Format: Audio CD|Change

on 6 June 2013
I must admit that we are the void nullified anticipation for the new DT album, however within the first few minutes it was proved to be incorrect.
Its been described as the most innovative DT album yet but in my opinion it is simply an elaboration on many previously brilliant, landmark albums. Listen to the science of noise and it could perfectly fit in with Damage Done; Uniformity on the other hand suits Haven with atmospheric keyboard moments, the list goes on.
The album has many great moments and thus far Id say its the best album Ive heard in 2013, surprising really considering that I expected mediocre at best, it really is a combination of Dark Tranquillities best moments: great, epic melodeath riffs, raspy vocals (which I highlight are exceptional even for someone like Michael Stanne), fantastic lyrics, good bass and drums.
Its just a well thought out album that I havent been able to stop listening to ...so give it a go and enjoy!
on 15 March 2016
The best of their work I think.
on 6 June 2013
This review is not about how good the songs are on the album (they are!). It's about the concept of the Limited Edition. It's a reminder and a warning to people who, like me, instantly buy the limited edition album of their favourite bands.

I must say that the contents of this limited edition are clearly stated in the product description on this page, and that if I had read it carefully I would not have bought it.

First of all. When I opened the amazon package I was pleased with the sturdy carton box which contains the CD's. Nice design, great artwork, overall well developed whith an eye to details.

Maybe I'm nitpicking here, the consequence of this design is that the album does not fit inside a standard CD rack. It's not just one milimeter, the box is almost 2 cm's taller then any other CD casing.

But this is not the main reason why I don't like this Limited Edition. It's the bonus content which is a letdown. Previous limited editions had at least the bonus tracks on the main disc and an extra DVD with a documentary and video's of concerts. This one doesn't have all that. There are just 2 bonus tracks. And they've put them on a _separate_ disc. I find that really bothersome, just to have to swap a disc for only two more songs.

For almost £4 extra, I think they could and should have put more effort in this.
on 10 December 2014