5.0 out of 5 stars What a pleasure to read....
This book provoked thought, encouraged smiles and tears, and drew out memories long buried.... A joy to sit with on a lazy afternoon and come across poems that were like old friends, stirring emotions with a gentle hand.
Published 9 months ago by rockchick

3.0 out of 5 stars Let's start at the beginning
I haven't yet found a way to scroll down to a poem I wish to read. Poetry books are not novels. You dip in and out of poems and the only way I have found to get through this book is by clicking on each page individually. Not ideal.
Published 9 months ago by valerie

5.0 out of 5 stars What a pleasure to read...., 6 Mar 2014
This review is from: One Hundred And Fifty Favourite Poems: English Language Classics (Kindle Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars quality and value, 5 Jan 2014
So many poems in this selection were worth the 0.99 on their own. I found many poems that I only half knew so it was fun discovering them again. I thought the choice of cover was inspired.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good book to dip into whenever you want., 17 Mar 2014
This is the first time I have bought a poetry book for the kindle as I wasn't sure I would be able to dip into it to read various parts easily. However, it is very easy to go to the contents menu if you want to choose individual poems or select different poets.
I am very happy with this book. It has a very good selection of popular poems, and I would recommend it to any poetry lover. Great for browsing through in waiting rooms!

4.0 out of 5 stars Reference for odd moments, 9 Nov 2013
A very handy reference selection of poems to suit most tastes, a joy to browse during those few odd moments of " What shall I do while I wait for him/her ?"

4.0 out of 5 stars A great little book, 21 May 2014
This is the sort of book you come back to time and time again, not all of the poems are my favourite ones but I have found ones that I have never come across before. If you like poetry this is a book for you.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great collection of poems, 11 May 2014
An interesting anthology containing most of the usual suspects plus a few lesser known gems. Good to dip into when one has s few spare minutes to while away. It would be nice to have an easy way to locate particular favourites.

3.0 out of 5 stars Let's start at the beginning, 10 Mar 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Favourite poems, 5 Oct 2014
As I like poetry I enjoyed this collection. Obviously not all of the poems were to my liking but there were enough to please me.

5.0 out of 5 stars I think that this is a good collection of my favourite poems, 8 Oct 2014
I think that this is a good collection of my favourite poems, I am really enjoying getting to grips with old friends.

1.0 out of 5 stars How can you do this to poetry !!?, 14 Oct 2014
I love poetry and I love to see it written with the original language of the time. It infuriates me to see the words changed to a modern idiom. There is a reason why the original words were chosen and changing the words just completely destroys the "music" of the poetry. As example in the poem "A red,red rose"
It's not "my lovely lass" it's "my bonie lass"
How much more beautiful to hear the words "Till a' the seas gang dry" instead of "Till all the seas go dry"
Many more examples I could quote.
Shame on you authors for not preserving the original words of the poetry. Shame on you for destroying the music and the dance of the words. You should know better.
Miles Macdonald