5.0 out of 5 stars Forever Torn is a book written by my nephew Jason Greenfield
Published 17 months ago by ms E Howard

3.0 out of 5 stars A Jewish chronical
The adaptation into Kindle format needs updating as there are many errors.
The story (history) of an extended Jewish family through the eyes of the central character Harry is interesting as a portrayal of Jewish life but cannot be described as exciting or gripping to the average reader. But I did finish the book so that must say something.
Published 9 months ago by David Ford

5.0 out of 5 stars Forever Torn is a book written by my nephew Jason Greenfield, 13 April 2013
This review is from: Forever Torn (Kindle Edition)
I was in the middle of reading another book when I downloaded Forever Torn on the day it was released, this book was written by my nephew Jason Greenfield so I decided to read a couple of pages to see what it was like, I knew he had written my fathers life story but I hadn't read it, well what can I say I was totally hooked I haven't put it down and now I have read it to the end and I must say I didn't want it to end. It brought tears to my eyes on several occasions and I totally enjoyed it. This book tells a story of sadness and happiness and is a very good read and I would totally recommend this book and that is why I have given it a five star rating. Well Done Jason.

5.0 out of 5 stars A moving story of a family torn apart, 17 Sep 2013
This review is from: Forever Torn (Kindle Edition)
What a touching story. The tale of an ordinary man who was born in eastern Europe and brought to London as a child. I won't say more as it isn't fair to spoil the book for others but this is one that I bought on the spur of the moment and then read it until I finished it ion one day.

It is heartbreaking in parts, funny in others and all in all a superb story. How I wish I had known this man as I would have loved him dearly.

This is not a book to lightly pass up. It is one to rival any professional writer and rivals Kane and Abel without the extreme riches.It is such a shame that it is only on Kindle

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow., 6 Aug 2013
This review is from: Forever Torn (Kindle Edition)
Brilliant, heartwrenching. If you do not cry once while reading this book then you must have a heart of stone. I was very interested to read about the scenes set in post revolutionary, interwar eastern europe, as I have never really encountered this, in historical recollections or in fiction. The contrast between the two brother's lives when the action moves to the UK, was stunning. Well written. I would recommend everyone to read this.

5.0 out of 5 stars A "Can't put it down" book!, 25 Sep 2013
This review is from: Forever Torn (Kindle Edition)
A brilliant, moving and heartbreaking book but with a touch of humour. I couldn't put it down. It's very well written and I can highly recommend it to anyone who wants a really good read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Jason Greenfield at his best, 6 Aug 2013
This review is from: Forever Torn (Kindle Edition)
This is an amazing piece of literature. From the beginning it reads as if it were an ancient scroll being narrated. Jason Greenfield has done well with this book. This is a story involving London England, immigration, war, Lithuanians, Germans, Russian-Jewish culture, two young boys, a grandfather and an epic tale that surrounds it all. The imagery that is conjured is worthy of a movie and/or screenplay. The story is a good read for anyone interested in timepiece stories, tales and documentaries, as well as any history buff, historian, academician, anthropologist should like to dissect it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Forever Torn - Magnificent, 5 July 2013
This review is from: Forever Torn (Kindle Edition)
Jason Greenfield has masterfully woven history and factual events of his grandfather's life into a book which incorporates an eclectic mix of History, war, heart-break, treachery, love, warmth and loss.

Incorporating fascinating contextual social history, this Superbly written story gripped me in a mosaic of emotion, challeneged convictions and heart-racing drama. After just the first few chapters I found myself suddenly unable to put this down; every chapter unfolding new revelations and building more trepidation and anticipation.

The author reveals how he has fictionalised certain elements to weave the factual content of his research together; he has done this so seamlessly and authentically that it is impossible to distinguish between the two.

This book is nothing short of an emotional and exciting rollercoaster of family drama over a number of years, generations and regions. If you purchase and read Forever Torn, be prepared to be emersed and entangled in this incredible work until you turn the final page.

5.0 out of 5 stars Eye opener., 9 Sep 2013
This review is from: Forever Torn (Kindle Edition)
I have just finished this book while on holiday in lanzarote the two locations couldn't be further apart. People like Harry have always put their family first and the book constantly reminds us of this. Very well written and a compelling read. Hats off to Harry. Cheers to Jason for the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping Family Drama Throughout the Years, 2 July 2013
This review is from: Forever Torn (Kindle Edition)
Forever Torn is the history of the Gilmore family from their humble origins in Russia to their rebirth in England. More importantly, it's a thought-provoking and morally challenging tale of how a family responds to a tragic decision with repercussions to this day. Greenfield breathes life into the characters of his ancestors in Russia and makes the drama of their lives enlightening, rewarding and ultimately heart-breaking. For those who enjoy history novels, Greenfield helps to recreate the East End London world of the 1930's and 1940's with the memories of his grandfather giving you the sights, sounds and smells of the immigrant experience there. For those with a preference for Jewish history, Greenfield portrays the balance his grandfather had to develop as an Orthodox Jew balancing the question of whether or not to be a secular man in an increasingly modern world in London.

Ultimately, from a basis of facts, this is a postmodern tale that can be analyzed from multiple perspectives across nearly a hundred years of history that Greenfield describes. Like any great book, it leaves each reader to wonder for hours and days afterwards what they might have done in the same situation. Forever Torn shows the smallest decisions in the past of one family have a great impact on the future. The sins of the fathers can still haunt their children for generations to come.

3.0 out of 5 stars A Jewish chronical, 15 Dec 2013
David Ford (Kent in the UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Forever Torn (Kindle Edition)
The adaptation into Kindle format needs updating as there are many errors.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommended, 30 May 2013
This review is from: Forever Torn (Kindle Edition)
I bought this book on a recommendation from a friend and WOW, was I not disappointed! From start to finish, this powerful story is an absolute emotional rollercoaster of a ride. I wholeheartedly recommend this book to anyone who has a love of reading. A must buy for your Kindle library!

Forever Torn