on 30 May 2013
A great catchy tune, which reminds me of early beat box days! Deserves to be a number one record. Pharrel has always been a class act.
on 5 September 2014
Anyone who identifies as a feminist certainly doesn't seem to like this song, they seem to want to rid the world of this sort of lyrical material about the whole sexual conquest mentality by males but to my mind the sexual politics behind the messages in this song doesn't stop it being an admittedly pretty fun pop song, especially music production wise, it was certainly fun enough to become the number 1 selling single of 2013 in the UK. Anyone who thinks that the song is somehow a rape song does seem to be rather extreme in their analysis of something that just feels as if it's quite a throwaway premise at the end of the day, it amounts to little more than a song constructed around the clubbing culture where young people go to hook up that is starting to feel as old as time itself.
Luckily radio stations in the UK such as BBC Radio 1, Bauer's Key 103 and Heart are not controlled by the political correctness that so called "feminazis" seem to desire, and you can indulge in this by buying this song from Amazon against their wishes on that score too!
on 3 September 2013
Robin Thicke does an homage and - from what I'm told by hipsters - satire. He does a certain George Michael/Justin Timberlake lite combined with Marvin Gaye's "Give It Up" and an objectification of women reminiscent of Robert Palmer videos. I'm pretty apathetic about it but I heard Miley Cyrus (We Can't Stop) likes it, draws power from it, objectified Thicke in a twist of satire, and that's good enough for me. Is it art? I don't know, I'm not an art critic. But as an adherent to democracy I can sure as heck tell you it's popular.
on 7 June 2013
Heard this on the radio and it made me stop what I was doing and I just had to dance around the room. Unfortunately at the end of the track, the dj didn't say what it was called and I thought it was a Prince song so have had to spend time tracking it down. It is one of those songs that just drive you mad because you can't get it out of your head but it is so of the moment and has a real good summer feel to it. Playing it all the time.
on 11 June 2013
I first saw the video for Blurred Lines whilst on holiday in Turkey - it was constantly on a French version of MTV. The video is very unusual with the words Blurred Lines etc appearing at times in bold letters over the singers and models. Robin Thicke is very handsome as well so this is a bonus!
on 19 July 2013
Really like this the song has been around a while but everytime I hear it on the radio, in a shop, at the gym, find myself singing along. May not buy the album but love this track. Never heard of Robin Thicke and this may be a one hit wonder but its a great pop song.
on 17 June 2013
This is a great track, I hear it all the time and my daughters listen to it all the time to.It,s a fav in our house and we all can,t help dancing about when it comes on. I saw them on a tv show the other night and Robin Thicke is hot anyway so I bought the song!!
on 20 August 2013
Remember the Rowntree's Fruit Pastille's advert and slogan about being unable to eat them without chewing - well, don't tell me that you can't listen to this and, at the very least, not tap your foot! Before you know it, everything's dancing! Love it!
on 12 June 2013
Kept hearing this song and thought it sounded like Robin Thicke. Once found it was him had to download. The song is catchy and really gets you in a happy mood. If you love Robin Thicke/Justin Timberlake then this is a must for your music collection.
on 5 November 2013
i just love this song,,,,,, kept hearing it on the radio, didnt know what it was but found , myself singing it all day!!! every shop i seemed to go in it was playing!!! so i was being told to get it really, couldnt escape