hold this is for you enjoy :).
on 30 March 2014
Not many books do make me actually LOL but this one did. I got it on offer and am happy I took a chance on an author I’ve never heard of. A great laugh and a book I’ll no doubt read again.
on 30 March 2014
A good read, something I read while i should have been working, it was nice and easy to read a review before anyone caught me out. If you enjoy comedy books then give this a try.
on 2 January 2014
Yeah, I LOL'd at these books. Never read anything like them before but hope there are more coming out. Made my day much more interesting reading this, it did.
on 30 March 2014
They are too. It’s like reading about the people I live and work with. I really enjoyed the collection. Although The Idiot Government was my least favorite.