4.0 out of 5 stars Yes what I want!
The product is good looking! It is going to be my favourite backpack, it tough and well made. However, it is not waterproof as advertising. The medium rain could make your things wet. I am wondering why no Kipling band on textile!
Published 20 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality
Not overly impressed with this bag. Lovely colour (espresso brown) and a good size however the stitching started pulling and undoing at the top of the bag. Sent back for refund
Published 18 months ago by Charlie

4.0 out of 5 stars Yes what I want!, 4 July 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good (but beware colours), 13 Nov. 2013
Charlotte Hood-Fredriksen "Anest" (Southport, UK) - See all my reviews
I love this backpack, it's very roomy inside and has a lot of little pockets, including one on the inside of the front (but not very front). The very small pockets on the side and top are large enough for a little packet of tissues and my mobile phone. Also the pocket on the very front is REALLY deep, which is a plus - it comfortably fits a standard sized envelope (long way down),
The main compartment is a good size and I really like the separators. There is one for the laptop which is padded and another to the front of the bag that fits an A4 large spiral notebook, a copy of David Cowan's Housing Law and Policy and my 7 inch Nexus in a fairly chunky protective case comfortably. It's also fairly tall so my A4 notebook isn't always falling out (leaving only an inch or so at the top of it). That still leaves the main space free!
I've not really used the laptop part, but it's more or less what you'd expect - a padded compartment with a velcro strap over the top. I does comfortably fit my large 15' Vaio Gaming laptop in a neoprene sleeve (something which my old Jansport Trinity could not do), however the velcro wouldn't fasten over it (for me it's not important as it's already in a protective sleeve as well). I've not tried my smaller ultrabook yet.
From the pictures the straps don't look padded but they are on the side that faces your body. However, they are considerably less padded than the Jansport Trinity. Again for me this is no issue and was actually a plus as it made the backpack lighter and less bulky.
My only issue is not with the item, but with the colour shown on Amazon (as other reviewers have mentioned). I would suggest before buying ANY colour apart from Black that you do a bit more research - you can find more accurate representations elsewhere on the web.

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, 29 Aug. 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks just like the image, 7 Aug. 2013
It is big, with protection for my laptop, and has a lot of pockets.
It is completly new, and well packed.
I love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best backpack ever, 20 July 2013
Have been a lover of Kipling products,but was blown away by this backpack. Great quality and very useful pockets. was a bit bigger than expected, but am very happy all round especially at the price. Parcel arrived earlier than expected. Great service.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of pockets, 28 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Kipling Women's Clas Seoul Backpack, Multicoloured (Shoes)
This backpack is great! It's spacious and has many compartments which for me is imperative as the most frustrating thing is delving into a swamp of a bag and rummaging for ages just to get your keys! With this bag there is a pocket or a compartment for just about everything. The zips are nice and chunky so they don't stick or get jammed and it is splash proof so your stuff is protected at least for a little while. The Welsh weather is relentless in trying to ruin my things but I feel confident using this backpack!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great backpack and fits A4 size magazines/documents, 11 Feb. 2014
I ordered this mostly to use as a carry-on bag for flying and was a bit worried when another reviewer said that it wouldn't be that good for A4 size documents. I quite often buy a magazine or two at the airport to read during the flight. When the bag arrived I tested it and was relieved to find that you can indeed fit a few magazines in the main section of the backpack without them interfering with the zip closure at the top. However, it is a snug fit, not because of the size of the main compartment - it is very roomy - but because it is not a rectangular shape at the top and you loose some space because of the curved corners.
The backpack is a good size generally, not too big to be cumbersome and not so small that it would be a squeeze to get things into it. It seems to be made of the usual Kipling quality and should hopefully last for many years to come. Amazon delivered very quickly and the price (Black Snake design) was just under £40, a bargain!

4.0 out of 5 stars Spacious, 3 Aug. 2013
A good size, but it would have been better to have a proper zipped pocket on the side than a small one at the top- therefore one star less. Otherwise perfect and of the high stardard we have come to expect from Kipling.

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved it so much I bought it again in 'Animal Print!' - (Freshman Year 10 Student), 14 Sept. 2014
Gracie N.P (Durham, England. UK) - See all my reviews
Great school bag! I really recommend it in any colour.
I bought it for Year 10 (Freshman year) and it held up surprisingly well.

I'd only ever had Kipling wallets, washbags ect or shoulder bags that weren't really subjected to any battering.

Usually at the end of the school year, I bin my torn, discoloured bag but I still use this one for casual daily use!
It was big enough for me to carry two files, two pencil cases, a textbook, my wallet, a reading book, body spray, some make-up, a drink and a snack, and every design really pops!

They're so unique and nobody else will have this bag, even if they buy the same model since there's so many designs! Everyone asks me about it.

The only down side is that it gets so heavy, but what backpack doesn't when it can hold as much as this one;)

I bought it in Animal Print again this year for my Year 11 (Sophomore year) and I see myself buying it in other patterns for my Sixth Form (Junior and Senior) years too. Perfect!

I REALLY recommend it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality bag but the colour is different from photo, 24 Oct. 2013
I love the bag, although the photo does not represent the colour at all accurately- I thought 'port red' would actually be red but it's more of a mulberry/burgundy colour which is very nice but not what I was expecting!
This bag has a great selection of pockets of all different shapes and sizes which is really practical. My 15 inch macbook pro only just fits into the laptop pocket and the velcro only just meets (at a stretch) but that's not a major problem. The bag is super comfortable and great quality. I look forward to putting it on in the morning! Little bit annoying that the price keeps being reduced seeing as I bought it for £60 a few weeks ago and now it's at £39.50 but hey. All round a great purchase, but beware that the photos don't represent the colours very well!