5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely

2.0 out of 5 stars There's lots of great things in the book
Published 8 months ago by FayeTography

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, 24 Aug. 2013
This review is from: The Single Woman: Life, Love, and a Dash of Sass (Kindle Edition)
After going through the breakup of the only guy I've ever loved and all my friends leaving me in the space of 3 months. it's just what I've needed to give me the strength to get myself back on my feet. I read it in one night. It's refreshing to know someone else feels this way in a world where everyone seems to be coupled up and you're out casted if you're not. Going to read it over and over until it sticks!!

5.0 out of 5 stars inspirational, 29 Aug. 2013
joseycat (worcester uk) - See all my reviews
I'm not religious & Mandy clearly is but that aside I have found this to be one of the most life affirming books I have ever had the good fortune to read. 9 months out of a devastating break up I was already well on the road to healing & happiness but Mandy's book is crammed full of positive insight that has helped to nudge me along the road & boosted my self esteem to such a degree that I am truly proud of my resilience & determined to enjoy the wait until someone worthy of me arrives.
Read Mandys book alongside Matthew Husseys 'Get the Guy' . both books help you appreciate your worth, focus on your positives and help you to understand that despite life's knocks or maybe because of them, you are a truly fabulous creature who deserves the same and nothing less will do.

5.0 out of 5 stars empowering!, 13 Aug. 2013
Thankyou Mandy Hale for bringing such an inspiring book. It wonderful and makes me feel great about myself every-time I read it.

2.0 out of 5 stars There's lots of great things in the book, 24 Aug. 2014
I've had to give this book only 2 stars due to much of the praise being given to God. If you're a non-believer of God and just want to believe in yourself more, then this is NOT the book for you. There's lots of great things in the book, but the crux of it all, is handed to someone more powerful than thyself. And I don't believe we ladies should be brainwashed into thinking that a "God" (who Mandy states is a 'he') should help us through single life. It sounds like a bit of a contradiction.

4.0 out of 5 stars Single, or not, everyone should read this book!, 4 Jan. 2014
I read this book over the summer, and was absolutely captivated by the authors authentic advice and thoughts regarding relationships.

This book isn't just for single women, and it offers advice to men, and even people in relationships.

*SPOILERS*

The author offers advice such as:

1) The only thing we single ladies need to be rescued from is the notion that we need to be rescued
2) A busy, vibrant, goal-oriented woman is so much more attractive than a woman who waits around for a man to validate her existence.
3) You will evolve past certain people. Let yourself.
4) You don't have to knock anyone off their game to win yours.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read, Highly recommend, 22 Feb. 2015
I'm so happy I bought this book. It was like I was reading my life back to myself. After a bitter break up. This book makes me feel more empowered and i must say it has helped me realise the positive aspect of a painful experience. I never knew depression was real until I got hurt by the love of my life. This book has given me a new perspective and it has made me appreciate myself more. A friend of mine was making such a big deal about it on social media. By that I mean everywhere available, from Facebook to Twitter to Instagram. I was actually getting irritated. At some point I said to her, can't you just read this book in silence. Must the whole world know you are reading a book? Lol. I must say I am grateful to her she made such a loud e-noise. Now it's my turn to make that noise. All my female friends must read this book. And to you ladies out there. I hope after reading this review you wouldn't think twice before buying this book. It is a blessing indeed. Just do it I promise you would not regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 28 Sept. 2013
Having followed Mandy's Blog and Twitter for some time i was excited about this book.
Mandy did not disappoint and has written a witty intelligent and caring book which is a must for any woman But especially the singles.
She reminds us to remember our fabulousness and not to settle for anything less.
Wonderful!

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down, 11 July 2014
Another great book. Read it in one day as its hard to put down. If your newly single or struggling to let go of a relationship this is the book for you

3.0 out of 5 stars A little disappointing, 7 Jun. 2014
The advice in this book is ok but to be honest it's nothing more than a friend would say to you. It's not as good as Baggage Reclaim (check out her website). I could have written a better advice book myself!

5.0 out of 5 stars wow, 4 May 2014
Thankyou for this book it's great helped me feel so optimistic about the future thank you and bless you x

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›