5.0 out of 5 stars Soaring highs within a more contemplative album
Tape Deck Heart is a more introspective album than much of Frank's previous work. If you're looking for jaunty singalongs or call to arms like Try This At Home, Photosynthesis or even I Still Believe, then there isn't quite as much of that here.

That's not to say these are 18 tracks that will leave you eyeing your shoelaces as if you've been stuck in a room...
Published 20 months ago by KW

3.0 out of 5 stars Why am I exhausted after listening to this?
Frank is one of my favorite song writers so expectation were high. Unfortunately this album just doesn't deliver what I was looking for. There are a few real gems but the album as a whole seems depressing and strained. I just got back from a 4-day road trip during which I listened to this album along with the 4 previous ones repeatedly. While all the albums are...
Published 19 months ago by RP

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 410 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars frank turner, 3 Nov 2013
This review is from: Tape Deck Heart (Audio CD)
bought for my hubby for xmas, he loves his music, cant wait to give it to him on xmas day

5.0 out of 5 stars Frank Turner, 3 Nov 2013
This review is from: Tape Deck Heart (Audio CD)
Brilliant album worth paying the bit extra for the special edition version as some of the best tracks are these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album with a nice suprise, 21 Oct 2013
Mr. J. P. Emptage (Reading) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tape Deck Heart (Audio CD)
I only herd frank turner properly this summer standing in a hot dusty field in reading (yes it was the festival)I had herd a couple of songs at the Olympics I enjoyed them but hadn't really paid much attention so I went to see the set more curious than anything. The very next day I rushed out and bought this album or rather I went on to amazon and bought it here.

I was very pleased that many of the songs I had seen and enjoyed in that field this summer were on the album and had translated so well I have seen a few results on here saying some of Franks other albums are better but as I have no basis for comparison I think it's a really good album which I enjoy listening to as much as I like Opposites by Biffy Clyro(buy that before you read on it's really good I'll wait...got it good I'll now finish the review) there are two standout's on this album for me all the songs are good but recovery and four simple words are my standouts at the moment.

The nice surprise in the title was that If you buy this you get the MP3 album free so you can put it on to your i pod or mobile and start listing to it right away if you want to I'd highley recommend this album to anyone who is considering it don't wait just buy it now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, 9 Oct 2013
This review is from: Tape Deck Heart (Audio CD)
Not his best work, but it's up there! The CD was well worth it and the extra tracks make all the difference...especially in gig prep!

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting.., 1 Oct 2013
This review is from: Tape Deck Heart (Audio CD)
I bought this for one title only - a singular gem - and like a couple more other tracks. I am hoping the rest will eventually please.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 29 Sep 2013
This review is from: Tape Deck Heart (Audio CD)
I absolutely love this album. It is different from his previous albums, has very much a different feel about it, but definitely worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Music at its best, 26 Sep 2013
This review is from: Tape Deck Heart (Audio CD)
Starts with a great song and just gets better and better. Great mix of slower contemplative songs (anymore) to up beat (four little words)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 5 Sep 2013
This review is from: Tape Deck Heart (Audio CD)
A beautifully written and polished album by Frank Turner. He sure did a really good job on Tape Deck Heart.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, 31 Aug 2013
This review is from: Tape Deck Heart (Audio CD)
What can I say, the man is a genius! The music is just as great as some of his past albums

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 30 Aug 2013
This review is from: Tape Deck Heart (Audio CD)
I really like his voice, some tracks are a bit sad, maybe samey. Would like to hear more of his work.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 410 | Next ›