4.0 out of 5 stars It makes a huge difference

3.0 out of 5 stars clear sound very little bass
Published 11 months ago by Dennis

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars clear sound very little bass, 12 Aug 2013
This review is from: LG NB2430A 160W Wall Mountable 2.0 Channel Speaker Bar with Sontia Audio Technology (Electronics)
this product looks good is very slim and is really designed for wall mounting but it does stand in front of the television, if you are looking for any sort of heavy bass you will be disappointed, because as a previous review, it has poor bass, but if you want bass you should really be looking for a unit with a separate sub woofer and pay more money. However the sound bar does much better when judging it on clarity, speech and music is very clear and is a big improvement over the sound from my LG TV, so at the end of the day you get what you pay for.

4.0 out of 5 stars It makes a huge difference, 7 Aug 2013
R. Forse (Taunton, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
I was looking at, and would have loved to have, a quality 5.1 surround sound system in my living room. My wife soon put a stop to these thoughts though as she said I wasn't allowed any more cables in the living room. That said, I needed to do something about the poor sound quality that was coming from my LG 42LM620T smart TV as it was unbearably tinny and made a horrible rattle noise whenever there was any deep sound coming from the speakers.

I did a bit of research and decided that, for the money, this would be a good place to start - I was right. Corner to corner it's a little more narrow than the TV itself and I have mounted the soundbar about 4 inches above the TV and it certainly looked impressive. As an aside, no reviews I read said that it came with a wall bracket, so I bought one to go with it. However, there is one in the box that works fine so I have used that and returned the additional mount.

The remote is useful and has basic command over te TV also. I think this is something that has been a real benefit as it means I don't need the TV remote unless I'm using the smart functions. I also like that the soundbar and TV are in the same finish. I would recommend seriously considering a sound bar of the same brand as your tv as this seems to help the performance and aesthetics.

The sound quality itself is really good, especially when compared to the pitiful TV speakers which we have been used to. There are a number of modes and settings which I have been playing with and they all offer sound which is a vast improvement. The volume isn't house shakingly loud, which I suppose is a good thing with a teenager in the house, but perhaps it would have been preferable or it to have had a slightly louder capacity than the 160w, but that is reflected in the cost.

I love the Bluetooth setting. It's easy to set up and effortless to stream music from phones and tablets. It was this feature which ultimately lead to my decision to buy this model in a crowded marketplace.

I'm sure there are better, louder units out there, especially if you go for a full 5.1 set up, but for the price, the spec and features (especially the Bluetooth) are hard to beat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money, 6 Jan 2014
After a lot of research on the net to find the best sound bar available on the market , I made my choice and purchased the above. The sound is pure quality and fairly easy to set up. Thanks to everyone who wrote a review it really helped when making my purchase. Extremely happy..

5.0 out of 5 stars Great LG Sound bar, 4 Oct 2013
Great bit of kit, would recommend and Bluetooth makes it easy to stream music from my iPhone, it also connects upto PC and TV.

2.0 out of 5 stars Maybe I'm fussy but.... !, 16 Jun 2014
Personally I have to say the sound is tinny and lacks range. I found none of the sound settings to my liking. Also this unit is very light which 9/10 is normally a hint as to sound quality! I would suggest shopping around more if a 5.1 or 6.1 set up is not an option for you, maybe even look towards known audio brands rather than TV brands, because based on this product I can only assume the folk at LG are tone deaf!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Unit Considering The Price, 24 Nov 2013
AlexKrycek "I Believe..." (Sheffield - England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This unit certainly has mixed reviews. There are some superb ones and there are some dreadful ones. I find myself in the former and I'm delighted.

Let's be clear for the price, you are getting a lower end unit in the market place. You get the Sound Bar, remote, wall bracket, connecting cable and instructions. From opening the box I had the unit installed and working within 10 minutes. You simply connect the sound bar to your TV and essentially that's it. I do have an LG TV but even so, the unit connects using a standard cable.

There is a remote but as I use an all I one remote, this I put back in the box. There are a number of sources that you can use to play through the sound bar. I have connected my DVD player, BT box, TV and phone. All connections made effortlessly. I will so though that most of my units are inter connected so I only have once connection to the sound bar. Once connected you can then fine tune the sound to get the best possible outcome.

I would say that the unit is truly superb with blu ray Dvds. The sound is brilliant. There are also improvements with the TV sound but not as obvious.

The final point I would make is that at the time of writing you could get the unit elsewhere for 99.99. I purchased mine from John Lewis and I also received a 2 year guarantee. Overall, a good buy and One I would highly recommend.

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use but lacks bass, 28 Sep 2013
tallpete33 (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This soundbar is easy to set up and use and fits nicely under a 40 or 42 inch TV. Remote batteries and optical cable are provided. Once all wired up, just direct the TV output to "optical" and you're good to go. It looks quite smart though I would have preferred a mesh cover as the shiny plastic front is a real dust magnet. The remote control is functional and pairing with another Bluetooth device such as an iPod is a doddle.

That's the good part but the sound output whilst quite clear is lacking in bass and any surround despite the Sontia (whatever that is) claims. Whilst an improvement on the TV output, it is not a huge one. If you like your movies and music then a setup with a separate sub may be an option but for a basic easy to use system with good connectivity this does a job, just not a great one.

4.0 out of 5 stars din't like the tone on my tv so got this and ..., 14 July 2014
Amanda Henley (england) - See all my reviews
din't like the tone on my tv so got this and ok so its not the loudest thing but it sure does the job

5.0 out of 5 stars lg sound bar, 8 July 2014
speakers in TV began to sound tinny so brought this speaker bar.Sound quality is great at any level no crackling or tinny noise

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, 7 July 2014
The sound is pitchy, tinny and toppy. Don't bother, spend 50 more and get one with a sub-woofer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›