5.0 out of 5 stars Good Product
Published 9 days ago by Phil

2.0 out of 5 stars Not one I'd recommend for now
Published 18 months ago by akoniti

2.0 out of 5 stars Not one I'd recommend for now, 9 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Canon iSensys MF8580CDW All-In-One Duplex Colour Laser Printer (Accessory)
I was looking for a full featured colour laser printer with auto duplexing and scanning next most important on my list. The output cant be faulted but the auto duplex feature jammed on every other page*. The scanning functionality is ok. I mainly scan into a Mac and the printer needs to be woken up from sleep and put into a scan waiting mode before I fire up Preview and scan into that app. Canon's scan app is full featured but not any better in terms of efficiency. The scan button on the printer you can just about forget it as its so random when/if it works. Copying works as it should. I have not used the fax functionality. Compared to my Epson WF 3520...if only the Epson were a laser!

Setting up the wifi connection was very straight forward though included documention is quite sparse with everything needed to be installed or downloaded from Canon's website.

*Due to the constant jamming during auto duplex printing, I contacted Canon who said the printer should be returned to the seller and replaced or refunded. The printer was purchased from Ballicom through Amazon and there service seems good though response times not as quick as one would hope. The printer has been returned and I'm awaiting a replacement. I will update this review when I get the replacement.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Product, 20 Feb. 2015
I ordered this printer being a little dubious about how difficult it might be to set up and operate after some of the reviews here expressed difficulties, however I read several reviews from elsewhere and decided to bite the bullet. Upon receipt I found that apart from weighing a tonne, it was otherwise a straightforward and easy process to set up. I used the wireless function for set up and it was simply a case of popping in the disk and following the instructions on the screen. I found the core functions very easy to use and benefit a huge amount from the AirPrint function which let's me print straight from my iPad and iPhone. The picture quality is pretty great and the duplex printing saves the whole 'which way up do I need to put this in' head scratching when trying to print double sided. Overall I am very impressed, it works very well for our small office.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 15 May 2014
Compared to my old printer a Xerox this is so easy to use and has all the bells and whistles you need.

2.0 out of 5 stars Canon for small business., 8 April 2014
If you are not a computer geek, have plenty of time to converse with Canon support team or afford consultant who could visit you and set up the printer do not buy this product. I have a Mac and tried to set up this very good otherwise printer to save directly form the scanner to my computer file or e-mail a scan. In vane, I spent three consecutive days trying to do that. Unfortunately I could neither find on line any adequate information how to do that nor support team was able to provide me with relevant information. I gave up and return the printer. Well, I am frustrated as it was my second purchase in last 2 weeks. Previously I bought LaserJet Pro 400 Color MFP M475dw Printer and I struggled to set up it for whole week with much better support from HP consultant team, I must admit, comparing to Canon (you can directly chat to the consultant and she can also remotely take over your computer, but any way she also could not set up the printer for me.) Eventually I managed to solve the problem myself. But, as I said, it took me whole week to work out how set up shearing folder and correctly write the path of access for the scanner. Alas, after all this I discovered that the scanner had product failure under the scanner flat glass. I had no other option than returning the printer. Nevertheless, I think that I will go once again for the HP printer, hopefully this time printer will not have any failure.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 23 Jan. 2015
I would have loved touch screen and cloud service scanning (to dropbox). But otherwise a great printer/scanner