5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievably good for the money
Published 5 months ago by A. Digby

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible product!
I had had these earphones for less than 2 weeks when they started to break. Less than a month after purchase only one of the earphones works due to a loose connection. Terrible product!
Published 2 months ago by natalie stevens

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievably good for the money, 13 May 2014
A. Digby - See all my reviews
I've been on the lookout for some decent inner-ear headphones for a while. I used to have a great Sony pair and when they gave up I thought I'd do well with Sennheisers after being impressed with their over-ear headphones. Sadly they didn't fit well, and with inner-ear style headphones, ear canal fit is pretty much the most important factor - even great ones can sound very poor if they don't make a good seal.

As you typically can't return used headphones for hygiene reasons, I didn't want to spend a lot, with the risk they wouldn't fit. Then I saw this review on The Wirecutter [...], looked them up on Amazon, and at just over £7 thought I'd give them a punt (The model number is different in the UK for some reason and they don't come with an in-line remote for some reason. You can get the ones from the review, but they're slightly more).

And The Wirecutter review wasn't wrong - they sound great (for the price)! The fit is great (for me at least, but they come with 3 different size adapters), the sound is perfectly decent for normal day-to-day listening, they block out outside sounds well (as you would expect), the bass is tight and controlled, and they don't seem too bright either. The build quality is good for the price, but you can tell that the overall material quality is on the lower side and they probably won't last forever. That said, if I'd spent ~£100 on posher headphones and lost/broke them, I'd be gutted - at least with these they're inexpensive to replace if needed.

Overall, they seem unbelievably good value for money. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone.

4.0 out of 5 stars For the price, you'd be hard pressed to beat these. Super Value., 6 Aug 2014
A lot of credit has to go to Panasonic for these headphones. My main headphones are a pair of Sennheiser HD25 MKII, so I know what a good pair of cans sound like. These earbuds were bought to replace a pair of Beats in-ears that came with my old phone that apparently retailed at £80 which I used primarily to listen to audiobooks in bed.
It goes without saying that the quality is never going to match a pair of over-ear studio headphones, but I was remarkably impressed at how the measured up to the beats they replaced. Whilst the sound isn't the richest you will ever hear, the clarity of the sound is excellent. And I was also surprised that even cranked up loud, that I wasn't experiencing the distortion on bass that I would normally expect on cheap ear buds.
In ear they are comfortable, and coming with a couple of different sized rubber buds is a great touch at a pair of headphones this price. I was also impressed at how well they blocked out ambient sound. The do leak quite a bit of sound, much more than the Beats headphones did. But it is at acceptable levels, we're not talking 1st gen iphone headphones here.
It is worth bearing in mind that the build quality isn't great. The wire is remarkably flimsy and won't stand being caught on anything without snapping. However when I'm buying headphones at this price, I'm expecting that they will be getting replaced pretty frequently anyway. I'll probably just buy a couple of pairs to be honest for that eventuality.
Like many others I came here following a review on wirecutters, and I'd agree with the article, these are excellent headphones for the price. But do bear in mind that caveat. We are talking headphones under a tenner here. The sound is very good and very clear, but their not going to replace top end headphones. That said, I certainly wouldn't buy a pair of in ear beats at £80 over these. Especially as they only lasted me 6 months anyway.

5.0 out of 5 stars A musicians opinion, 2 Sep 2014
Nick Lindridge "ionCube" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Just tried the purple version of these with some symphonic prog rock (Par Lindh Project), Apollo 13 soundtrack End Titles, Mike Oldfield and Larry Carlton, and they sound excellent for what they are.

Pros:

* Sound. Handles both light and heavy passages well. Clear female vocals, solo violin, keyboards, percussion, studio ambience clearly discernible. Bass heavy passages do not distort, overwhelm or constrain higher frequencies. Some complain of tinny sound; this *will* be the case if not fitted correctly and fully into the ear canal, e.g. if in the wrong ears (tricky to do but it's possible and they will sound rubbish then).

* Ample volume.

* Comfortable.

* Blocks external sound well even with no source audio.

* Variety of colours. (Daughter (6) saw them and asked for dark blue as a birthday present.)

Cons:

* Disturbance from moving the cable does transmit to the buds. If moving around this might be an issue for some.

Source: iPhone running iPeng streaming mp3 over home to office vlan from Slim/Logitech server on a DS414 NAS.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good price for a good product, 22 Jun 2014
These headphones are not going to last you forever, obviously. However, my first pair lasted 6 months and I am notable for over-using headphones and not taking proper care of them, Apple headphones have lasted me anything from 1-5 months. They are great quality for the price you pay, and the quality of the music seems fine on a variety of music. Would recommend to anyone who just wants to listen to music.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good sound. Poor quality wire., 28 July 2014
Delivered very promptly and in good condition. The sound is very crisp with good bass and treble. They also don't hurt if they're ripped out of the ears like some other ear buds. And it is easy to see which side is left/right due to the shape. They also fit well and don't hurt after a long time having them in.

HOWEVER, the quality of the wire is terrible. They always tangle and retain the tight curls they arrived in for ages (far longer than other headphone/ear bud wires). Even after they have been straightened the wire twists, which cannot be fixed.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible product!, 25 Aug 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars OK, 22 Jan 2014
So far so good. Good sound , although a bit awkward when putting them in your ears and the wires a bit on the thin side but other than that they're alright, so I'm pleased.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best, 25 Sep 2014
This review is from: Panasonic RP-HJE125E-A Earphones - Blue (Electronics)
Best earphones going at this price. There's no reason to buy any other under the £100 price point they're that good. The oval tips are what make it; regular "circular" tips never fit perfectly in my ears but these provide a solid seal at all times. Have a pair of Shure SE215's but I really do prefer these since the sound quality is up there and they're cheap as furk + unique oval tip. Great upgrade from the previous version as well (RP-HJE120) - tips are even better fitting and the earphones themselves feel lighter in the ear. Every pair I have purchased from the previous generation (3) lasted at least a year of heavy use each, only one of which stopped functioning despite the constant mistreatment (they're only a fiver after all). This pair I've been using for 4 months now and once again quality sound great ergonomics at a dirty dirty price. 5/5 would and will buy again

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy with these!, 21 Aug 2014
Lois Yorke (Oxfordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
I don't normally care for headphones like this that only go in your ears, because I find them quite painful to wear. However, I wanted something small to use at the gym, rather than taking in large, over the ear headphones. I also didn't want to pay too much.

These fit the bill nicely. They are quite comfortable to wear, seem to me to give good sound quality, and were very reasonably priced. They came with two other soft earpieces so that you can change them for a better fit if you like. I haven't bothered as the ones they came with already fitted seem to do the job well enough.

I cannot say that they block out all exterior noise, but they do reduce it, and for what I want them for, they are fine. They are shaped and seem to stick in my ears well enough even when I am exercising quite vigorously! I am very happy with them.

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good, 6 Jun 2014
This review is from: Panasonic RP-HJE125E-A Earphones - Blue (Electronics)
Don't know whether these phones will last but like them so far. Decent sound for the price and quite comfy. They also seem to block out background noise effectively - a colleague had to wave to get my attention as I couldn't hear her calling to me when I was using them ...

Panasonic RP-HJE125E-A Earphones - Blue