5.0 out of 5 stars Bitesize thinking
Does exactly what the title says, applying philosophical questions to modern life. eg Pascal's wager to dating (or not). Usefully short chapters for busy people, without dumbing down the underlying theories.
Published 18 months ago by Anna Kiest

2.0 out of 5 stars Philosophy comic book
A very easy read, unecessarily peppered with swearing to get the point across although the points are thin. Writer trying too hard to be cool. If I'm honest I think it's utter tripe and glad I only spent 99p on it. If it werent a kindle edition it would be going to the charity shop.
Published on 9 May 2013 by PAF

3.0 out of 5 stars Funny and wise but I have reservations, 30 April 2013
Susan Glazier (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: PhiLOLZophy: Critical Thinking in Digestible Doses (Kindle Single) (Kindle Edition)
This is a fun book for 20 somethings (I am much older). I read it quickly and enjoyed it (I like reading about practical applications of philosophical ideas), and it reminded me of how hard it is to be a young adult woman, trying to get by in life with very little accumulated experience and raging hormones. I remember being as consumed with emotions and angst in my 20s as the authors are (made me realise that it wasn't just me). My only problem with the book is that it almost read like a stream of consciousness, and could have done with a lot more focus and much more editing. I enjoyed the wit, loved the philosophical snippets and some of the more everyday wisdom, but overall I felt that the whole thing did not hang together too well. I was disappointed at the end when one (or both) of the authors returned to Catholicism - having thrown off its shackles earlier on. This book certainly has ideas that the authors could refine and develop in further writing.

2.0 out of 5 stars Philosophy comic book, 9 May 2013
If you're a teenager struggling with your identity, relationships ,it might be of interest but you'd get similar advice and wisdom in a magazine.
Pity because there are some references to the writer knowing their stuff well, its just their writing is poor.

2.0 out of 5 stars Shallow, 20 May 2013
Amazon Customer (Leicestershire, England) - See all my reviews
It could have been so much better, but in the end the story of young adults getting to grips with life events overwhelms the aspects of philosophy and critical thinking triggered by those events.

2.0 out of 5 stars I was expecting it to a deep philosophical discussion with ..., 27 Feb. 2015
I was expecting it to a deep philosophical discussion with a pitch of humour but it turns out it is nothing more than the diary of an young woman with a degree in Philosophy presenting here own ideas of life. It lacks depth.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bitesize thinking, 24 Jan. 2014

1.0 out of 5 stars philozphy, 20 May 2013
Boring claptrap dressed as philosophy may appeal to adolescents but otherwise absolute nonsense a complete waste of money not fir me