£13.99 is a reasonable price for these short, but I guess now I've learned what doubling the price for a better pair of shorts might get you.

These shorts arrived with the kind of fabric finish you get on work overalls. Not quite shiny but kind of... built to a price. One wash was enough to reveal the actual cotton finish and after wearing them once there were permanent creases across the front. This would be quite reasonable, given the price, except for three other things:

- When I sit wearing them and look at the stitching, particularly the line of stitching that runs around your leg, it feels like they were run through the sewing machine by someone who was tired, maybe the shift was coming to an end or they had other things on their mind. If the person in charge of quality control had a tape measure I imagine they would have rejected my pair.

- The pockets are designed for someone with small hands, being about an inch too short. This means it's not exactly great to put your hands in them, but also if you put your cash or wallet in there you don't feel like it's tucked far enough inside. I lost a £5 note the first time I wore them so I might be particularly biased about this.

- the waist band on most trousers has some kind of reinforcement so that when you sit down it doesn't fold in half, and it gives the button something sturdy to attach to. The waist band on these shorts is simply a folded over piece of the trouser fabric, so the first time you put them on it feels unsatisfactory, and the more you wear them the worse it gets. You would not want to wear these shorts without a belt.
on 4 June 2014
This product was exactly as described and delivered promptly and in good condition. Good value for money.And I would purchase again.
on 18 April 2013
Strong, well finished. True to size. Inside leg is 9". Colour is ginger side of khaki - hope this tones down a bit with washing.
on 24 June 2013
For the price these shorts are awesome, the quality is excellent, as one would expect from Dickies. I initially bought then for a music festival and planned to leave them there, but they're so nice I kept them and have bought another pair to wear round the house.
on 10 August 2013
Very good shorts if a little long in the leg for me.They feel as if they will last a while.
on 6 July 2014
As with the red hawk trousers,they came up a little small so I ordered the next size up&they fit great.
Will order another pair.
on 10 February 2015
The waist is fine but I'm actually a 38" but find with dickies I need to order way oversized because my thighs are 26" each, the shorts have no shape. I ordered 38 before and can only get them past my knees, I find this problem with probably half the shorts/trousers I buy, maybe I'm just a freak of nature and no one has bothered to tell me.
on 8 September 2013
An excellent pair of shorts. They look smart, are made of stout, hard-wearing material, have enough pockets, and even come with a loop for keys. Plenty of bum-room, without looking baggy. The dark olive colour looks fine - reminiscent of British Army shorts from the Malayan troubles. Very comfortable.
VINE VOICEon 30 August 2013
These shorts are made to last. The material is substantial and the stitching is good.
They have plenty of pockets, including one for mobile phones. There is even a metal loop to attach keys etc. I now have several pairs and have worn them through most of the summer.
on 22 June 2014
Great product at a good price delivered on time-Dickies always make there products especially pants small in the waist I have had experience in shops whereby I am a 37" waist I have to buy a 40" waist to fit comfortably bear this in mind when purchasing