Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£6.61

on 11 May 2013
It is a good book, written in easy language. It includes some good examples which reflect practical complexity. It also includes necessary technical tips. It features however 2 defaults, usual with computer books:
1) Childish step-by-step instructions: I think most of us now understand how to use a Windows interface, and there is no need to repeat ad nauseum how to add columns in a view, how to delete fields, etc... This takes space and time to read.
2) Book is split in sections which cover one aspect (Table, Queries, Reports, Forms...), and it digs in depth each section. I would prefer to have first a global overview of each aspect, then go in depth. I therefore recommend that you first read the first chapter of each section, then the second, and the third.
But altogether I can see that a lot of efforts were made for this book, and it justifies its price.
on 2 February 2015
This book is pleasant to read because it has a flow to it which allows me to absorb what I am learning and I am not struggling with spending the time on the subject. It has a clarity and a conciseness so I can learn quickly and it is doing it's intended job because I am already able to create quite complex databases with this, youtube and Udemy
on 18 April 2014
Nice easy fun guide. Well recommended if like me you want to brush up on your skills and get a wide ranging overview of all the key components of Access. A good primer.
on 5 December 2015
From start to finish I found it to be a great manual!
on 17 August 2014
I have purchased "Missing Manuals" before, and generally been pleased with them; as I'm self-taught, I can't do without decent software guides. I am in the process of moving data from another program into Access, and of course there are difficulties. It might have got five stars but for an important work-around not working as described, but of course it may be me! I have some way to go before I can be considered halfway competent in basic Access, and provide a proper review. As I have not tried any other manuals on Access, I'm not in a position to compare it with any others.
on 3 December 2015