VINE VOICEon 29 June 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
So far I've been very impressed with this system

The speakers are well built from solid and the subwoofer has a robust wooden frame and legs. In terms of duribility, this system is great and it also looks stylish with all black and silver finish to the speakers. The system itself is very easy to set up (it took me less than 5 min and it comes with all the leads and connections needed to connect it to PC/ TV / Laptop) and the volume contol consists of one knob on the right hand speaker with males it very straight forward and simple to use.

The sound qaulity on this system is also very impressive. As well as it being very loud, there is a depth and warmth in the sound that I have been very impressed with - At present I have these connected to my laptop and watching DVDs on it has become almost like a cinema experience due to the sound quality of these speakers....they really are very impressive.

On the whole, this system is solidly buit, easy to set up and use and provides excellent sound quality. I'm very impressed with it and would highly recommend it.
on 9 December 2014
The sound is good for the money; I'm squeezed into a tiny bedroom in a terraced house so I can't listen to anything loud but these are fine for my current circumstances. However, I am having to send them back for a refund because they constantly switch themselves off, even when I am listening to something. It's far too annoying to put up with and sadly makes the speakers useless.
on 16 December 2014
I bought this to replace an old Creative speaker system similar to this one after a connection became unusable so as i love the system and the sound i wanted to go with the same type of style. The product looks great with fantastic packaging the product condition is faultless, so why the three stars you ask? well its simply because it doesn't have bass control which is highly annoying, I know I should have checked but being a woofer it really should have this control. also it has more wires than was needed, I appreciate they designed it so that the volume button is on the side of the speaker but the old design was Groovy as it was. I maybe should have spent a bit more! Saying that im keeping it as the sound is of very high quality, crisp and clear. these are handy systems to have and i will probably pass this on to my daughter so that she can play music through her laptop or phone without driving me crazy with the horrible tinny sound. :)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Many of us know what to expect with this type of audio; a sound designed to be impressive rather than accurate.

I've been using a long-since discontinued cheap Logitech set ('Logitech S200 Speakers (2.1)' on Amazon) for daily listening to DAB radio.

In comparison to the Logitech, this Creative has a more impressive sound but much less control..

The only control is a rotary on/off/volume control to the side of the right speaker. Of course, one can usually leave this near max and control the volume of your input device instead.

The main problem I have is that there is no tone or separate sub control. This wouldn't be a problem if the sound was balanced but for me the bass is hideously dominant. It almost 'rings' at the resonant frequency and although it goes lower very pleasingly, I find it grating whenever it hits this hump. NB: I do not like 'punchy' bass, you may have different tastes.

I stuck a loosely folded yellow duster into the sub's port which was a great improvement for me and reigned-in the over-enthusiastic bass which made for more enjoyable extended casual listening. I also preferred to place the sub OFF the floor and on a shelf instead.

The satellites are fantastic at the higher frequencies and produce a super stereo effect. Hi-hats etc really sing which is a great eye-opener (or ear-opener?). I placed these high-up so they were nearer ear-level for full appreciation/immersion.

All the fuss Creative are making about the 'DSE' folded horn system on the satellites is a bit bemusing; it's the blasted SUB which is in dire need of a folded horn, not the satellites which produce no bass whatsoever!

Both satellites are connected to the sub via 1.4 Metre leads. The mains lead to the sub is also 1.4 Metres long as is the input lead with a 3.5mm stereo jack on the end which connects to the right speaker. This should be adequate for most situations -even if you choose to house the set on a shelf(!)

Overall a great package and good value. Excellent clarity of high frequencies if a humpy lower end and an expected lack of warm midrange. SOME control over the tone or sub is conspicuously absent.

The speakers' styling are as they appear in the picture. I used a permanent marker to change the silver rings to black as I found them distracting/cheap looking. This worked fine after a few 'coats'.

The system is snugly packaged in recyclable cardboard. There are reams and reams of safety warnings included in several pamphlets but for assembly instructions there's just a simple diagram on the box itself!

[My Ref: Creative 2.1 System with great highs / ringing sub needs work. June 2013]
on 20 March 2015
I purchased these to replace my 10 year old 2.0 PC speakers whoose cable had started to fray. The sound quality is very good, making a superb attempt at the difficult music tracks I used to audtion my £500+ stereo speakers. They are a bit bass heavy, but not to an objectionable extent for normal use, and this is fine for action games.
There are 3 caveats though, non of which should prevent you from considering these, but do be aware of them:
1) The on/off switch is also the volume switch, so you cannot set the correct volume level and then leave it there, turning them on and off as you please.
2) There is no headphone socket. Which means I need to unplug them when I want to use my headset. One of my main uses is playing online games, and when I team up, I need to unplug the speakers, turning them off first so losing my set volume, then plug the headset in. When finished with teamspeak, I need to swap the plugs again and re-adjust the volume.
3) They have a 'power save' mode (not optional), where they turn themselves off when there is no input. A notification ping (email for example) will re-activate them, but will not actually play the sound.
VINE VOICEon 27 July 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
For the price of these speakers they are excellent value for money. They have a pretty good sound quality and listening to music through the computer is as good as most stereo systems, they look attractive too. I cannot find any fault with these speakers and therefore I can recommend them anyone who does not want to fork out large sums of money.
VINE VOICEon 15 August 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
As a first pass test I hooked this up to my mobile phone and played a few songs. The range was good, compared to what I typically use (headphones or a small wireless speaker), the inclusion of the small sub woofer made a big difference to the music at my BBQ.

Secondly I plugged it up to my TV and again the performance was very good considering the size. In fact the sound quality was a huge leap from the poor built in TV speakers, so good in fact that my dad, upon hearing my set up, decided to order one of his own. It can't be overstated how much difference it makes having speakers like this, instead of settling for built in TV or PC monitor speakers. Night and day.

Recommended.
on 25 July 2014
Really great speakers for people on a budget, some really good technology going on at this price and you can really hear it even compared to a set of £85 logitech 2,0.
3 stars because the audio decent and there is no subwoofer control.
on 27 November 2013
Base is good, mid and high are terrible.
Sometimes it just suddenly stop working completely for no reason. I have to turn it off & on to get it working again.
This happens about twice in an hour, on average.
Annoying.
VINE VOICEon 17 July 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
For an entry level speaker this A250 is a surprisingly good product. Ordinarily that might not be saying much, as let's face it most entry level speaker systems are pretty dire, but for the price this A250 is a very good bit of kit with good sound and sturdy design. If you're looking for good - and cheap - entry level speakers that deliver the goods and don't cost the earth then you'll be hard pressed to find better ones than this.