5.0 out of 5 stars Great sound and well made

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless - constantly switching off
Published 18 days ago by E. Follett

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sound and well made, 29 Jun 2013
D. Richards (South Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Creative A250 (2.1) Speaker System with Down-firing Ported Subwoofer (Accessory)
So far I've been very impressed with this system

The speakers are well built from solid and the subwoofer has a robust wooden frame and legs. In terms of duribility, this system is great and it also looks stylish with all black and silver finish to the speakers. The system itself is very easy to set up (it took me less than 5 min and it comes with all the leads and connections needed to connect it to PC/ TV / Laptop) and the volume contol consists of one knob on the right hand speaker with males it very straight forward and simple to use.

The sound qaulity on this system is also very impressive. As well as it being very loud, there is a depth and warmth in the sound that I have been very impressed with - At present I have these connected to my laptop and watching DVDs on it has become almost like a cinema experience due to the sound quality of these speakers....they really are very impressive.

On the whole, this system is solidly buit, easy to set up and use and provides excellent sound quality. I'm very impressed with it and would highly recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Put a sock in it!, 25 Jun 2013
Pallus (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Many of us know what to expect with this type of audio; a sound designed to be impressive rather than accurate.

I've been using a long-since discontinued cheap Logitech set ('Logitech S200 Speakers (2.1)' on Amazon) for daily listening to DAB radio.

In comparison to the Logitech, this Creative has a more impressive sound but much less control..

The only control is a rotary on/off/volume control to the side of the right speaker. Of course, one can usually leave this near max and control the volume of your input device instead.

The main problem I have is that there is no tone or separate sub control. This wouldn't be a problem if the sound was balanced but for me the bass is hideously dominant. It almost 'rings' at the resonant frequency and although it goes lower very pleasingly, I find it grating whenever it hits this hump. NB: I do not like 'punchy' bass, you may have different tastes.

I stuck a loosely folded yellow duster into the sub's port which was a great improvement for me and reigned-in the over-enthusiastic bass which made for more enjoyable extended casual listening. I also preferred to place the sub OFF the floor and on a shelf instead.

The satellites are fantastic at the higher frequencies and produce a super stereo effect. Hi-hats etc really sing which is a great eye-opener (or ear-opener?). I placed these high-up so they were nearer ear-level for full appreciation/immersion.

All the fuss Creative are making about the 'DSE' folded horn system on the satellites is a bit bemusing; it's the blasted SUB which is in dire need of a folded horn, not the satellites which produce no bass whatsoever!

Both satellites are connected to the sub via 1.4 Metre leads. The mains lead to the sub is also 1.4 Metres long as is the input lead with a 3.5mm stereo jack on the end which connects to the right speaker. This should be adequate for most situations -even if you choose to house the set on a shelf(!)

Overall a great package and good value. Excellent clarity of high frequencies if a humpy lower end and an expected lack of warm midrange. SOME control over the tone or sub is conspicuously absent.

The speakers' styling are as they appear in the picture. I used a permanent marker to change the silver rings to black as I found them distracting/cheap looking. This worked fine after a few 'coats'.

The system is snugly packaged in recyclable cardboard. There are reams and reams of safety warnings included in several pamphlets but for assembly instructions there's just a simple diagram on the box itself!

[My Ref: Creative 2.1 System with great highs / ringing sub needs work. June 2013]

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 27 July 2013
White Eagle - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is an excellent system.
I connected it via the 3mm standard earphones connection (I think that is the only way to connect it but is the easiest for me anyways) to my laptop & it provides excellent sound. The bass, acoustics are crisp & clear.
I also connected it to my iPhone but it is not as good sound but is still OK.
There is also an on/off button with volume control which is an extra.
Even better is the price ratio. For this price, you cannot go wrong! (£25.79 at time of going to press)!

This is an excellent buy if you want to enhance your music playing via your laptop,

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless - constantly switching off, 9 Dec 2014
E. Follett (Hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews
The sound is good for the money; I'm squeezed into a tiny bedroom in a terraced house so I can't listen to anything loud but these are fine for my current circumstances. However, I am having to send them back for a refund because they constantly switch themselves off, even when I am listening to something. It's far too annoying to put up with and sadly makes the speakers useless.

5.0 out of 5 stars One word: Wow, 22 April 2014
These speakers are amazing for £25 pounds! The audio is so clear and there is lots of bass. I would definitely recommend

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Purchase bad design., 16 Dec 2014
I bought this to replace an old Creative speaker system similar to this one after a connection became unusable so as i love the system and the sound i wanted to go with the same type of style. The product looks great with fantastic packaging the product condition is faultless, so why the three stars you ask? well its simply because it doesn't have bass control which is highly annoying, I know I should have checked but being a woofer it really should have this control. also it has more wires than was needed, I appreciate they designed it so that the volume button is on the side of the speaker but the old design was Groovy as it was. I maybe should have spent a bit more! Saying that im keeping it as the sound is of very high quality, crisp and clear. these are handy systems to have and i will probably pass this on to my daughter so that she can play music through her laptop or phone without driving me crazy with the horrible tinny sound. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars top draw, 12 Dec 2013
great product for the price, using for in a bedroom mac setup and the bass,volume,clarity are great.
really nice product

4.0 out of 5 stars Great sound, hard to change levels, 9 Dec 2013
I love these speakers and for the price I got them they are exceptional.
However, it seems to be impossible to change the sound levels (especially the amount of bass) without the help of some external program.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the money, 9 Dec 2013
For anyone wanting some cheap speakers for gaming, movies or music, buy these. The bass does crackle a bit at full volume but you will never get loud enough to play it to that loudness.

4.0 out of 5 stars Thumping in Subwoofer, 9 Dec 2013
Bass is good, so as the speakers, but has a particle thumping in the subwoofer box as if there was some nut on the speaker itself. Only happens in frequencies below 80Hz but it's annoying when you're looking for bass. Also the cables are a bit short, but overall the system is good for it's price.