on 3 February 2014
The phone (in my case Galaxy S3 with a heavy case) is held securely, unless you try to adjust the positioning on the vent, in which case the whole thing can easily come away. But if you decide on positioning and leave it be it does it's job well. Only problem is it is very visible and I feel the need to take it off each time I park in case it draws unwelcome attention.

Arrived promptly
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 August 2014
Good cheap item, bit fiddly to fit but did work as suggested.
It was a bit loose at first but we managed to fir it & an I phone for Sat Nav whilst in France.
Phone felt secure in its cradle, but did slip a couple of times when not secured properly.
on 9 July 2014
I bought this unit and a similar "Gear Universal Car Air / AC Vent Mount with Adjustable Rotating Cradle - Black" as they together were free postage and thus cost only a little more than just one of the units plus postage. The rear of both units were absolutely identical - probably made in the same factory. They fit the vents in our Volvo with no problem and are quite firm when the car is in motion. I like how easy they are to unclip and hide away when not needed. I am bemused at some of the reviewers who have recorded that they would have liked instructions - the fitting technique and adjustability seemed pretty obvious to me (and to my wife, who is a self proclaimed mechanical dunce).

The actual phone cradle on this Bingsdale unit is strong and provides good grip. The two side arms extend outwards quite a long way to be able to accomodate wide phones.
on 12 September 2013
quick delivery,happy with description but.......
unit holds the phone well but its does not clamp to the car well.Flops all over the place.tried in two cars and no difference.sorry its gone in a draw never to be seen again.
on 12 March 2014
Headline says it all, the fixed 90 degree angle of the metal arm meant the device did not sit properly after fitting.

The large hook at the end also had to be forced through the slats of the vent to mount the device risking damage to the car.

Mount is overly large, and would only fit at all on the vents either side of the steering wheel, when mounted in either of these access to indicators, wipers etc was impeded.

Build quality is quite poor, my HTC One did not feel secure in this device, had it fitted perfectly I still would not have risked using it.
on 27 March 2014
This is only OK as it does not fit to my vent in a very stable manner. It bounces about a bit but can be stableised a little by tightening the small screws. I found it needs a bit of tape to keep it really secure.
on 10 October 2014
This is the second one of these I have bought.

I have found this to be a rugged piece of kit, very impressive at this price point. In my case the holder grips the vent slats well and the little feet stabilise the phone with the pads perfectly placed to stop the steadying arms from damaging the dash, all cars are different so I can't comment on all applications but works on a BMW X1 (bit of a fiddle to get the top arm through the grille) and a perfect fit on a MK3 Range Rover.

In all, very pleased with the product, the only reason I have needed a replacement is that, although sturdy, it won't take a full weight sideways impact from a fully laden laptop bag ... who'd have thought. In fairness it had survived previous glancing blows. In the final case the phone holder broke at it weakest point which was brilliant, rather that than have to replace the air vent at who knows what cost.

You may find that on some phones the bottom supporting shelf blocks the charge point (iPhone 5) but I have found that the side arms hold the phone perfectly securely with the shelf folded away. The iPhone 6 is a better fit with the shelf out and the side arms not quite as tight (or it puts pressure on the charger plug).

All in all a good buy and when it came to buying this replacement I was pleased to see that the product was still available.
on 17 December 2013
I got this to fit my Nissan Almera which doesn't suit any of the dash, or windscreen mounted phone holders. When it arrived I was surprised to see it was packed in a plain plastic bag with no branding, or instructions. I had to go on the web to find out how to fix it, I finally found something on YouTube.
The phone holder itself does the job, but it's not very attractive and feels flimsy. I don't have much confidence that it will last long, especially if it gets knocked. There isn't enough movement in the holder to angle to phone towards the driver if the holder is positioned on the left vent in the central console of my vehicle.
In summary, it does the job, but not brilliantly, which is acceptable at this price.
on 6 June 2014
No instructions: but then you wouldn't expect to need them. It doesn't sit well, nor stay secure in the vent. I'm probably not doing it right, but I'm no idiot and it isn't obvious how it is supposed to work. More fool me, I bought two as my wife has the same phone and we've a car each. Still: they were cheap and I can't be arsed to return them and pay postage etc.
on 11 August 2014
This is definitely one of the best universal car cradles I have ever owned, fits perfectly near the steering wheel for quick and easy access and folds away in seconds when not in use during the weekend.