5.0 out of 5 stars talisman at last
Published 22 months ago by Gedruk

3.0 out of 5 stars Remember remember?
Good points: it's a lot cheaper than buying a copy of the boardgame (especially today, when it's free!)

Because it's single player only, there's no waiting for ages for other people to roll and move the dobber.

Bad points: it's single player only.

And - whisper it quietly - the boardgame is not that good: it's been left behind by a host of...
Published 11 months ago by Ian

5.0 out of 5 stars talisman at last, 25 April 2013
Gedruk (Manchester) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Talisman Prologue HD (App)
As soon as I heard this was on the app store I went for it as I have the pc version which I love. I've been a Talisman fan since the 1980's and this is Talisman although it's level and quest based this works perfectly. The only problem I have is there's no icon on my kindle fire it just says no image available and the icons in the game could be slightly bigger but that's just me as I'm blind as a bat ! Thanks for your efforts to the makers and good luck with its future !

5.0 out of 5 stars Talisman is every bit the adventure game!, 29 April 2013
This review is from: Talisman Prologue HD (App)
At last a game that takes me back to my childhood! I loved playing this game (and still do) and all of the other Games Workshop/MB games. NOTE TO DEVELOPERS... You have made a great game conversion, now it's time to start on HeroQuest, Space Crusade & Warhammer
Quest!

4.0 out of 5 stars It's a board game, really, it's just a board game, 15 Jan. 2014
G. Owens (Atlantis) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Talisman Prologue HD (App)
This is really good! I played the board game a few times with mates, and that always took a couple of hours more than was fun (Like playing Monopoly with in-laws - that kind of dull). Then I picked up the PC version on Steam, and started playing, and it's a proper time-gobbler. Saw it on Android and it runs perfectly on my old Galaxy tab Mk 1. I'd recommend a slightly bigger screen than a smart phone, but this is spot on. If you ever played Heroes of Might and Magic 3, Stars! or Civ 3, then you'll know how addictive the "Just one more turn" games can be.
However, it took a little patience before, as new player, I got what was going on. But I really like this

4.0 out of 5 stars Needs online update now!, 28 May 2013
This review is from: Talisman Prologue HD (App)
Good introduction to the world of Talisman but really behind it all just a tutorial to get you up to speed for the main event to come.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 27 April 2013
This review is from: Talisman Prologue HD (App)
The developers have spared no effort translating this classic board game. The whole package looks extremely polished - and it does translate extremely well. This is an introduction to talisman with single player quest based play. It is well worth 3 quid and is a full game in its own right. Future multiplayer talisman promises to be absolutely awesome based on this offering!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great board game, 20 May 2013
This review is from: Talisman Prologue HD (App)
Never played the board game but this introduces it really well. Great tutorial, great graphics and great value for money. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars The board game exactly....love it!, 27 April 2013
This review is from: Talisman Prologue HD (App)
Have played and loved the board game for years, as have my family.This is a faithful version that you can play solo, and I played for several hours last night and loved it! Great!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great game, where's the multiplayer, 6 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Talisman Prologue HD (App)
I was initially slightly disappointed as I obviously didn't read the blurb correctly and thought this was a kind of hot seat pass the Kindle around to play the board game and thought it would be fun with the family on holiday.

It wasn't!

I was however a great recreation of the game I remember from college and is a fun pick up and play for a bit here and there experience.

If they added a hot seat multiplayer I would give it 5 stars and even pay a bit more for that functionality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Faithful reproduction, 25 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Talisman Prologue HD (App)
Loved this as a board game but it would take hours as we had all the expansion boards and never enough room to leave it set up. Now I can play by myself and take my time! Graphics are good, gameplay is good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't wait for the full version to arrive.., 22 May 2013
This review is from: Talisman Prologue HD (App)
I had already bought it for the PC after waiting what seemed like forever for someone to sort out the IP wrangles with GW!
When it was finally available on the Amazon store I was ecstatic as I can now install it on my Kindle Fire & the old HTC Desire S too
Classic adventure, very true to the source and if the prologue is anything to go by the full version will be awesome when it's finally released later this year, can't wait!

Talisman Prologue HD