on 6 June 2013
Perfect fit for the phone. Charging is better than I was expecting based on some reviews I have read. A good product for the money.
on 9 May 2013
I got this as I decided I didn't want to pay for the Sony version of this which is about 30 quid. The phone fits well and doesn't wobble about. The leads supplied are long enough to be able to locate the dock fairly easily.

Someone has complained about the charging time over the Sony product, personally I've not found this an issue I've got one at work and one at home and they keep my phone nice and topped up between them.

I had an issue at the start where the charger wasn't recognising my phone was plugged in but then it suddenly sprung into life and since then it starts charging as soon as I plug it in, the Smart connect app is pretty good for launching particular apps when you dock the phone but to be honest I just show the clock.

Only one flaw for me, Despite the case I have my phone in having an opening for the side connectors the phone won't fit in the dock with the case on so I have to remove the case to use the dock, not really a hardship though.

Great little product and highly recommended.
on 21 June 2014
I bought this because my charging and docking port on my phone was intemittently crashing my phone, and I wanted to use the side charging contacts instead.
It seemed to work at first, but quickly became unreliable. The phone would only charge to 70% sometimes, and it can be really fiddly to get it to charge at all. This may be due to dirt on the contacts, but there doesn't seem to be an easy way to fix this issue with this product.
I had considered maybe using this in-car, but the phone is not securely held in the dock, meaning that it would constantly be on and off charging. I realise that this is not the product's intended use, but the difficulty with maintaining charging is the reason for my poor review.
The seller dispatched this product promptly, and well packaged.
on 17 July 2013
Bought the charger when I saw how much Sony were asking for the original. The difference in price was significant and so I went ahead.
Once home I set up the charger, plugged in the USB to a power source and slotted in the Xeperia Z. It works as it should. No problems. Unlike the original Sony, the power pins are not recessed, but this does not have any effect on performance. I have found that if I place the Xperia Z on the cradle when it is switched off, the screen comes on and I can see the charging symbol.
Since it saves having to open the waterproof covers every time, I feel that this is a 'must-have' accessory for the office since the original Sony stays at home. Waterproof integrity and piece of mind are well worth what I paid for this .
on 26 June 2013
As a docking station it's fine but as a charger it is useless,it has always been inconsistent but the last few nights my phone has ended up with a lot less charge than when I docked it(78% down to 8% as an example)
on 8 May 2013
I couldn't either - and glad I didn't. And I'm certainly not paying the £40-£80 price tag!!!! The GW dock is great (bit wide at the back, but not a problem). Fits the Xperia Z just fine too - and CHARGES from the USB to PC - which I understand the DK26 doesn't? The lead is included (again, the DK 26 doesn't include a USB lead) - so you can unplug it - and then use one lead for mains and one for the PC if you like (I do!). SmartConnect works fine too! I may even buy another one - or two.............
on 2 September 2013
Some reviews mention the lottery of waking up to find the phone fully charged...or drained. I persevered (for two nights) and as long as the orange light appears and the screen rotates to show it's charging I've found it's fine. You will still have to remove the rubber cap to link the phone to your PC but as I only do this every three or four weeks I'd like to think that using the dock will keep this watertight for as long as I have the phone.
on 17 August 2013
I don't know what product some of the other reviewers were writing about but this works just as it should. It charges effectively and holds the 'phone in a position anywhere within reach of the USB. The finish is stylish and it's elegant.
I'm pleased that I bought it.
on 5 May 2013
I brought this as an alternative to the Sony DK26 because I was sick of opening the flap everytime I wanted to charge my phone. It does fit the Xperia Z and looks nice enough. It also activates the dock mode and the Xperia's smart connect function. This is why I gave it 1 star. HOWEVER, it outputs at 500mA as opposed to the 1800mA delivered by the Sony dock. This means it charges your phone incredibly slowly. I had my phone on the dock charging for 11 Hours and it managed to deliver a battery charge of just 51% which is ridiculous compared to the Sony charger which delivers a 100% charge in 2 hours.
44 comments|8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 August 2013
Ordered this and it arrived pretty much the next day, the seller (Mobicity) got it out really quickly, said it was a reconditioned model that has been previously owned, but you wouldnt know it, works perfectly and does exactly what it says it would.