5.0 out of 5 stars Nice big bold text
Great screen, with big bold letters. The BT Freelance XT3500's we had before, were so bad, they were illegible.
Published 12 months ago by C. Birks

3.0 out of 5 stars a good phone but ringer/ringtones not loud enough
I purchased this phone based on the excellent reviews it got on Amazon. The phone is great and it was really easy to programme numbers and get all the settings sorted.
However, I found 3 things that bug me about it.
Published 6 months ago by cornish bookworm

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice big bold text, 12 Oct 2013
C. Birks "birksee" (U.K.) - See all my reviews
Excellent sound quality. Great programming access so changes are easy. Answerphone can be dealt with from the handset, (which also displays a 'message received') so you don't need to go to the base station to listen or delete it.. Happy to recommend this model by Panasonic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Was unsure of the product at first.........., 28 Sep 2013
This review is from: Panasonic KX-TG6824EB Quad DECT Cordless Telephone Set with Answer Machine (Electronics)
Then read the reviews of other purchasers, which was reassuring. Looks smart ! better than the previous BT hand sets we had. So easy to set up, and started using even before the battery was fully charged. Clear sound, and noise control feature helps. Quite a few ringtones to choose from. The feature which I liked best was - the phone book feature. I had to feed the contacts on one handset and it automatically appears in all 4 handsets. great! battery life is still to be tested its new , lets see in a year's time though.
Totally Satisfied with the product.

4.0 out of 5 stars happy bunny, 20 Oct 2013
these phones are great, apart from one thing, the highest setting on the ringer volume is still quite low and hard to hear if you are out of the room the phone is in, great backlight, very easy to see whose calling

5.0 out of 5 stars Home Phone, 18 Nov 2013
Purchased this model recently for home phone use. Very pleased with the product spec and value for money. Easy to set up and the Noise Reduction facility is helpful in removing background noise from the line. Would recommend product.

5.0 out of 5 stars The 'Panasonic Twin Cordless Telephone set', 25 Jun 2013
This product is a very useful for our lifestyle, only one small criticism, is that the instruction book,could maybe includ an 'Idiots Guide' to its operation? the instructions are there, it just takes much intensity to make full use of them, In our opinion!

4.0 out of 5 stars Bizarrely;not as good as it's predecessor!, 13 Nov 2013
J. Gillett "infinite-inertia" (Not entirely sure...) - See all my reviews
I bought this unit to replace my old Panasonic equivalent, which was still going strong, but after 5 years of faithful service the buttons are very difficult to use, due to wear and tear.

First impressions are that the build quality is ever-so-slightly inferior to the old model. The old one stood up on it's own, the new one is "modelled like a pebble, with curved round edges", I guess in an effort to make electronic devices less dated and angular, which I guess is no bad thing. It's just annoying that it won't stand up, lying down on it's back the speaker outlet is covered and therefore the ringer is muffled significantly. The display, buttons, and base are practically identical. The base is slightly smaller and lighter, with a stand protruding from the rear of the unit. The usual answerphone controls are present, along with a message counter (something the old one didn't have), showing clearly that you have new messages, the old one flashed to show a message, but unless you delete all messages straight away, there was no way of knowing how many were new/were on there already.

Generally no real concerns about build, the important thing is the audio aspects surely? Well, I'm afraid to say that like many others I feel the sound quality is inferior to the old unit. Voices sound muffled and background noise is amplified far more (like TV's or radios), there is a "Noise Reduction" button, but it doesn't work very well to be honest, just makes the voice on the other end quieter. I have tried turning the speaker volume up to the maximum but that doesn't do a great deal. As far as I can tell, Panasonic have done this in an effort to reduce power consumption. The old unit worked at crazy distances from the base unit, but chewed through the battery life as a result. You were lucky to get 3 days out of it with general use, if you forgot to replace in the cradle. As a direct comparison I have left this unit in the living room for 5 days, using a normal amount of around 2 hours or so a day, it's still going strong with 40% battery life left. I have enabled "Low power mode" which reduces power by 90% apparently, I haven't noticed a huge drop in performance, but a couple of times when the wife has been standing directly in front of the base unit, there is a fair amount of interference and signal breakup.

It seems strange that Panasonic would change a perfectly good design, in favour of an inferior one, but I guess it's all about POWER these days! To be fair the phone works just fine, calls are pretty standard, but I have noticed that I do have to ask people to repeat themselves more often, especially when speaking to people with thick accents, as these tend to become more muffled than most. To summarise:

Positives = Battery life, Number of ringtones, Answerphone features (remote access/control), Clear display, Call barring (needs caller ID service to work)
Negatives = Slightly muffled sound, not free-standing anymore, highly sensitive microphone picks up EVERYTHING in the room.

Basically, if you have owned an older version of this model, like me; you may be disappointed. If purchasing this unit for the first time, I'm sure you won't notice these minor flaws, as it is a perfectly functional phone, well designed with an abundance of quality features.

5.0 out of 5 stars 1st class, 6 Aug 2013
A modern phone having a clear, large letter display and an answer phone that quickly discerns if the caller is interested in talking to you or just another sales/bogus call that can be ignored (when will BT offer a service to its users that will block these calls?) . I found the instructions booklet clear and easy to follow though I only required one change to the original set up, this being the number of rings before the answer phone connects. Volume and tone are good from the start and I have had no problems since purchase nearly two months ago. Excellent.

3.0 out of 5 stars a good phone but ringer/ringtones not loud enough, 28 April 2014
However, I found 3 things that bug me about it.
The first is the way the handset sits in the very small and lightweight cradle. It sits very upright (almost vertical) and I keep missing the charging prongs when I place it back on the base unit. My other phone - a Philips - had a much more sturdy base unit and the phone handset laid back into it more making it slip easily into the recharging position.
Also the Panasonic has loads of musical ring tones but I would prefer a proper ring tone, as even on the loudest setting, I found I missed calls if in another room as it just isn't loud enough. I have picked the loudest tone and volume for both but still find its not shrill enough. Musical tones can get lost in background tv/radio noise so I prefer a ringing sound. I have plugged my old Philips back in as although I can't use the broken handset it still rings so I have that to back up the Panasonic - not my intended plan and I'm glad I didn't bin the Philips!

Also the sound level on the answerphone is quite faint when playing back messages and its cut off a few callers in their prime too!

All in all a good phone but just not suitable for me and I wish it mentioned that it did not have a proper ring tone on it before I bought it. Given the opportunity I would have bought a replacement Philips had I known, as its given good service and lasted well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great phones, 10 Jun 2013
Best phones we have ever had. Very clear, and the answerphone works perfectly. Easy to use and they look good.

3.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic Telphones, 1 Jan 2014
A good product giving good service. Set up is fairly easy though it is essential that the instruction book is fully read. Don't skim through it. You will inevitably think you have set everything up and have to redo to include something you thought was there. Central contact list is an advantage.