5.0 out of 5 stars Painfully honest
Published 17 months ago by Hamster

3.0 out of 5 stars Unspoken
Very moving at times .Found it difficult to get into but once I did I couldn't put it down .
Published 15 months ago by Sue Gibbs

5.0 out of 5 stars Painfully honest, 14 April 2013
This review is from: Unspoken (Kindle Single) (Kindle Edition)
Painful to read. I was hoping for an uplifting ending or a deep insight but this is just the bare truth about death, despair and loss. I didn't learn anything by reading this. I just felt horribly depressed but at the same time I admired the author's frank, mature understanding that death is the end and there's nothing heroic about it. Don't read it on the beach on your holidays!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully written, 14 April 2013
This review is from: Unspoken (Kindle Single) (Kindle Edition)
Moving, touching and brutally honest. The sort of book you can't stop thinking about ages after you have put it down. A brilliant read

5.0 out of 5 stars A rare truthful book about the reality of death, 14 April 2013
This review is from: Unspoken (Kindle Single) (Kindle Edition)
Unspoken by Luke Allnutt is an honest no frills account of dealing with losing a parent to illness.

It came to my attention as a recommendation by Amazon who are promoting it as a Kindle Single - a novella length non fiction work.

Despite the subject matter, dealing with the death of a parent dying from a terminal illness, the book is an extremely easy read which flows coherently from the author.

This is not a book which is going to be adapted into one of those gushing Hollywood movies. Thank god. It offers much more than that. A truth which is often blindly brushed over through looking for meaning and answers where there are often none.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Rewarding, If Difficult, Read, 2 May 2013
This review is from: Unspoken (Kindle Single) (Kindle Edition)
A painful story, eloquently told. There is no happy ending, but we shouldn't expect one. This is a brutally honest book about the dying and the living and the sometimes awkward relationship between the two. The author doesn't paint his father's behavior in glowing terms, nor his own. It's a tough read, but a rewarding one. I'd love to have had a few photographs to put names to faces, though.

5.0 out of 5 stars sad but relevant, 22 April 2013
This review is from: Unspoken (Kindle Single) (Kindle Edition)
I found this to be a very good book with honest writing and also very apt for feelings towards a dying person - what does one say to a loved one when you know they are dying?

1.0 out of 5 stars Found it boring, 26 Jan 2014
This review is from: Unspoken (Kindle Single) (Kindle Edition)
not all that interesting found it very hard going it seemed very 're putative not my sort of story

pet

4.0 out of 5 stars Unspoken, 25 Jan 2014
This review is from: Unspoken (Kindle Single) (Kindle Edition)
I expected to get upset whilst reading this book having sat with my father at the end of his life but it was so well written that although I had the odd tear in my eye I loved the way it had been written. I felt that the author was writing from experience because he captured the thoughts and feelings that I experienced and so felt that I was with him all the way through to the end. A great read.

4.0 out of 5 stars Smiles- laughter and some tears., 7 Oct 2013
This review is from: Unspoken (Kindle Single) (Kindle Edition)
This is surprisingly upbeat and thought-provoking for a book about death- the ending- although expected takes your emotions through a mini rollercoaster. I have finished with a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes but with a lot of love for my own family. Good reality check.

3.0 out of 5 stars Unspoken, 17 Jun 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars book, 17 Jun 2013
This review is from: Unspoken (Kindle Single) (Kindle Edition)
good book. I get all my book from amazon to go on my kindle fire easy to down load then.

Unspoken (Kindle Single)