Colour Name: Black|Style Name: Vengeance M95|Change

on 6 June 2015
I got it for Christmas 2014 so I've had it for around 6 months now and so far it's been great! It fits in my teenage hands nicely, it's great for gaming and it's got a ton of macros which I don't even use most of but it's nice to have in case I find a use for them. If you're thinking of buying this with the new Corsair keyboards then be warned that they use different software meaning you have to use one for the keyboard and one for the mouse and it's not that great to have many programs open at once so having to always have two open is a bit of a pain especially on computers that might need every resource they can get but luckily that's not me so it's only an inconvenience issue. The software is a bit hard to navigate at first but the user manuals can help you out but even then it is still tricky.
The first thing that strikes you about this mouse is the quality of construction.

It has a thick, solid alluminium chassis that just makes it feel as solid as a rock. It is also a great match for my Corsair Vengeance K70 Keyboard.

The plastics used are also premium quality, with the top being soft-touch rubberised and the side having a rougher finish for more grip.

The roller wheel is also very nice and heavy and is made from a solid piece of machined alluminium and gives great feedback.

It has an internal blue light and the Corsair logo also lights up in white when it is turned on.

I also particularly like the non-tangle thickly braided cord.

Software is downloaded from the Corsair site and is very comprehensive if not totally intuitive. I did struggle a bit setting up a multi-key macro that included an alt+f command - but its simple when you work in out as each part of a key stroke is registered separately - For example the alt key downward press is one line, then the alt key upward release is another line, so anything in between these two lines is activated whilst the alt key is in the down position.

It did take me a few days to get used to this mouse as it is significantly heavier than any mouse I have had in the past, but to me that is a good thing!

All the switches are apparently rated for 20 million presses which should mean that it lasts rather longer than the last gaming mouse I had that only survived six months.

I really do like this mouse a lot. It really does give me confidence when gaming competitively that the mouse is going to do what I want it to do when I want it to in a predictable manner.

In my opinion - Another five star product from Corsair!
on 2 October 2014
A solid mouse. If you want extra buttons then it's got that too. Honestly, I don't really know what to say about it - I've never had a 'good' mouse before and as this was my first one I could only compare it to a small Genius Traveller which I had to wear a glove when using as it would cause me to sweat buckets, and a Logitech M310 which is an ambidextrous mouse (and also wireless).

The ability to choose DPI was really nice, and it sits good around the 1800-2200 mark @1080p on a 23" screen. The shape of the mouse sits well with my hand (even though I used to have my hand at an angle to the mouse on my M310) and the soft touch and grippy parts feel good. Sometimes I will get a slight sweat buildup, but that's just how my hands are and it's a lot less than with other mice, especially now that my hand's gotten used to it.

Software is a little finnicky and the way profiles work was causing me some issues with either the profile lights not working or the profiles not changing depending on how I had it set up. I could get one or the other, but not both.

That's about it, really. It's a mouse. It does its job, feels good whilst doing it and has extra buttons because buttons are cool. Oh, and they don't get in the way and are fairly easy to hit precisely if you get used to using different parts of your thumb rather than moving the whole thumb around.
on 5 February 2014
I bought this mouse to replace my Razer Lachesis 5600 as I wanted more buttons!

Unfortunately, Windows is not capable of understanding all the buttons for standard actions, and the default buttons don't suit the way I hold the mouse. The software is pretty good though and makes it relatively easy to set things up the way you want them to work.

The build quality is absolutely amazing and it looks really nice but other than that, it's not really anything that special. Then again, it's a mouse and the most special you can really get is "moaar lightz". (Before anyone argues with me about that, I know that there are a lot of differences between mice, for example laser or optical, lower DPI/CPI or higher, the shape and feel of the mouse etc).

One thing I almost forgot: the middle click is extremely heavy compared to what I've used before. I've gotten used to it now, but at first it was extremely uncomfortable and awkward to work with. It will take some getting used to if you've not used heavy middle click mice before.
on 5 December 2015
I'm having trouble deciding between 4 and 5 stars for this product.

First of all, it tracks very well. The arrows I use for DPI adjustment is the best solution I've seen yet in a mouse. It looks very good, though I'd like RGB lighting, or at least some customization. I love all these buttons for my different items and movement positions in Battlefield 4.

The buttons were initially a problem to get used to, but I've adjusted and now they feel mostly natural. The back ones are a little uncomfortable however.

The build feels very good, but I do feel that the scroll wheel is weaker than most other mice I've used. I've seen some complaints about that breaking. Hopefully it'll last, but I expect that'll be the first part to go, even if that isn't likely to be any time soon.

All in all, a very good mouse that is highly recommended.
on 2 September 2014
The best mouse I have ever owned, the build quality is absolutely superb.It has taken alot of punishment due to my slanted lap rest that likes nothing better than to slide my mouse onto the hard tiles. At a rough estimate I'd say my mouse has fallen about 3 feet onto tiles about 50 times at least and it is still working perfect with no sign of damage or loose parts jangling on the inside. So that's the build quality, the buttons on the side I find to be great aswell. It will take alittle time to get comfortable using them all, the top left buttons as you look at it from the left are quiet difficult to use comfortably but after some time I am able to utilize them. The drivers for it are also good. I really have nothing to complain about with this mouse after using for a year and that's a great compliment for what I believe to be the best mouse available.
on 28 April 2014
I bought this to pair with my brown switch K70, and it works an absolute treat. I have relatively large hands, and I can both palm and claw grip the mouse with ease.
I've not had the chance to use any of the macro keys because I've not played any FPS games with it yet, but I have played around with the software and it is extremely easy to program. That said, most of the macro keys are very easy to reach with my thumb - even with claw grip. The only ones I sometimes have difficulty reaching are the frontmost top two buttons on the side of the mouse, but I just use them for profile switching so don't have to access them quickly.

All in all, a brilliant mouse that you can use with every type of game. Would certainly recommend especially if you have a macro-less keyboard like me!
on 13 May 2014
i bought this mouse to get more macros since i had only 3 on my previous mouse (anker high precission laser 8200 dpi) and this mouse was amazing. i dont know why the reviews are average since i love this mouse to bits.
its comfortable, the macros seem good quality, really good weight to it but you can remove the weights, nice aluminium frame and it feels very sturdy in your hand. you can have up to 6 profiles loaded on the mouse bu you can make moer on the corsair m95 gaming software aswell as change dpi settings and all the usual.
i really recommend this mouse to anyone who is looking for great build quality, lots of macros and nice aesthetics.
the only thing is i have small hands so maybe for larger handed it cant be palmed
on 2 May 2015
Mouse performs exceptionally in all areas except one, somewhat regularly I receive painful electric shocks from the aluminum body. Would not recommend. Other corsair mouses should perform well.
on 3 December 2015
The buttons are too weirdly spaced and I found them quite hard to access.
The drivers are now legacy (no longer supported) and don't work properly with Windows 10.
I've returned it and replaced it with a Scimitar RGB, which is awesome and works perfectly with my K95 RGB keyboard using the same software (CUE).
The thing that really annoyed me is that you can't press two buttons simultaneously and get both effects happening (what?!?).
If you can spring for the extra few quid, go for the Scimitar.