Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£21.95

on 27 May 2013
I bought Access 2010 Inside Out, and was very happy with it. 2013 has some major changes and I wanted some guidance but the inside out book has not been released yet. So I thought this was the next best thing. Wrong. Access 2013 Bible is -for me - easier to follow and the examples more meaningful. The only thing I had trouble with was finding the accompanying materials on the website which makes it look like you are going to download the book again. Confusing. Once over that hurdle, nirvana.
on 1 April 2014
I'd class myself as an intermediate access user, having worked with several (large-ish) databases, written all types of queries and dabbled in some elementary Access VBA

However, I'd never got my head round all the different types of options for tables, the relationships diagram, or database design. This book has done this all, this evening (I only bought today). Worth the money & I haven't finished Chapter 4 yet.

The style is very clear & written by an author who knows his subject. Examples are always practical and there are lots of tips in terms of common pitfalls and suggestions for efficiency savings

Suitable for beginner (although be prepared to invest the time working through examples) to advanced intermediate users, and my guess is that there's even material here for advanced users who want a refresh for the latest version of Access

Also I've only got Access 2010 & everything so far is applicable. He points out when 2013 features are new & their equivalents in prior versions.
on 15 December 2013
This book is a very complete account of the workings and usage of ACCESS database. Ideally it provides a complete course which would take many hours of study, I would have preferred a briefer version not orientated to business use., but I need to handle a relational database and have found it valuable . I have tried a number of other books without satisfaction. Not suitable for beginners and hard going for an occasional user. To me it is worth the price.
on 1 April 2015
I dare say that this book is very good. This said, Wiley provide a link to download the accompanying files to go with the book. On trying to download these, I find the link is broken. It's obvious that website links can break so I contacted Wiley Uk to inform them of this. I was directed to the US site where I used the chat via text system. The person I communicated with noted the problem and apologized and informed me that she would speak with the technical department. Near on 2 weeks have passed and still the broken link has not been repaired to enable the download. Perhaps the book deserves more than a single star but customer care from Wiley is very poor.

Update:
I have now waited 3 and half weeks for the link at Wiley to be repaired so that I can download the accompanying files. This has not be rectified so I am now returning the book to Amazon. Note. If you are interested in this book, do check that the link is operative before you commit to a purchase.
on 20 March 2014
I have both editions of this book as it's too large to carry around in my laptop bag in hardcopy!
I've not yet read the whole book, that will take a while, but initial impressions are that it is well laid out, the text is clear in form and content, with explanations well written and clear even,I suspect, forthe complete novice. It also takesa very logical approach from concepts through to practicalities so it's easy to follow.
My only gripe would be on the hardcopy version where the cover is anything but hard.... it is almost paper thin and will not offer much protection to the content at all, in fact it has already curled up of it's own volition!
Get yourself a Kindle or Kindle App on your tablet or phone and read it that way!!
on 6 January 2014
Very clear and concise book which covers most of the items and intricacies of access that will be adequate for most users
on 15 March 2015
This is a great book that I feel takes someone from a complete beginner through to having an advanced knowledge.

The author has a great way of getting his point across and there are plenty of examples to work through.

What I also liked is that there were plenty of screenshots that demonstrated exactly what happens in the examples, should you attempt them. I found this really useful as it meant I could read through and understand things whilst commuting on the train, without having to use a laptop to do each and every example, as a lot of the time the screenshots are more than sufficient.

Great book and if recommend this to anyone looking to get to an advanced level in Access, yet it's well written enough to be picked up by complete newbies.
on 15 July 2014
Very well put together manual takes you through in easy stages.
on 10 March 2016
A very in-depth book but even for intermediate level users of access it took some concentrating on how the examples were achieved as the explanations came across as quite technical and therefore assumed a knowledge of that area of access. Unfortunately it was like this all the way and so the assumption being that a user knew all aspects of access at the same level. Personally I would have preferred a more user friendly commentary on how to achieve certain tasks. That said it wasn't a bad read but not a bedtime read or one that you would just pick up and casually explore a particular aspect of access.
on 19 December 2014
Authoritive, comprehensive and very, very useful in those moments of indecisiveness or uncertainty.