5.0 out of 5 stars Even better than I had expected
This works great! And the sound coming out of it is great, too. We even plug it into our car stereo & get excellent sound. It's easy to sync the music from our computer. Love the full-color screen with album art - easy to find what you want to listen to. The MP3 is small and light weight which is a big plus. I would recommend everyone to get it.
Published 20 months ago by BCL

I bought this because my totally awesome Sony Walkman can't play the drm'd audible audio books. I had a few of said books which I had got under subscription before I could work out that my Walkman can't play them. Amazon have buried the compatible list in such a way you have to really hunt for it.
This player is sery good for playing those sorts of audio files...
Published 5 months ago by A. Mitchell

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Even better than I had expected, 19 April 2013
This review is from: Sandisk Sansa Clip Zip 8GB MP3 Player, microSD/SDHC Slot, FM Radio, Black (Refurbished) (Electronics)

5.0 out of 5 stars Punches Well Above It's Weight !!, 7 Mar 2014
Weighing in at just 24 grams this diminutive player, brings surprises at almost every level. How can it be so small sound so Big ? How can Sandisk pack so many features into something measuring 34.7mm x 55mm x 15.33 mm? It can play, and play very well, MP3, WMA, secure WMA, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC Files, as well as audio books and podcasts, add to that a built in FM radio with 40 presets, and a built in Microphone for you to record that Eureka moment, it also boasts 8GB of built in Memory, and if that's not enough there is a micro SD expansion slot to increase that up to a further 32GB with a microSD or micro SDHC card. Don't forget the handy clip that gives the unit it's name. Operating keys have been kept to a minimum. With the easy to understand intuitive Menus being viewed via an Ultra bright 1inch OLED screen. Transferring files from your computer simplicity itself. It has a claimed Battery life of 15 hours, I would suggest 11 or 12 would be a more accurate figure. The only very slight disappointment were the supplied headphones,they are good, however I found an upgrade in this department took my listening pleasure to another level . I was concerned when I read (Refurbished) in the description, no need to worry it looks new and sounds great. One of my better buys.

4.0 out of 5 stars Just, JUST misses out on 5 stars. There's still a LOT to like, though, so I may upgrade that rating as it grows on me..., 30 July 2014
Notionally a 4.5 star, but this won't let me do that. I want to rate it higher than the 4GB one I also reviewed a few minutes ago (which I sent back as I'd ordered the wrong model...), but I can't quite give it 5 stars, or 3 stars to the other, so here we are, stuck in a silly place by an overly coarse rating system.

It's not a bad machine by any stretch, in fact it is now at least my second favourite if not overall favourite MP3 player, but it has some silly faults that should have been caught at the QC or even design stage, and some of them are actually downgrades from the original Clip. It still one-ups nearly everything else but could be improved. Anyway, copy and pasting the relevant parts for speed...

"It's a perfectly good little player with a couple of daft faults (if you use the "wrong" AAC encoder, it'll hang when you try to play those files; if you try to play MP3s or AACs with overly verbose ID3 tags, it'll hang; it chops off leading "the"s and "a"s without even appending them at the end of the track/artist/album name, leading to strange things like one of Fleetwood Mac's most famous songs displaying as "Chain"; and, bizarrely, there's no minutes & seconds running time readout on the screen... oh, and, there's no option to copy files between card and internal memory built in (whoops - even a player I had nearly 10 years ago allowed that!), and it defaults to MTP mode for USB transfers, which is *supposed* to make things better but is actually a royal pain in the backside)

...but on the whole they're quibbles (once you've figured them out at least), and it's a nice enough little thing. The small size and low weight, combined with the clip, make it a very practical proposition for carrying everywhere with you, the battery charges up fairly quickly over USB and lasts a decent amount of time, operating it is very easy, the screen is bright and clear, the sound is powerful and clear with good EQ adjustability, and even the radio reception is pretty good - on a par with the other mains and battery powered ones in my flat, certainly, even if not up to the car's insane standard. And although some people moan, it doesn't even take too long refreshing the media library when you add new files, so long as you don't insert a memory card from, say, your phone, which has a squillion other non-music files on it, which confuse it somewhat."

I'm currently in the middle of filling it up with tunes, and I must say with 40GB onboard (another electronics retailer had a sale where 32GB microSDs went VERY cheap) and AAC decoding ability, it's proving a challenge. All the stuff from my old (not quite full) 20GB player and a 1GB gumstick which somehow didn't actually overlap much barely touched the sides - didn't even fill up the internal memory once the hi-rate stuff was converted to scarily efficient AAC-VBR. Now I'm raiding all my hard drives looking for other tunes that have been somewhat forgotten because they didn't fit on the others... It's a slow process!

So that's a good point anyway.

And, well, I can't believe I got it so cheap, even if it is a refurb with a couple of minor cosmetic boo-boos (and little in the way of original packaging - all I got was the player, an information slip, and the original, surprisingly good earbuds). All this for £25... bargain.

I just wish they'd fix the decoding / tag reading nonsense, add a onboard copy function, make MSC the default USB mode (it can be changed, but it has to be a deliberate choice), refrain from futzing with the track titles and restore the track time readout. Then, all but for the addition of some kind of inline remote control for the headphones, it would be damn near perfect and get a very deserved 5 stars. As it stands, it's 4.49999999999999...

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 25 July 2013
I bought this for my daughter a few months ago,who can normally destroy things quite easily, but to my surprise it has withstood the rigours she has put it through and it still works perfectly and looks new. It is very user-friendly and has every function that she could want from it (no point paying for functions that never get used). My son has an iPod mini-9th generation, which is lovely but considering the price difference, this is far better value for money. I like that this has expandable memory via micro-SD which is interchangeable so if I want to borrow it, I can just put my micro-SD card in (with my own headphones) and I am ready to go. I do not hesitate to highly recommend this product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great portable music player, 11 July 2014
I am reviewing the refurbished model, which is identical to the non-refurb obviously, only cheaper.
I owned one before and the clip mechanism on the back broke much too easily, due to its flimsy nature. It has since gotten lost somewhere, but I liked it so much I wanted another one.

Stock, it is an alright music player. It loses battery fairly quickly though and the user interface is a bit clunky.
Where it shines is in its ability to be flashed with the Rockbox firmware and suddenly become a small musical monster. Battery lasts much longer and it's suddenly a joy to navigate. It will play anything you throw at it.

The included in-ear headphones are barely adequate. Use a better pair!

I give it five stars for its musical abilities, and detract one star because I know the clip will break again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 7 July 2014
Smaller than I thought but that wasn't the descriptions fault it was mine. Gift for relative who loves it

1.0 out of 5 stars Topcat, 2 July 2014
Wasn't working correctly, charge stuck at at 70% so had to send back, sound was really good tho

2.0 out of 5 stars only buy if you want to listen 'audible's' audio books or music, 24 Jun 2014
A. Mitchell "Silk" (Wiltshire) - See all my reviews
This player is sery good for playing those sorts of audio files. Except when there are multiple parts it never displays them order and because what it displays is not the actual file name, but the very long name that amazon has decided to give it which the mp3 player's software can't exactly cope with, or if it takes more than 2 secs to scroll through it resets. Very annoying.
However, on the positive side it 'bookmarks' your place, so if you are listening to a many hour'd file, and you accidentally knock it to the end or beginning, you can exit and choose resume, it goes back to your lost place.
The drawback is, if you happen to have an audio book with many small parts of a few minutes long, it won't display the files in order and you can't see the whole filename, very very frustrating. Now that I've heard all of my 'audible' drm books, I'm consigning this player to a drawer.
Of course if all you want is a handy little mp3 player for music, it does the job and the clip is very useful. The battery life isn't brilliant, but I've been spoiled by my sony walkman

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good buy., 9 Jun 2014
Terry Arnold (southampton, hampshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I use this in the gym, fab little player, great sound and is able to play high quality audio formats...great buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little MP3!!, 4 Jun 2014
Item arrived very quickly and what a great little MP3 it is! It clips onto a pocket or shirt very securely and the sound for such a small package is amazing. The screen lets you see all your music, photos, books and adjust settings and it is very simple drag and drop to load music on to the player. If you are looking for a good quality MP3, then don't bother with Ipod shuffle as this is much better and substantially cheaper and you can increase the memory capacity with the card slot!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›