4.0 out of 5 stars Rest your eyes while reading small print.
I found these glasses by accident. There doesn't seem to be anyting in the way of scientific studies to verify their effectiveness, but I like the thinking behind them. Instead of straining to see small print, or using lenses that will make your eyes lazy, rather use these which allow your eyes to relax while letting you read the smallest of print.

They do take...
Published 9 months ago by Mr Baines

3.0 out of 5 stars Understood the theory - didn't really work in practice.
Fine in theory; not so sure about practice. Since most of the 'visible surface' is actually solid black, the amount of light getting through is markedly reduced and the user ends up 'peering' through the pinholes (which rather defeats the purpose).
Published 8 months ago by Barry Lees

4.0 out of 5 stars Rest your eyes while reading small print., 28 Aug. 2014
Mr Baines (Somewhere in the Netherlands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 4sold (TM) Dioptric pinhole with metal hinges GridGlasses Pinhole glasses for eyesight strengthening Pinhole Glasses for Eyesight Strengthening - Unisex Black - unisex black (Eyewear)

They do take some getting used to because the pinholes mean you have a series of "windows" through which you look. I find myself moving my head from side to side as I locate the best angle for reading. However, once I have done this it is just a case of following the text. Where it gets difficult is when you have to make big eye movements, such as when reading pieces of text spread out on your desk. I wouldn't wear these for driving of when operating potentially dangerous equipment. By contrast, when watching television, they are quite comfortable with a small amount of distortion, but you soon get used to it.

The quallity is not brilliant but they seem sturdy enough. I carry them in my backpack and they get a fair bit of rough treatment.

Style-wise, they remind me of the glasses worn in The Matrix. From a distance they do look like sunglasses.

5.0 out of 5 stars they may not be particularly good quality but have proved to be perfectly acceptable, 14 July 2014
I purchased these for my wife as she has early stage cataracts and found images on the television were bluring.
She says they take a bit of getting used to but now wears them whenever the television is on.
When I bought them I thought that, at that price, they may not be particularly good quality but have proved to be perfectly acceptable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Try these they really Work, 6 Oct. 2014
Again I would recommend this product. I wear glasses and every year or so I have to upgrade my prescription.
I have just been reading a book with pinhole glasses that would normally be a blur without my normal glasses. I just read 3 chapters without my prescribed glasses...thank you

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, 22 Jun. 2014
They came very quickly, cheap and cheerful. I would recommend these to people who are short sighted like myself. Wear them for 10-15 minutes a day and you will feel your eyes getting better. Although not medically proven yet you can feel the difference from the first time you wear them.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic, 25 Jun. 2014
delivered very promptly
great value for money
the glasses are absolutely amazing considering there is no glass
i would recommend these to anyone needing glasses/ contacts, can't wait to throw my glasses away

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic, 18 April 2014
hey work, it is amazing how impessing is the difference before and after. I think it is a very good eye exercise. I bought extra pinhole glasses to give them as a gift to my friends and they loved them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Might not work for everyone but..., 14 July 2013
D. Reynolds "'" (Hackney, London United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
...Seeing difference within a week of wearing. I know it's working, initially feels like I'm wearing my Nan's glasses. My Dad with diabetes couldn't see through them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, 16 Jun. 2014
Item arrived at time. A very good exercises glasses for your eyes. I wear it every morning, you have to get used to wear it. Recommended

3.0 out of 5 stars Understood the theory - didn't really work in practice., 9 Sept. 2014
Barry Lees (Greenock, Strathclyde Scotland) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars then another slightly dearer pair for a friend - I wondered if the quality may be better of the more expensive pair, 15 Jan. 2015
I bought these first, then another slightly dearer pair for a friend - I wondered if the quality may be better of the more expensive pair, but it isn't - the glasses are identical and do the same job! I still have some multiple vision / tunnel effect when wearing, but can watch tv / cinema adverts in them no problem, and am hoping they may exercise my eyes which have become increasingly dependent on glasses for short-sightedness and I now have many related problems which I am hoping these may help, even a little, to
alleviate. They are comfortable and restful, though a little strange.