5.0 out of 5 stars Powerfully emotive, 29 April 2013
This review is from: Broadchurch (Music From The Original Soundtrack) (MP3 Download)
It's hard to overstate how good this soundtrack is. Haunting and sad, it perfectly captures the emotions of the show, long after the broadcast is finished.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 15 April 2013
Brilliant show and music. The best music to sleep to and keep calm and the best show to watch. Enjoy!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Music...., 6 Jun 2013
I love the music, very haunting , the only thing I didn't like was the fact that I had to buy a download rather than a cd which I really wanted. I think maybe this medium is the the only way that you can get it - for now at least. The 4 stars is because of this - it took me a few days to download and be able to listen to my new music as I didn't have the right media/formatting on my very old pc to play it - no doubt easy when you know how, v frustrating if you don't.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, emotional tv score, 22 Dec 2013
[...] Less is more. That is the key lessons one can learn from this score. With so many scores overindulging in self-importance, it is refreshing to hear something that dares stay down to earth. Now I could include some psychobabble about how the music seems to represent the timeless sea, by which the town of Broadchurch is set; or how only the bleak Icelandic landscape could inspire a composer to write this type of music, but I won't (...ah!). The simple truth is this: in all its simplicity and minimalism (at the risk of using both terms incorrectly) this is the most heart-wrenchingly beautiful, haunting and poignant music I have heard in a very, very long time. For all its melancholy, it is `pretty' enough to revisit time and time again. Fans of Arnalds will already know this. Anyone else... I suspect they will soon become familiar with his work.[...]

Read the full review at [...]

5.0 out of 5 stars Olafur, 27 May 2013
I had never heard of Olafur Arnalds before Broadchurch, but I am now a fan. Loved the music from the series and googled till I found some info on him. Had to wait till the end of the series nearly before they made this available as a download though.

5.0 out of 5 stars "Broken" - Richter, Sheppard, Frahm..., 13 Dec 2013
There is wonderful music here. For me the best track by miles is "Broken" which reminds me of some of the very stirring post-classical compositions by Max Richter and Philip Sheppard, and to some extent Nils Frahm (with whom Olafur Arnalrds has also worked). Beautiful , haunting, rich string chords. Like a warm, musical embrace. I would not hesitate to buy an album composed in the style of "Broken".

5.0 out of 5 stars A big part of what made the series good to watch, 19 Oct 2013
Hearing the music in Broadchurch made me seek out more of Olafur Arnalds music, and I'm glad I did. Great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 6 July 2013
Every time I listen to it, it reminds me of the program. Eagerly await the sequel. Can it really compete with the original?

5.0 out of 5 stars haunting, 26 April 2013
If you loved the series you won't be disappointed. Arnor Dan is amazing on so close! Worth it for that track alone

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning, 24 April 2013
I. S. Taylor (London, England) - See all my reviews
Evocative, emotional, haunting music, superbly fitting the tv programme, but easily able to stand alone as an experience. Listen, think, then download.