5.0 out of 5 stars Present
I bought this as a present for my son at Christmas. He has been studying BSL at Uni for a couple of years now and is still doing it (as he works full time and has to do the course part time). The first thing he said when he opened it was..."Oh I wanted to get this" so another present that went down well.

I love when I get someone something they really...
Published 17 months ago by Ella

3.0 out of 5 stars same as Infatabale
This is the united kingdom version of Inflatable which is ok but no point buying if you have the other dvd.
Published 17 months ago by iceman877

5.0 out of 5 stars Present, 1 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Adam Hills: Happyism (Live 2013) [DVD] (DVD)

I love when I get someone something they really wanted!!

Adam Hills is very funny and some words he makes the signer, sign are hysterical. Great what you can learn too by watching this, and still be entertained at the same time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 20 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Adam Hills: Happyism (Live 2013) [DVD] (DVD)
Incredibly funny, skilfully crafted comedy. The sign interpreter Catherine King is a real gem. Positive, live affirming fun. Happyism.
This DVD can only be bettered by watching the live show. Worth every penny.
The label warns of "strong language" and recommends viewers to be 15 or over. Some of the words are indeed a bit rude but Adam Hills is never crude, spiteful or unpleasant, so I was more than happy for my 12-year-old to watch the DVD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid Comedy, 4 May 2014
This review is from: Adam Hills: Happyism (Live 2013) [DVD] (DVD)
A great stand-up show and thoroughly enjoyed by the whole family. This show is fairly similar to his 'Inflatable' show in places and if you're looking to try an Adam Hills show I'd recommend that one over this. Having said that, they both have their charms.
Definitely one of the better stand-up dvds of the year!

5.0 out of 5 stars Laugh out Loud!, 4 April 2014
MrsJ M. Hardman (Warks. UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Adam Hills: Happyism (Live 2013) [DVD] (DVD)
Happyism! It couldn't have a better title. I am a huge fan of "The Last Leg" and this really lived up to expectations. Adam Hills always comes over as a nice person and his humour is kind (except when it comes to racists) but I'm fine with that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely funny, brilliant DVD, 15 Feb. 2015
Vicky Welsby (NSW, Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Adam Hills: Happyism (Live 2013) [DVD] (DVD)
I've loved Adam Hills for years. When I first moved to Australia 10 years ago, he presented a show called "Spicks and Specks: which is basically an Australian version "Never Mind the Buzzcocks", and was extremely funny on that show. I've seen him on numerous things since then and have grown to be a huge fan. This DVD certainly doesn't disappoint. It's hilarious from start to finish. Adams comic timing and delivery is just brilliant and having a sign interpreter on stage with him is a superb idea, it's something every comedian should do. Superb DVD from one of the best comedians around at the moment.

4.0 out of 5 stars Charming Disarming and Fun, 4 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Adam Hills: Happyism (Live 2013) [DVD] (DVD)
Adam Hills is an Aussie. But don't hold that against him. I jest, a very good comedian who plays it his way.

this stand up routine features a lady who signs (BSL) throughout the performance so that the deaf in the audience can enjoy too.

I not only love Adam as a comedian but also his open and inclusive instincts.

This one isn't as funny as a stand up set he did in 2014, for C4 (I don't know if its on DVD but if it is get that as well) but it's still great

3.0 out of 5 stars same as Infatabale, 26 Jan. 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but lacked substance., 28 Nov. 2013
S Ablett "Orange Grunt" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Adam Hills: Happyism (Live 2013) [DVD] (DVD)
In this show Adam talks to the audience, gets us to clap the audience many times, thanks the audience and describes to the audience why there is an interpreter on stage. Without the audience bits, the show itself runs about 45 minutes. The show is basically a reflection on some of the weird places he has been asked to perform during the year.

Its amusing and he is able to slide in the occasional joke to keep it entertaining, but part of me wanted to see more substance and less filler. It lacked a coherent meaty topic of discussion and was all about what he did at another show, as this show your watching right now and paid money for is not as important as the show I'm going to talk to you about. For me the most important audience in the world is the one sat right in front of you. Continually talking about other audiences as though there more interesting than you gets a bit annoying, grating and eventually boring as he doesn't really talk about anything else.

Having said that, the stories are amusing and you wont regret watching the show but if his next dvd is all about what happens between this and the following year, I will be disappointed.

He also engineered a standing ovation. I get it, this is a dvd recording so you can bring out the bells and wheels to orchestrate it. I get that. I actually respect it as it shows he has a brain in his head and he's thinking about what he wants to demonstrate which very few stand-ups do anymore.

His act is almost clean of swearing. He makes a point of showing us the 12 year old in the audience so smut, bad language and sexual innuendo is at a minimum, but still there.

Its a good purchase and he is a great comedian but having seen his more topical routines elsewhere, I know he has better material than what is performed in this show. I know this is his first release, so I reckon its still early days for him and his next show will be bigger and better. Hopefully with more reflections on life in general that we (the audience) can relate to. Its hard to relate to performing on tv and with the muppets when no-one in the audience has been there also.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 9 July 2014
Fantastically hilarious.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really love this Guy., 27 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Adam Hills: Happyism (Live 2013) [DVD] (DVD)
I first saw Adam Hills in Australia many years ago, thought he was so funny then, and his gone from strength to strength, and in my eyes he is one of the funniest guys on todays comic circuit. Watch it and have a good laugh.

Adam Hills: Happyism (Live 2013) [DVD]
Adam Hills: Happyism (Live 2013) [DVD] by Adam Hills (DVD - 2013)