Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£3.99

on 17 February 2006
I adored this book as a child and would ask my Grandmother to read it over and over again.
The story of a burglar like nobody else can tell it. Bill spends his days sleeping and his nights as a master criminal burglar! He will steal anything, baked beans, a toothbrush, a basket!!! Until one night he picks up more than he bargained for!
This is definitely one for children of all ages. You and your child will laugh so much at the super silly Burglar Bill!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 14 March 2007
The story of Burglar Bill, Burglar Betty and the baby was a great favourite with my children 30 years and more ago, and it's still a great favourite now that the generation moves on. Burglar Bill is not at all alarming, just the opposite, and it's nice that he finds happiness with Burglar Betty in the end. The pictures are lovely and the text is simple,direct and kindly.
on 10 November 2009
Burglar Bill is a funny fictional childrens book. The story focusses on Bill and his burglaring habbits. One night when Bill is out stealing he gets more than he wants. By the end of the story Bill sees the error of his ways and becomes an honest man.

We liked the bright funny illstrations throughout the book. One of our favourites is the babies nappy (towel) which looks like a big tennis ball after Bill changes it. We found this story silly and exciting in a funny way.

We would recommend this book to children and adults because we think it is a really fantastic story. This book has been out for a very long time and still remains a very popular story. Adults can read it to their children and grandchildren.

By Lori,Chloe B,Chloe G,Victoria,Jordan R and Jordan A.
on 17 February 2008
This book is one of the lasting memories of my childhood and luckily I still have the same copy from back then that I can now read to my own children. My youngest is 2 and she sometimes lacks the patience to wait for me to read all the text before jumping ahead to the next page but the charming illustrations enable her to have a good grasp of the story anyway. She loves the Burglar Cat and Burglar Baby.

It will always have pride of place on my bookshelf as it holds lovely memories for me and I hope my children look back on it with fondness in the years to come too.
on 2 July 2005
I read this book over and over again as a child and adored it. I am now buying a copy for a friend's baby son. Not too cutesy, just a wonderful innocent book. Every kid should have this.
on 29 January 2002
We borrowed this book from a friend and it has not yet made its way back, in fact I'm here to buy another because we can't bear to let it go. There are few books I enjoy reading over and over but this is one of them. The characterisations are delightful and if you like to act (I do) are great fun to read with someone small next to you. Bill and Betty come quite naturally to realise the error of their ways and, importantly, make amends. The moral is there but it doesn't slap you round the face, after all no-one likes to be condescended to, least of all children. Bill, Betty and the baby are hilarious and their story surprising and very funny....we think this is a bit of a classic.
on 3 December 2006
My son loved this book. From an early age he'd ask for it to be read to him. I've bought this book for friends children, nieces and nephews and all have enjoyed it as much as my son when he was young. A lovely simple story with a morale that encourages interest in books and reading.
on 16 February 1999
I like this book because it's nice. It's funny and it's not scary, and it's happy. The characters are nice even though they're burglars. The pictures are colorful and the story makes me laugh, and it has a happy ending. We heard the tape at school and really liked it.
on 11 August 2014
I remember this story from my childhood. I loved it them, I love it now, and I hope my son will come to love it as much as I do! The illustrations really make this a great book, and the story is heartwarming and fun at the same time.

So why not five stars? Well, I bought the kindle version and I think the publisher could have done more to adapt this for the kindle. Don't ask me exactly how! (though making the text more reader friendly, and changing the lay-out of some of the pages would be a start).

As things stand, I'd say the physical book would likely be much better than the electronic version.
on 8 June 2015
I love this book, but would have given it no stars if possible, it was described as being in good condition and when it arrived it was crumpled, damp and stank of mould (there were actually grey/yellow mould patches on the inside cover and some of the pages). Disgusting that someone thinks its ok to sell something in this condition!