5.0 out of 5 stars Flattering look for slim (not skinny) built blokes.
Published 9 months ago by Trevor Molyneux

3.0 out of 5 stars Are they made for a different market!
Published 16 months ago by Steve E

3.0 out of 5 stars Are they made for a different market!, 5 Dec. 2013
I purchased two pairs of nominally the same pair of jeans - one from John Lewis and a few week later another pair through Amazon. The jeans are not the same! The first pair from JL had the usual Levi attributes and were made in Poland the second pair were made in Cambodia and were of a noticeable lower quality -eg stitching to rear pockets loose. Further the famous red tab trade mark didn't have the Levi brand name on the pair though Amazon but did on the other plus some other small but noticeable differences e.g. the writing of black tab above rear pocket - I am not saying these are not genuine Levi's but they seem to be made to a lower specification, I suspect for a different market. Style wise they are very similar and as both are new yet to see how they last.

5.0 out of 5 stars Flattering look for slim (not skinny) built blokes., 22 Jun. 2014
Not had to buy jeans for many years but have worn Levi standard fit due to liking to move in them! I bought Levi 511 stretchy jeans back in the early 80s and loved them but they did not appear on the shelves for long. When I decided I needed to buy new jeans I was so pleased to find these were available again as they fit me extremely well and the stretchiness allows me to move around rather than just walk in them. It is so pleasing to see that I am as comfortable in them now as I was nearly 30 years ago!

If you are slim and especially if you have long legs (I am 32W, 34L) they are a very flattering look without being teenager thin. Equally important for me was a zip; non of this button fly nonsense where you need to get undressed to go to the loo!

Fantastic jeans

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't even bother, 20 May 2014
These arn't 511's. I have 3 pairs of Levis 511 jeans and bought these as a 4th. I expected them to have a weird fit or a fault for the price but didn't care as I just wanted some to get messed up.

Ok, so the packaging looked legit, one i opened it I noticed instantly that they had been re-dyed with a black/blue dylon wash. not exactly midnight oil. I could tell this because the dye had effected the pockets and the back tag.

The material isn't even denim. feels more like a chino or twill work pant but with a texture of cheap denim.

Stitching at the bottom is horrendous. also all the stitching was gold and now a off blue/green colour.

the cut is too wide from the knee down to be a 511 cut. Also I wanted a shorter leg so ordered the 32w 30l and it may say it on the rear tag but its a 32 32

utter crap.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy customer, 22 Aug. 2013
Delivered on time.
Perfect price for perfect pair of jeans
I Will recommend it to my friends surely.
The only thing not mention in product details
Is stretch fabric

4.0 out of 5 stars Black Jeans, 6 Jun. 2014
Bought these for my husband to wear with a tuxedo jacket for evening wear. He is very happy with them. They create a nice slim siluette, but are comfortable because of the 5% strech. The only thing that could be better is the fabric. It tends to attract fluff and on black that's so visible. Wish they would come up with a fabric that's less 'sticky'.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great jeans, 11 May 2014
Perfect comfortable fit. Love the colour. Totally met my expectations. Already had a pair of 511's in another colour so was pleased to get these at such an incredible price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tremendous!!!, 5 Nov. 2014
I own lots of Levi jeans and also sell them in my job. I love 501's but, recently bought a pair of 511's and since then, I have not looked back.
The fit is slim, not skinny, this for me is an important difference as I'm an average sized guy. If your the sort of chap with bigger thighs (rugby players thighs?), these are probably not gonna be the jeans for you.
To translate - Slim Fit is more of a tapered straight cut, not a skin tight/spray-on affair.
They look great with boots, Vans, Converse or trainers.

I've notice a few people slinging accusations of 'fakes!', because their pair had a mostly blank red label (with the exception of the circled ®), this just simply is not the case, they are NOT FAKES.
Levi's purposely produce 1 out of 10 red Tabs on the back pocket of a pair of Levi’s jeans with a blank red tab for trademark reasons, as the red tab itself is a trademark and is acknowledged 1 in 10 times by the company.

I bought 3 different colours (hence the reason this review turns up on 3 different jeans) as I like 'em so much and I'm just about to get another pair!
* The fit is great.
* The price is amazing.
* They were all delivered within 2 days of ordering.
Hope this helps with your decision guys!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what you'd expect from Levi's, 26 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Levi's Men's 511 Slim Fit Jeans (Apparel)
These jeans are great, nice snug fit - just how i like them, not too skinny though - I'm not in my 20's any more!!

They are very black and have nice black stud work on the pocket area and a black Levis leather back pocket patch which is nice - all the usual kind of styling you would expect from such a great brand.

These do tend to pick up fluff and cat hair but it only stands out because they are so very new, after a couple of washes this usually stops.

Would happily buy these again once my new pair have worn out (again)!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Jeans, 14 Sept. 2013
Finding jeans I like is a real challenge and being 6ft 4ins doesn't help. These arrived very fast and are absolutely fab. Great look and fit. Great seller

5.0 out of 5 stars Light and comfortable, 17 Feb. 2014
Alan (West London) - See all my reviews
Wasn't sure what to expect with these, but they fit well, and look really good. Lighter denim than the heavyweight 501 stuff but do not chafe and I love them.
Machine wash well.