on 23 April 2014
I bought this mixer to handle dough. When I received it the manual mentioned it couldn't be used with the dough hook for more than 2 minutes or it would over heat. It went straight back.

I never found out whether it could mix anything else much but the manual also warned about how little time it could be used for with other attachments so it really hasn't been thought through.
on 9 December 2013
This is the first adverse review I've ever written, having asked Morphy Richards to comment on my criticism before posting this. They haven't replied.

My criticism relates to the design of the mixing blades and dough hooks, which leaves far too much clearance between the outer blade or hook, and the inner wall of the bowl, resulting in inadequate mxing, with areas in the outer perimeter and inner cicle remaining unmixed. Even with a viscous dough, there were dry parts of the dough, which subsequently had to be taken out of the bowl and kneaded by hand. Likewise with a cake batter, when I had to repeated stop the "mixer" and stir the ingredients using a spatula.

The mechanical design is otherwise ingenious, but the design of the blades and hooks renders the machine unusable.
on 5 November 2014
Bought this last December and have only used it about 6 times. The mixing blades do not fit any more and keep dropping out.Very disappointed with this product. Morphy Richards are know turning out rubbish.
on 15 August 2013
Very pleased with the mixer as it is easy to set up and stores in a compact box on the work top which keeps it dust free. I would say this machine is for the occasional user who just wants the ease of mixing a cake, batter or whisking cream as it is not large capacity bowl. Made a lovely Victoria sand which which was light and delicious. You need to store the bowl and whisks separately.
on 27 March 2014
This is a really good idea, especially for a small kitchen like mine, however, like a previous reviewer, I couldn't get the beaters to stay in the machine, and I had to return it for a refund
on 26 December 2013
I don't usually leave product reviews, however I felt I did need to comment on this mixer. It is a really good idea to have a folding mixer, being able to keep it in a case makes the kitchen tidier. However I can appreciate that the bowl needs to be stacked in a different place but no allowance within the case has been made for the paddles which seems a shame as they could easily have been put within the box keeping them protected. My main issue with this product however is that when in operation the paddles place the cake mixture at the side of the bowl and unless you constantly move the mixture back into the path of the paddles it doesn;t mix, making the mixer unnecessarily cumbersome to use.

Shame it is a good idea but just badly designed.
on 16 April 2014
This is the second mixer as the first was not working correctly. Was replaced without any form of hassle and the second mixer is great. Used for baking cakes and the odd occasional batter mix. It's compact and folds away neatly so takes up less space. Would recommend as perfect mixer.
on 18 July 2014
This is just a "posh whisk". The slowest speed was far too fast and the ingredients splattered all over the worktop. I also hurt my fingers trying to insert the attachments as I found them to be quite tricky (and sharp) to push in. The attachments only mix the ingredients in the middle and I had to give up and mix the ingredients by hand. I think this will end up gathering dust in my cupboard. I will save up my pennies for a usable mixer next time
on 23 November 2014
I think considering the price, it is an ok mixer. The one thing that you have to do when using it, is to keep scraping the sides. It seems that for many mixers in that price range you have to do it. I also think that it is easy to store when folded but you have to find room for the bowl. Overall, I would recommend this mixer as the price is very good.
on 7 November 2013
Great product, fits so easy in cupboard when not using. Light enough to take it with you if needed to