on 10 June 2013
Looks good - is robustly built and not cheap looking (piano black shine) - for me, the manufacturers logo is fine. Opened the box, plugged the supplied cable into the base unit and the other end into a USB Plug of my own (they supply a USB cable, NOT a USB power unit that plugs into the wall - see later comments about charging speed) - I put the Xperia Z in - it fitted well, not loose, sat at a nice angle - and hey presto, it started charging straight away. Yes - it starts an initial-use APP that offers to automatically start another App of your choice when it plugs in. I opted to allow it to start up the digital clock - so - when it is in the docking station, the screen becomes a digital clock. Regarding other comments about charging speed, it doesn't supply a plug, so the charging speed depends on what USB plug you use. I used the Xperia supplied which charges at 1500 milliamps and within around 30 minutes it went from 64% to 100% charged. Perfectly happy with this - no regrets that I didn't buy the Sony version - this is just as good, perhaps better (certainly cheaper). The supplied cable is a mini-usb connection that fits into the base unit, and is a normal USB cable for this phone, which is an added bonus too.
on 21 April 2013
I purchased this Goosewhite docking station for 2 reasons, the first being that I was unable to find the genuine Sony DK26 dock anywhere in stock (unless I paid well over the £26.00 retail price which I was unwilling to do) and the second because the £19.99 sounded a exceptional price. I was a little concerned that I would be buying an inferior product that would not work correctly or fit the phone snugly but I was wrong. The Goosewhite dock is excellent. Well made and crafted it holds my Z firmly and looks pleasing. I was surprised to find that it came with a USB lead too (another bonus). Also it charges my Z whilst being connected to my PC via the USB port (something that I have read in other reviews the Sony product doesn't). All in all for £20 it was an excellent buy and I would recommend to others.
on 22 April 2013
Very well made and solid unit, cheaper that official Sony DK26 dock by a fiver!
A big bonus is that you get a micro USB cable included in box for charging.
Would recommend this company for good communications throughout process, would have given 5 stars except it took a week to arrive.
on 3 May 2013
This dock is far better designed than the original sony equipment, and far better quality too as I have both. I would very much recommend this product to anyone as I am glad I tried it. Absolutely faultless so buy one today and see you wont be disappointed.
on 6 June 2013
I have bought this GooseWhite dock in addition to a Sony DK26.
The phone fits in to this dock much more neatly, it charges from a PC USB (which the Sony doesn't) and it's a fraction of the price. Delighted with the GooseWhite; but with the Sony - not so much !
on 2 June 2013
I bought 2 of these, to be honest it is very well made and designed and I loved the finishing of it. Although the dock looks elegant, its charging speed is so slow that you barely feel your phone has been charging! It was really a waste of my money since I bought 2 of it. Now they are useless, what shall I do with them? I should claim my money back. Please refund me.
on 28 October 2013
It worked at first, now when you put the phone in the cradle it doesn't charge, that is unless you wriggle it around, even then the light may come on and go off a few seconds/minutes later.

Very poor, no idea how to return it, it's less than a year old and in my opinion a piece of junk.

Update,
You need to clean the contacts on the phone, they get tarnished and prevent good contact with the base unit, just scratch them gently with something sharp and it all works again.
on 27 April 2013
Got this yesterday fits xperia z perfectly makes using the phone as an alarm clock easy. No need to keep opening the flaps to charge.
on 9 May 2013
I got this as I decided I didn't want to pay for the Sony version of this which is about 30 quid. The phone fits well and doesn't wobble about. The leads supplied are long enough to be able to locate the dock fairly easily.

Someone has complained about the charging time over the Sony product, personally I've not found this an issue I've got one at work and one at home and they keep my phone nice and topped up between them.

I had an issue at the start where the charger wasn't recognising my phone was plugged in but then it suddenly sprung into life and since then it starts charging as soon as I plug it in, the Smart connect app is pretty good for launching particular apps when you dock the phone but to be honest I just show the clock.

Only one flaw for me, Despite the case I have my phone in having an opening for the side connectors the phone won't fit in the dock with the case on so I have to remove the case to use the dock, not really a hardship though.

Great little product and highly recommended.
on 30 July 2013
I have to agree with some other reviewers here about the poor connectivity when in the dock. I found with the unit I received that it was very erratic with it's connection and would 'jump' continually between being powered and not, causing the screen on the phone to flash/refresh. Rocking and reseating the phone in the cradle didn't help either.

I have returned it for a refund and ordered the genuine Sony DK26 which seems to be about the same price now anyway...