on 22 June 2014
Ok, so it was only £1.10, so it wasn't exactly a big purchase.

But in a nutshell there was so little content in it I'm probably spending almost as much time writing this review as the time it took to read the book; there were no real tips in it, no suggestions of interesting looks to try, no advice beyond 'well you could do this, or you could do that, it's up to you'. And the actual standard of writing was fairly poor, too.
on 18 April 2013
After having read many books on make-up and beauty, I have found this one to be a very easy, friendly-to-use and practical guide to make up. What I particularly like is that it is to the point and clearly outlines the principles of good make-up, which Elizabeth calls 'The Skeleton of Beauty', such as how to accentuate your lips through 'The Elizabeth Lip Technique' or advising on the best way to shape your eyebrows for your face type. It has shown me that looking good everyday does not have to be a big task and should be a joyful ritual in every womans' daily life. It truly is a great, quick reference book for your kindle to carry around with you.
on 30 April 2013
I have been stuck in a rut with my make up routine for a few years so I bought this e-book hoping it would help me update my look a bit. I was not disappointed. It has been a revelation. Just learning the right way to go about choosing my foundation has made the purchase worthwhile a few times over. I wish I had read this years ago, I would have saved myself a fortune! So much money wasted on badly chosen foundations, blushers and eye shadows that would turn out to be not quite right.

This book is more than just basics really. It is a Basics Master class. I feel so much more confident about choosing and applying my make-up. My routine has become quick and simple and still looks fresh and modern because I can now tailor my purchases and techniques to suit me!

A great book at an unbelievably affordable price! I highly recommend it. A well deserved 5 stars
on 5 July 2014
I truly loved this e-book, it's does exactly what is says on the tin! Forget the other negative comments, I'm really not sure what they were expecting, It's about getting back to basics, like the title says.. I'm fed up of looking at youtube tutorials/books on celebrity looks, I'm not a fashionista, nor in my 20's, I just want accentuate the beauty of being a woman and my unique self and this book has helped me realise this. Some lovely tips! Everyday I do the Elizabeth Lip Technique and I get comments all the time asking how my lips look so perfect without anything on them! Seriously worth £1.10 just for that tip alone. Thank you Elizabeth!
on 15 March 2014
I must have been expecting something more, or this book was for the novice. Learned nothing new and could have put in a few tips myself.
on 8 March 2016
Great book which taught me a lot. Highly recommended
on 6 September 2015