5.0 out of 5 stars Tasty sugar-free sweets.
Bought these for my god-daughters birthday party. Went down a treat. Good to know that they are sugar free, don't have any nasty additives and are actually good for teeth. Also bought the strawberry and vanilla flavour.
Published 16 months ago by Ellen42

3.0 out of 5 stars Strange aftertaste
Published 7 months ago by Claretta

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Unexpected side effect..., 16 April 2014
Mr. Guy Mcevoy "Geek In Denial" (Birmingham, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Peppersmith tingz 100% xylitol sweets - Orange and Mandarin 15 g (Pack of 18, Total 450 Sweets) (Grocery)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm up for the idea of sugar-free 'sweets'. I'm fatter than I would like but living without any sense of indulgence seems a miserable price to pay. Surely, there must be some 'treats' that don't have to have a calorie slap? I thought these things may hit the spot. They're quite difficult to describe - slightly softer and bigger than, say a tic tac, but the same sort of flavour and feel in mouth. OK to taste, but more for giving a sense of freshness in the mouth than for feeling like a treat. The big thing though is that the two packets I had, each time, justified the warning on the packet that 'this product may have a laxative effect'. I'll leave that there. Perhaps it will help with the weight loss.

3.0 out of 5 stars Strange aftertaste, 2 Mar 2014
Claretta (London, England) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These are really quite peculiar - they taste quite nice while you're eating them (although a bit flavourless - I'd have liked a much stronger citrus flavour) but once you've finished them they leave you feeling a bit queasy. There's a definite afteraste which is a bit chemical. Is it that I'm so used to the taste of sugar? Whatever the reason, I'm afraid I won't be buying these again.

4.0 out of 5 stars I enjoyed them, 15 Mar 2014
David (SPECTRE Island) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Despite the number of negative reviews I was quite keen to try these sweets. I really like most of the sugar free sweets on the market despite having a sweet tooth. While the flavour wasn't really strong the sweets tasted very nice and I found them very enjoyable. The size of the sweets (about the size of a peanut) does make them unsuitable for young children as a young child could choke on them. Appart from that I would recommend them and will certainly purchase more of Tingz sweets in the future.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great sweet treat that won't raise your blood sugar, 26 Jan 2014
V. Nicholl (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
I have a sweet tooth, but apart from the fact that I don't like the taste of artificial sweeteners, I am wary of them because I've read reports they might actually be worse for you that sugar and encourage weight gain. Peppersmith do a range of natural sweeter (xylitol) products and I'm rather liking their orange and mandarin rings. They are a great low calorie treat when I've got a craving, and while they are a bit pricy, I wouldn't want to eat them every day, so work as an occasional treat. Definitely worth trying to see if they are to your taste if you are looking for what appears to be a healthy sweet treat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tasty sugar-free sweets., 12 Jun 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Suck or crunch?, 20 Mar 2014
S. P. Maillou "stevepm1952" (Loughton,Essex) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As a diabetic I'm glad of any sugar free sweets I can get hold of. These are not bad. They are quite fruity with a minimum of after taste from the sweetners. The only problem is they are so damn small that you can't really suck them. I crunched my way through a whole packet in about 5 minutes. This is not so good as the sweetners can have a laxative effect.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fruity, 17 April 2014
J. S. Bundy (London United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These small orangey sweets reminded me of the vitamin pills I had as a child. However, that aside, they gave a good sweet, fruity hit and were very tasty. I think that you might have to limit the amount eaten as they contain sorbitol which can be a bit dodgy on the old tum, but at least they aren't ruining teeth!

2.0 out of 5 stars Sweets cunningly disguised as tablets, 15 April 2014
Miss "crazyminx" (Coventry) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am trying to look after my teeth better, so I was pleased to receive these sweets. However my pleasure quickly disappeared!

The sweets come in small packets, which are difficult to open and I usually ended up ripping them, meaning that the sweets were then difficult to keep inside the packet.

The sweets are small, yellow-orange, and look exactly like tablets. I question the wisdom of giving sweets that look like tablets to children, seeing as we're supposed to discourage them from seeing tablets as sweets.

They also taste exactly like vitamin C tablets! They're not horrible as such, and if you were desperate for something sweet they would probably do, but I can't imagine actually wanting to eat them.

They may be good for your teeth, but there are several other brands that make sugar-free sweets which are much nicer. I would recommend the Sula range instead, especially the Butterscotch and Strawberries & Cream flavours.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tasty and very 'moreish'!, 13 April 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These little sweets are delicious! The ingredients are all natural which means that the flavour is pleasant, not artificial and overpowering. I have never been a big fan of sweets because I don't like artificial flavours, colours or sweeteners but these are sweetened with xylitol which is great because it is beneficial for teeth. I am surprised to see that they only have a 3-star average rating: I would definitely recommend them!

3.0 out of 5 stars Slightly too much of a sharp taste for my liking, 7 April 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These taste nice during consumption, but afterwards there is a bit of an aftertaste, I think? Maybe it's a "during taste".

I reckon, if you only get a chance to have one flavour, have Strawberry and Vanilla ones.

Apart from that, what's not to like? They're good for your teeth. If you have too many, you might get the runs! You'd have to be pretty rich to scoff loads though.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›