Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£16.89

on 22 January 2014
I bought this album as a gift for my mother, because she loves 60's music. There are some very good songs on this CD and some true classics of the decade. We did not skip many of the tracks, which is always a good indication of how good we think an album is. My mum was thrilled with this CD and so was I, because I knew all of the songs that we played and I enjoyed them too. However, I have several gripes regarding this. The sound quality of the songs is generally as good as can be expected from this era, but I did notice the volume of the songs fluctuated quite noticeably, so I had to keep on adjusting my volume control. Some of the songs seemed quieter and some of the others were much louder, which is a common problem on a lot of modern compilations of old music. Perhaps it could be been resolved if they had spent more time and money remastering the songs properly. There also is very little on this album that has not been included on previous 60's compilation albums, so I would only buy this if it is your first 60's album, or if you haven't already got the songs, so it would be advisable to check the track listing before you decide to buy it. I was also annoyed that most of the artists featured on this album had several songs included on the album, so there was very litte variety of different songs or artists. However, despite this, this is a very good album and worth buying to fans of 60's music, but not if you are a collector, because then you would already have these songs. Four stars from me, for this very good but flawed album.
on 20 November 2013
A brilliant collection of sixties pop songs memorabilia, saw the stage show after buying this, and the show is also very good. If you are into sixties music(that was the best era when music 'changed' forever) then do buy this.
on 5 June 2013
As a baby boomer - born January 1947 - this was my era for music and this album has some great tracks, a lot not found on a lot of other sounds of the 60's.
Sorry but a lot of the record producers have given the impression that in the decade 0f the 60's there was only a few hundred records released, not the thousands that actually were. Even Dreamboats and petticoats are falling into this habit.
This one is different, so buy it sit back relax eyes closed and be transported back to the 60's.
A must have for that era music fans.
on 2 May 2013
great album but a bit disappointed with a couple of songs that are stopped short before they properly finishing .........
on 4 October 2013
I cannot fault this seller. This item was fantastic value for money. The CD plays perfectly and was received very quickly. I would definitely buy more products in the future and highly recommend.
on 2 June 2013
It is a good mix of song from the 1960's, when Britain had hope for a better future. a time I remember but was too young to enjoy, but remember my older sistere going out and enjoying.
on 2 August 2015
oh wow,the who,theres not many albums that have "the who" in the compilations of the 60s,absolutely faultless original tracks,a must have for 60s enthusiasts.Brilliant.
on 14 November 2013
I bought this CD for my wife . Listen to it once myself. And decided to keep it. My wife and listen to it now. It is now her and she loves it as well. Fantastic mix of songs.
on 10 August 2013
Having listened to this I think it is a reasonably good music double compact disc. Only fault is that it has an intro at the beginning and at the end of each cd.
on 6 June 2013
just what we expected, music of the good old days. Remember all the words to these songs, would highly recommend !