5.0 out of 5 stars A good start!
Published 6 months ago by Xbox Kiki

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad
Published 9 months ago by Manveri

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A good start!, 6 Jan 2014
This review is from: Attack On Titan 1 (Paperback)
As a HUGE SnK(aka Attack on Titan) fan I wanted to read the manga after I finished watching the superb anime(that I can't recomend enogh!). The first volume of SnK starts of at a really good pace. Because I saw the anime first I needed to get used to the art style of the manga and didn't at first really like it(I think Eren looks a bit weird at some places - that's probably just because I'm used to how he looks in the anime), but after a while I really liked it. It suits the manga really well. The only downside to the manga is that I kind of miss the beautiful colors, music, and superb voice acting from the anime, but other than that I really enjoyed reading this. If you're a SnK fan and want to know what happens after the anime left off (and need to know as soon as possible because the wait of season two is killing me) then I can only recomend you to read the manga.

NOTE: If you want to read directly from where the anime lefts you need to start with volume 8, but if you want the full glory of the manga I think you should read all the volumes, but it's totally up to you.

Thanks for reading my review. I hope it was helpful :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Genuinely interesting!, 8 Sep 2013
This review is from: Attack On Titan 1 (Paperback)
I loved it from the first page it's an awesome Japanese story plot by Hajime Isayama. The story and characters are all on point. Things that differentiate this manga series from others is its realistic portray of humanity emotions. It certainly captures the essence of human fear of unknown danger, which is caused by the fearful man-eating Titans. Now I'm also following the Anime series which I also describe as the best of 2013 and one of the best of all time! EPICNESS!!!
Contains Gore so I wouldn't recommend it to teens younger than 13.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply incredible - MUST READ!!!, 16 Sep 2013
This review is from: Attack On Titan 1 (Paperback)
The most outstanding and incredibly thrilling manga I've read. This serious is phenomenal.
If you watch the anime the manga is definitely worth reading.
If you plan to start watching the anime, I suggest reading the manga first because (from various social networking sites - namely tumblr) I encountered far too many spoilers so I went ahead and caught up to the most recently released manga chapter online to avoid any more incidents.
And WOW. Hajime Isayama, HATS OFF YOU YOU. WHAT A WONDERFUL MAN FOR CREATING SUCH A THRILLING AND EXCITING MASTERPIECE

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING!!!!, 23 Sep 2013
This review is from: Attack On Titan 1 (Paperback)
i saw the abridged siries on youtube and thought it was awesome.
thought i would buy the book and it was great!!
by milla :-/

5.0 out of 5 stars use the Book Deposistory, 31 Aug 2013
This review is from: Attack On Titan 1 (Paperback)
first manga series I ever read and its incredible.
also use the Book Depository to buy it, they're one of the cheapest and fastest

5.0 out of 5 stars A standout manga series, 4 Feb 2013
This review is from: Attack On Titan 1 (Paperback)
I'll not spoil anything but this manga is very dark for a shounen series but feel fresh at the same time. It has a very interesting concept and is well worth the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best manga, 20 Dec 2013
This review is from: Attack On Titan 1 (Paperback)
When I first picked up this manga I was highly sceptical about it, first of all because of hype surrounding it. I tend to find that most of the popular manga nowadays aren't all they are capped up to be and are actually quite disappointing. The artwork also had me hesitant about reading it since is was like nothing I'd ever seen before in a shounen manga. But I decided to give it a go after hearing some friends talk about it. And it was the best decision I've ever made.

The story is absolutely fantastic. It's wonderfully played out, and you're constantly left wondering what will happen in the next chapter. The characters really come to life in this manga, as they each have their own unique personality, and I just love all the interaction with each other. Another thing I love about it is the fact that the main character isn't like your typical shounen protangonist at all, where he suddenly gets a power up during a fight and seemingly defeats all the villains. Eren, the main lead, gives it his all throughout the series, and yet most of the time the effort is futile and he has to experience the loss that comes along with it, usually in the form of a character death. Reading this manga is a very emotional experience, since you are so connected with each character from the start that it's a shock to watch them die after all they've been through.

While the art was disconcerting at first, and took me a long time to get used to, in my opinion it suits the manga very much. I can't imagine it any other way now that I've read the series. One thing to take into account it that it is quite scary and gorey, and may cause upset if you're not used to it.

I would highly recommend this manga to anyone interested in an action-adventure/shounen plot.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, 2 Oct 2013
This review is from: Attack on Titan 1 (Kindle Edition)
Worth reading. Good for a first volume. Still feels like things have yet to get going since most of this volume is back story and set up. The art is good in this genre and the story is really different. So far, the storytelling is pretty plain. I don't really feel much for the characters but I'mintriguedenough to want to know what happens next. It's interesting. I suggest you give it a go!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great manga, 13 Feb 2013
This review is from: Attack On Titan 1 (Paperback)
Wasn't too sure about this one before buying it but it was highly recommended to me and for good reason.
One of the better manga I have read in years and I'm highly looking forward to the rest of it.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect deal, amazing service, 15 July 2014