on 11 March 2015
Good microphone for the price but it doesn't match my camera (Nikon D3100) so I needed to use an external recorder.
The sound is obviously better than with the microphone of the camera but not outstanding.
Conclusion: for the price and non-professional project, it stays a good microphone.
on 27 October 2014
Although the mic structure is fine, there's a constant hissing sound in the background which is starting to become ridiculous. I can't record anything because of it. I tried finding ways of removing it but there's nothing I can do. To top it off, Rode won't let me return this for a new one.
on 1 September 2014
This Mic was returned as I couldn't get on with it - I found that the PAD settings to be way too small and fiddly to adjust.
Other people swear by this mic but personally, if I couldn't comfortably change the settings at my desk then I didn't want to risk it on a paid job in the field.
on 30 August 2015
It's a good mic but when you plug it into a canon 650d you always get a low fuzz noise in your video. Which I guess is more a camera than a mic problem but it advertises itself as a video mic. Plug it into a zoom h4n and you'll be amazed at the sound quality. I'm still happy I bought it.
on 10 November 2013
I've had other shotgun mics before, but nothing compares to this mics quality of sound without the usual hiss. For the money I've not found one that comes close the good results of this one. Mind you I'm just an amateur, but I'm happy with the sound reproduction for home use.
on 1 July 2015
I have been using this microphone on my Nikon & Panasonic cameras and it works great. The audio is nice and clear plus if you set it on the higher frequency range it really isolates far away sounds better and cancels out most of the camera/lens noises.
on 29 October 2015
Sounds great! well, it does the job quite well, much better than the on camera mic and it reduces a lot of the ambient surrounding noises, I use a lavalier microphone for interviewing along with this mic which helps with syncing video and audio.
on 18 January 2016
Arrived very well packaged and very happy, wanted a Rode mic for years and finally got one for around £70 ... absolute bargin if you ask me and I now have a 10 year warranty with this product !

A MUST buy for video professionals :)
on 28 November 2014
Certainly better than the SLR can offer but there is notable hiss on the top end.

I always have to export the audio and put a noise reduction filter to hide the hissing.

So, ever time i use this mic it creates more work!
on 21 December 2015
Love this mic! The quality is incredible for the price. Just have to remember to turn the mic on when you're wanting to use it and off when you're not, I've stupidly recorded without it on and also left it on when I haven't been using it.