5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!
The phones look & feel great - not too heavy but they feel sturdy and well made. Both handsets and bases have a very positive connection and battery life is fantastic.
Published 15 months ago by gOOse

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent features but voice quality disappointing
I have owned Panasonic KX-TG6481ET Rugged Drip and Dust Proofing DECT Single Phone Set - Black for the last three years. Mainly because my youngest just lurved to slobber all over phones when was small and it has been fantastic but now she is older, I thought I would go for something a little nicer looking and decided to stick with Panasonic.

The phones...
Published 14 months ago by TheShopaholic

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 8 Jun 2013
The sound quality is also excellent. I've had different BT models in the past and the line quality was always crackly and very quiet. These, on the other hand, produce a brilliant level of sound quality and the noise filter works a treat.

Very happy and would certainly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic is excellent., 28 Jun 2013
Excellent product. Very easy to install and the clarity is wonderful. In respect of telephones, this is the best decision I have made.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price, Solid performer, 8 Feb 2014
A. Camilleri - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Panasonic have been offering affordable, reliable cordless phones for a very long time now.

The key reasons which make this set ideal for older people:

○ Large clear display
○ Large keypad
○ Ease of use
○ Loud speakerphone
○ Looks great and sturdy build quality
○ Panasonic's reputation for reliability

The only difference between this set and the more expensive (over 30%) one is the lack of an answering machine. I do not see this as a deal breaker if your telephone company supports this function.

Highly recommend for anyone seeking a simple to use, reliable cordless phone set.

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear calls, easy setup, 23 July 2013
A. J. Parkes "sekrapa" (Dudley, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got these to replace an older Panasonic Twin Set phone with answer machine. The handsets look almost the same, apart from a more rounded feel and look. The screen is now bright white background (similar to a Nokia 6310i) instead of orange like the last ones. This is clearer and easier on the eyes. The buttons are still orange. It would have beet better if the buttons were the same white light rather than orange, but nothings perfect. The batteries that are supplied are 500 mah which is rather low, the last ones had 800 mah batteries. You will need to charge the phones first, so you can't just plug them in and use straight away, a little charge of 20 minutes is needed (well it was with my set). Set up is easy, adjust the time and date and you are away. I could not get my old and new hone to connect together to copy the numbers, so had to input them all manually, luckily this did not take too long. The great thing was as I did all one phone, I was looking for the option to copy them all to the other handset and they were already in there - they must have copied themselves over as I entered them.

Call quality was just as good as my older phones, if not slightly better. Easy to navigate menu which has kept the main headings to 6, easy to use. Great phones.

Again, the only downside is the orange keys with a bright white display - poor idea. Keep them all white!

I may regret not having the answering machine built in, but can have voice mail activated by the telecoms provider for free if needed, so not a deal breaker.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well designed, easy to use product., 28 July 2013
Tellboy (Manchester) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Apart from one thing below it was very easy to set up with the added bonus that the phone numbers you enter just appear on the second handset which before on earlier models were transferred wirelessly to the second handset through a menu.
I also like the selection of ringtones so I can set it differently to the one you always hear on the television and you are not sure if it is yours. The volume of the ringtone is also adjustable.
I dont know how many ringtones there are as the list goes on for ever.
I would have preferred a wall mounted cradle but it does seem to be stable emough.
Only thing I dont like is the glossy black upper half (like almost everything at the moment) which soon gets covered in fingerprints.
Initial setup was a bit confusing as I was looking for the grid like settings button in the guide on the phone but this is actually an onscreen icon that is only visible when the handset is removed from the cradle and disappears in the cradle. The set up guide is telling you to charge it first and the handset is telling you do the setup first. Once i found this out is was easy.
I like the push button "find the misplaced handset" feature. I could do with that on my TV remote.
There are less buttons to cause confusion than my previous Panasonic so a pleasure to use.

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent features but voice quality disappointing, 21 July 2013
TheShopaholic (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

The phones arrived, I stuck them on charge for a few hours and when they were ready plugged them into the phone socket. Wonderful, the main phone and the additional handset were already registered so I could use them straight away. I flipped through the features menu and found a few items that really impressed me like the night time function which automatically switches the phone into silent between specified hours. I often get unwanted calls early in the morning or late evening when I want to relax so I set this accordingly. Second thing I noticed was that I put some of the my contacts into the address book and noticed when I went to the additional handset that they were also automatically on that one too! With my older model, I had to do each handset's address book separately. Fantastic!!

I continued to play and set up my phones to how I wanted them. Then I came to using them. I use the phone a lot for work so it is important that I get good call quality. Nothing worse than having a long conversation where information being exchanged is vital and you cannot hear or are straining to hear. With the old Panasonic the call quality was excellent, it also had a socket for a headset which I sometimes used when on long phone calls (this one does not so that is a minus).

The first 3 phone calls I had were dodgy. I first thought that the caller was on a mobile but no. The calls sounded muffled and like the person on the other end was in a large room and some way from the mic. I tried using the NR (noise reduction button) but no real change or improvement. I asked the other caller if they could hear me ok and they said that I was crystal clear so the problem was evidently in the speaker on my end.

I since, tried fiddling with the settings and there is a setting for adjusting the 'equaliser' which I set at 'treble' as the calls sounded quite 'basey' and although there was a little improvement, this setting has to be done every time you make or take a call which is downright annoying.

So unfortunately, I have, for the time being, added one of my older handsets to the base unit and will continue to use that for work calls. Although I will try again with this unit, I cannot see that things will improve any.

Quite disappointed as the functionality of the phone really impressed me for the price. Battery life is good (the same as my previous model), I can take the handset off its base and make calls one after the other for several hours before I even need to consider putting it on charge but that does not make up for call quality when you spend as many hours as I do on the phone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cordless phones, 8 Jan 2014
Our old digital BT phones were long in the tooth and batteries didn't hold their charge for long despite replacing them, but the main issue was the sound quality which was so poor you couldn't easily hear the caller especially call centre type calls or people on hands free phones. I selected these ones as many if the reviews left by others said the sound quality was good and I 100% agree, they are so clear its a pleasure using the phones now. Dead easy to programme telephone numbers and handy you only have to do it on one phone. Definitely recommend them, easy to use set up.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very poor voice quality, 25 April 2014
The sound on this cordless phone is very poor and I regret my purchase would not recommend it at all

5.0 out of 5 stars best ive had?, 10 April 2014
Mark Roberts - See all my reviews
possibly the best phone ive had, you know the problem they look good you get them home and they are rubbish. not so for this phone, the batteries last for days between charges,the screen is easy to read and the volume is plenty loud enough, but beware they do not stand on your desk as they dont have square bottoms,one great thing about them is when entering a new contact into one handset it is automatically sent to the other handset. love this phone

5.0 out of 5 stars Great phones, 11 Mar 2014
Easy to set up and easy to use. Good clear display which lights up when in use. Good choice of ring tones and volume control. Base doesn't ring, just the handset which I prefer. Can also turn volume to silent. Easy to use phone book which displays name and number. Stylish looking phones. Great value for money.